Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

PJ Fleck

5,546 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by phdag
Batty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So much for this guy being one of the hot coaches out there. I have not heard him in the running for any of the opening as of yet. Hope your bubble does not burst after another year at Western Michigan, Mr Fleck.
AggieDruggist89
AG
He's holding out for A&M job next year.
phdag
There are clearly some red flags that the ADs and BM types are seeing.

Maybe due to age they are wanting to see one more solid year.
jja79
AG
I suspect he's not interested in Purdue, Cincy, Houston. He's got it going really well at Western Michigan. Why not put a couple more years together then get a destination job rather than a stepping stone job?
NyAggie
AG
What jj said

Cindy and Houston are not power 5 jobs and Purdue is a tough place to win at and a likely dead end to your career if you fail

He's probably holding out for a better gig, and if he has another great season he will get it
Olsen
AG
Better Big 10 head coaching positions will be open after next season!
TyHolden
AG
phdag said:

yeah, he's barely old enough to buy beer...we'll snag him when he's an alcoholic though!
gA_CMAB_FA
phdag said:

Fleck's too emotional and loud. That stuff will wear out fast at the bigger programs.
BrotherChad
AG
gA_CMAB_FA said:

phdag said:

Fleck's too emotional and loud. That stuff will wear out fast at the bigger programs.
Seemed to work pretty well for Jim Harbaugh
gA_CMAB_FA
BrotherChad said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

phdag said:

Seemed to work pretty well for Jim Harbaugh
Harbaugh is actually very serious and a bit quirky without the theatrics that Fleck uses. Harbaugh is as blue-collar, no non-sense as it gets. He's emotional on the sidelines, when he needs to defend his methods or recently, thinks UM got screwed by the refs.
jja79
AG
Basically no one on this thread has any idea, particularly those throwing out the red flags to big money donors at schools comments with no basis in fact.
theeyetest
I think he'll be a successful coach at a big time program somewhere. Whether it'll be here, I have absolutely no clue. Not really sure how well he'll fit in down here. I don't know much about the guy, to be honest.
MaxPower
Michigan State may open up after 2017. That's certainly more attractive than the other options he had this year. Tennessee, Louisville, and BC are other jobs that could open up and fit into his regional comfort zone.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
gA_CMAB_FA said:

phdag said:

Yea I hate when coachs are loud, emotional & win all the time....

Give me the stoic, gum chewing stare of a video board after the 15th bubble screen of the half gets blown up....

jja79
AG
sounds like you value detachment in your coach
gA_CMAB_FA
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

phdag said:

Yea I hate when coachs are loud, emotional & win all the time....

Give me the stoic, gum chewing stare of a video board after the 15th bubble screen of the half gets blown up....

Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Sweeny, and Peterson are nothing like Fleck.

Fleck puts on an act and a schtick which seems to work at the Western Michigan-type level. Swinging from overhangs, non-stop chatter, and that row your boat stuff.

I doubt that gimmicky, rah-rah high schoolish stuff works after getting his first shellackings from Alabama or Ohio State.
Dr Lane Trowlan
MaxPower said:

Michigan State may open up after 2017. That's certainly more attractive than the other options he had this year. Tennessee, Louisville, and BC are other jobs that could open up and fit into his regional comfort zone.

Michigan St would be foolish to get rid of Dantonio. If they did, I'd hope A&M made a run at him. He's a damn good coach.
gA_CMAB_FA
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

MaxPower said:

Michigan St would be foolish to get rid of Dantonio. If they did, I'd hope A&M made a run at him. He's a damn good coach.
He sure is. Very detail oriented and demands toughness and full effort from his players.
Lateralus Ag
AG
jja79 said:

Basically no one on this thread has any idea, particularly those throwing out the red flags to big money donors at schools comments with no basis in fact.

Nothing we say has any basis in fact on here.

You new here?
cevans_40
AG
gA_CMAB_FA said:

Dr Lane Trowlan said:

MaxPower said:

He sure is. Very detail oriented and demands toughness and full effort from his players.

He's trending down and just rode the coattails of a few great player/texags
gA_CMAB_FA
cevans_40 said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

Dr Lane Trowlan said:

MaxPower said:

2010-2015: Three Big 10 titles

2010 11-2
2011 11-3
2012 7-6
2013 13-1
2014 11-2
2015 12-2

vs Ohio State 4-2
vs Michigan 5-1
vs Wisconsin 3-1
vs Penn State 3-0

Total vs main rivals: 15-4

That's damn impressive.
AngryAG
Waiting for Domer
bluecouchstudios
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

He's holding out for A&M job next year.
I love Fleck and would personally have him near the top of the list. That being said, I doubt he is on the short list if we end up firing Sumlin. There are several coaches at P5 schools that I would expect us to interview and attempt to hire first.
ashley
phdag said:

Well, tell us about the red say are clearly there.
Jacks Smirking BAS
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Better Big 10 head coaching positions will be open after next season!

Like Michigan if Harbaugh can't beat the Buckeyes next year.
hammerhead
He had never been a coordinator! His claim to fame is being a WR coach at Tampa Bay (Greg Schiano brought him with him) and a. Purple of years at Western Michigan..no thanks. Same reason I think Oregeron will fail..never been a coordinator..always a hired gun for recruiting.
Lateralus Ag
AG
hammerhead said:

He had never been a coordinator! His claim to fame is being a WR coach at Tampa Bay (Greg Schiano brought him with him) and a. Purple of years at Western Michigan..no thanks. Same reason I think Oregeron will fail..never been a coordinator..always a hired gun for recruiting.

LOL. While you keep criticizing him, he keeps winning games.

phatbeast
AG
gA_CMAB_FA said:

cevans_40 said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

Dr Lane Trowlan said:

MaxPower said:

2010 11-2
2011 11-3
2012 7-6
2013 13-1
2014 11-2
2015 12-2

vs Ohio State 4-2
vs Michigan 5-1
vs Wisconsin 3-1
vs Penn State 3-0

That's damn impressive.

I feel like there's a year missing there.
BMX Bandit
MaxPower said:

Why would Michigan state open?
gA_CMAB_FA
phatbeast said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

cevans_40 said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

Dr Lane Trowlan said:

MaxPower said:

2010 11-2
2011 11-3
2012 7-6
2013 13-1
2014 11-2
2015 12-2

vs Ohio State 4-2
vs Michigan 5-1
vs Wisconsin 3-1
vs Penn State 3-0

That's damn impressive.

I feel like there's a year missing there.
Obviously. I put "2010-2015" at the top of the post. I wanted to highlight what the guy has accomplished at a traditionally "little brother" program. He made them into Big Brother.

If you want to eval him off of this year, then you clearly don't know what a very good coach is.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
BMX Bandit said:

MaxPower said:

Why would Michigan state open?

Obviously it would not. It's silly thing to say.
BMX Bandit
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

MaxPower said:

Dantonio is in no danger of being fired
phdag
ashley said:

phdag said:

Well, tell us about the red say are clearly there.

Pretty simple really several jobs open. None considered him a serious candidate.

There has to be a reason. I you believe he wants to stay at Western Michigan then.. ok
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.