Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

At this point...

3,280 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OrygunAg
konradadenauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...are most AGGIES happy with the Sumlin hire or should A&M have gone in a different direction?
Vepp
You're not around here much, are you?
Bottlehead90
AG
You must be bored
JMJLAW
AG
He's a bowl loss away from being a subpar hire.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
While Mortal Kombat is a very good game, Donkey Kong is the greatest game of all time
hillcountryag86
AG
You blue starred a topic that's been beaten to death ad nauseam?
konradadenauer
As an objective outsider and football fan, I get the idea that a number of the participants on here, are more or less content with things!
phatbeast
AG
I think he was a good hire. But after three seasons in a row of collapses, it's time to move on.
Uncle Jimbo
It's never that simple. It's not always about what hires you make. It's about how you handle it when things go well or go bad. Programs have ebbs and flows.

There's not always THE GUY. Large companies hire different types of CEO's at different stages to reach different goals. The growth guy isn't always the maturity guy and the maturity guy isn't always the cutbacks guy. When one guy has accomplished all he can to achieve his goals, you go get the next guy to achieve his.

At this point, he's upgraded the overall roster and he's proven that Texas A&M should be bowl eligible every single season, but program trajectory is in decline and there's really no way to envision that he can win championships here.

His tenure could be looked at positively if we understood when it was time to move on, but we are the Aggies, and we'll let him completely lose momentum and deplete the roster for the next guy. Then we'll blame him for leaving the cupboard bare, when really we should be blaming ourselves.
Bottlehead90
AG
konradadenauer said:

As an objective outsider and football fan, I get the idea that a number of the participants on here, are more or less content with things!

Bored and trollin
Loyalty
AG
konradadenauer said:

Troll sip
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
Trolls are playing today.

Sumlin is here at least until the end of 2018. A&M wants National Championships. That's why we spent $600 million on football facilities, $5+ million/yr on a HC. 8-4 is not the goal. 10-2 or better.

FriscoKid
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

You blue starred a topic that's been beaten to death ad nauseam?
He blew himself too.
FriscoKid
AG
AggieRojo said:

Trolls are playing today.

Sumlin is here at least until the end of 2018. A&M wants National Championships. That's why we spent $600 million on football facilities, $5+ million/yr on a HC. 8-4 is not the goal. 10-2 or better.

Is your back tired from carrying all that water for Sumlin?
OrygunAg
AG
Once he gets to playoffs I'll be sold.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.