Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Marvin Wilson

9,658 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
MylesMiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ohio State or Texas A&M.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Meat chicken
Hopeful Agg16
AG
Lol. He gone...
Hi, Im Brett
AG
sunshine or snow
aggie813
Playoffs or fizzle down the stretch
misterguinness
AG
Myles or Miller
Right Rigger
Chief or Canadian Football League?
OilFieldIRI
S
Barbershop with Kellen or tribal shoulder tattoos with Tate
C Loves L
Dropping a paper in a parking lot and it blowing away each time you approach it
TyHolden
AG
Starving Marvin
Joe Exotic
AG
His favorite is LSU.
suburban cowboy
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

His favorite is LSU.

you continue to be wrong
Joe Exotic
AG
Then I guess the Texags staff is too. And the LSU numbers guys.
imrichiesdad
AG
If Sumlin would have taken the Swagcopter to see him the first time instead of sending McKInney I think it would be a different story altogether. Urban Meyer made the visits himself, and their in lies the difference, it is just effort and being intentional.
theeyetest
imrichiesdad said:

If Sumlin would have taken the Swagcopter to see him the first time instead of sending McKInney I think it would be a different story altogether. Urban Meyer made the visits himself, and their in lies the difference, it is just effort and being intentional.
Apparently Sumlin is putting all his eggs in his ONE in-home visit basket. And don't you dare say anything negative about it!
Tamu_mgm
AG
gigemtrev said:

imrichiesdad said:

Apparently Sumlin is putting all his eggs in his ONE in-home visit basket. And don't you dare say anything negative about it!
He's only ALLOWED one in-home visit dude.
Uncle Jimbo
Sumlin's level of recruiting effort is bordering on arrogant.

Saban, for example, personally skypes with these kids at least weekly. Not texting. Not having an assistant call them. The head coach has a weekly skype appointment with each target weekly.
Rick Flex
AG
Honestly, if we don't win this recruit, then I truly believe this is the beginning of the end for Sumlin.

It would be another top in state recruit lost due to recruiting effort/incompetence.
Uncle Jimbo
Texas has had 3 consecutive losing seasons, and outside of landing Myles Garrett, we've done basically nothing to capitalize on it in recruiting.
phdag
Wilson was never coming here.
Schrute
Good Wood said:

Honestly, if we don't win this recruit, then I truly believe this is the beginning of the end for Sumlin.

It would be another top in state recruit lost due to recruiting effort/incompetence.
I think the "end" began for Sumlin on that Saturday morning in Starkville.
Rick Flex
AG
Yeah but he still has a chance to redeem himself from that fiasco by landing guys like Wilson this offseason.
Uncle Jimbo
Good Wood said:

Yeah but he still has a chance to help out our next coach by landing guys like Wilson this offseason.
fixed
BBQ4Me
AG
As soon as rojo said Wilson was coming to A&M, we knew he wasn't coming here.
Joe Exotic
AG
Good Wood said:

Or he just doesn't want to come here. Wilson was barely looking out way this summer. The fact we are now in it shows how ridiculous your point is
67walkon
Trevor, Christian, Josh, Trayveon, Miles, Justin, and Deshaun are healthy and going
to cream KSU then we are going to get commitments for Wilson & Little. Carry ON
Joe Exotic
AG
We have between 0 and no chance at Little.
Uncle Jimbo
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

But a win over Kansas State is a gamechanger, dude!
whatthehey78
AG
Seriously...given his options, outside of his cousin playing basketball for A&M, I can't think of a single (FB related) reason why he'd commit to the good guys.

a. SEC - lots of other choices (some much better) to choose from.
b. Coaching - lol...and then lol some more,
c. Academics - okay, but really???????
d. Road to NFL - see (a.) above
e. $ - upon signing...see (a. and/or d.) above
f. He sgl handily wants to turn the pgm. and persistent 'mid-season' wilt around - ehhhh...NO!
f. face it...he gone
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

So you're saying there's A chance!
gA_CMAB_FA
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Good Wood said:

Or he just doesn't want to come here. Wilson was barely looking out way this summer. The fact we are now in it shows how ridiculous your point is
According to numbers site Wilson has visited TAMU at least six (6) times the past 12 months.

It's pretty clear he interested in something at TAMU or at least trying to find a reason to be interested in TAMU.
txagssweetie2014
Schrute said:

Good Wood said:

I think the "end" began for Sumlin on that Saturday morning in Starkville.

I think it began when he lost 59-0 because his team quit on him due to how he handles player issues.
CrazyDayDuck
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

His favorite is LSU.
Right.

And we're going to the Belk Bowl too, huh?

To be honest, I thought last week that he was heading to the Cajuns as well.

However, now it looks like he is heading to the Buckeyes.

To be fair though, it's still not totally clear.
CrazyDayDuck
Uncle Jimbo said:

Sumlin's level of recruiting effort is bordering on arrogant.

Saban, for example, personally skypes with these kids at least weekly. Not texting. Not having an assistant call them. The head coach has a weekly skype appointment with each target weekly.
Saban is the John Wooden of college football.

That guy will be a legend for years to come.
C Loves L
gigemtrev said:

imrichiesdad said:

Sumlin does face time. How do I know? I've seen a YouTube vid of a (then) recruit doing so when he committed

Now, tell me how you know he doesn't Skype with recruits or is this you just making wild assumptions because you have an agenda?

Sorry for the truth bomb
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.