Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Marvin Wilson - CB says sips?

46,388 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by texancanuck11
Right Rigger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Come on, Chief. Step it up.
Bone6
The sips have something to sell right now with the future under a fast rising not new coach.

We've not met expectations on the field the entire time these kids have been in High School now who are about to graduate.

I don't care how great of a recruiter you are, we're a tougher sell right now. I'm also aware I probably just bit on a troll.
Bird Poo
AG
Bone6 said:

The sips have something to sell right now with the future under a fast rising not new coach.

We've not met expectations on the field the entire time these kids have been in High School now who are about to graduate.

I don't care how great of a recruiter you are, we're a tougher sell right now. I'm also aware I probably just bit on a troll.

No excuse. Sips have sucked the last 3 years and still pulled some great recruits.
TxAg76
AG
And his defensive coordinator is......?
kentky
Marvin is going to either LSU or Ohio State with the rest of the Texas 5 stars. He's not going to the cesspool.
Bone6
Quote:

No excuse. Sips have sucked the last 3 years and still pulled some great recruits.
While we out recruited them overall and beat them out for most of the recruits both schools wanted with a few exceptions.

Not even Alabama wins them all. The entire Sumlin era we've been a better sell overall than the sips, but with the Herman hire and our performance on the field that's changed (for the first time in a while).
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
Bone6 said:

The sips do have something to sell, like a fat old guy selling used cars:

A) They are working on their 3rd coach in 4 years.
B) Their new coach is an unproven mid-major who lost to Navy, that power house SMU, and stellar Memphis. In each game Herman was outcoached.
C) They belong to a conference that has been left out in the cold for the College Football Playoffs 2 out of 3 times. Only one time has a Big 12 team appeared in the playoffs. The SEC has had 4 appearances.
D) They have sold out their stadium one time in the past two years. They averaged less than 85% actual home attendance.
E) 9 SEC stadiums are bigger than the third largest Big12 Stadium. No one attends, no one cares.
F) The Big 12 is dead last among the Power 5 in television ratings for the past 3 years. The SEC is first.
G) Overall - their talent is very, very weak. Kansas was actually a better team down the roster. It will take a great coach 4-5 years to build a competitive team - and we just saw what happens after 3 years. The sips, due to their B12 membership are no longer a destination of choice for the best.
H) Book mark it. Herman will be fired by 2020. Thus, they will be working on their 4th head coach..

Longhorns and the Big 12 - move along folks, nothing to see. The proof is nothing from the Big12 in the playoffs yet again.

Now, that Chavis. Genius who is building a defense with his players. With this recruiting haul - he has everything he needs. Texas A&M: Better than most SEC teams in the Conference of National Champions, but still has some work to do. Not nearly as much as the sips. I honestly don't think the sips will ever be nationally relevant until they leave the Big 12 in ten years.
AG
That Chavis. Makes good players great, great players NFL stars. Millions $$$$.

Chavis is putting his choices for players together - and look at the talent committed.

libertyag
AG
AggieRojo said:

Bone6 said:

B) Their new coach is an unproven mid-major who lost to Navy, that power house SMU, and stellar Memphis. In each game Herman was outcoached.
C) They belong to a conference that has been left out in the cold for the College Football Playoffs 2 out of 3 times. Only one time has a Big 12 team appeared in the playoffs. The SEC has had 4 appearances.
D) They have sold out their stadium one time in the past two years. They averaged less than 85% actual home attendance.
E) 9 SEC stadiums are bigger than the third largest Big12 Stadium. No one attends, no one cares.
F) The Big 12 is dead last among the Power 5 in television ratings for the past 3 years. The SEC is first.
G) Overall - their talent is very, very weak. Kansas was actually a better team down the roster. It will take a great coach 4-5 years to build a competitive tram - and we just saw what happens after 3 years. The sips, due to their B12 membership are no longer a destination of choice for the best.
H) Book mark it. Herman will be fired by 2020. Thus, they will be working on their 4th head coach..

Longhorns and the Big 12 - move along folks, nothing to see. The proof is nothing from the Big12 in the playoffs yet again.

Now, that Chavis. Genius who is building a defense with his players. With this recruiting haul - he has everything he needs. Texas A&M: Better than most SEC teams in the Conference of National Champions, but still has some work to do. Not nearly as much as the sips. I honestly don't think the sips will ever be nationally relevant until they leave the Big 12 in ten years.
lol you should stick to trolling on who is coming here, who is not, and planes turning around. Nothing to see? Time will tell who recruits better, a new guy on the block sure to be there for 3 or 4 years, or an overpaid guy who likely won't be around for 3 or 4 years.

Aggies better than most SEC teams? lol

In the conference of national champions? I mean, yes we are in the SEC, and yet firmly entrenched in the middle of the SEC West. We get the participation ribbon for being in the SEC but are irrelevant.

Do you shout "SEC, SEC, SEC" when watching games on tv?
AG
libertyag said:

AggieRojo said:

Bone6 said:

G) Overall - their talent is very, very weak. Kansas was actually a better team down the roster. It will take a great coach 4-5 years to build a competitive tram - and we just saw what happens after 3 years. The sips, due to their B12 membership are no longer a destination of choice for the best.

lol you should stick to trolling on who is coming here, who is not, and planes turning around. Nothing to see? Time will tell who recruits better, a new guy on the block sure to be there for 3 or 4 years, or an overpaid guy who likely won't be around for 3 or 4 years.

Aggies better than most SEC teams? lol

In the conference of national champions? I mean, yes we are in the SEC, and yet firmly entrenched in the middle of the SEC West. We get the participation ribbon for being in the SEC but are irrelevant.

Do you shout "SEC, SEC, SEC" when watching games on tv?

Yes, Texas A&M is better than most SEC teams:

We proved it against Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Auburn.

We are also better than Missouri, Georgia, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky.

Alabama, LSU, Florida, Ole Miss, and Miss State are better and/or beat us.

So, yes, we are 6th best out of 14 in the Conference of National Champs.

The sips, on the other hand, well....they went 5-7 and were better than Baylol and Tceh in the Conference of Left Out In The Cold...

Sparkie
AG
Quote:

Just like Charlie got 4 years?

Coaches were turning down Charlie in December of 2015 which was only his second year due to instability. Refresher here

Charlie only got 3 years and Texas was eager to kick him to the curb in 2015. Also, one of the below images is not like the others. Can you imagine how recruiting against Texas will go?

C Loves L
I could see sip bagmen supporting the new hire with going all in on Marvin
Right Rigger
AggieRojo said:

Chavis is putting his choices for players together - and look at the talent committed.

I want to believe.
Everest123
Sumlin is the problem. Not Chavis. It's hard for Chavis to make up for Sumlin since he doesn't have the pull of other head coaches for whatever reason.
Nino Brown
Lmao. One win away from sugar bowl despite no real qb and no depth on dl/lb yet. Hopefully he can read between the lines here
Clown_World
What is the significance of the basketball again?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
"That Chavis" needs to get his players to get off blocks and tackle.
Demo_Slug
AG
theeyetest
Toaggie08 said:

What is the significance of the basketball again?

Rojo thinks that because Wilson has a cousin who committed to play basketball at A&M that will eventually sway him to us.
merch
Texas bag men are probably spending big time right now...they get the change they want.
No other way to explain any movent to Texas right now. Crap team, crap conference, with unproven coach.
dreyOO
Who the **** wants to play defense in the big twelve?
JM13
Certainly not players in the Big 12
1996OlAg
AG
AggieRojo said:

Bone6 said:

G) Overall - their talent is very, very weak. Kansas was actually a better team down the roster. It will take a great coach 4-5 years to build a competitive team - and we just saw what happens after 3 years. The sips, due to their B12 membership are no longer a destination of choice for the best.

Agree, but do we get Wilson?
millertime40
AggieRojo said:

Rojo, I love how committed you are to us getting Wilson, but how in the world can you be so sure when an 18 year old kid is involved. I mean unless you are his best friend and he has never lied to you, then he could just change his mind when the texas bagmen pay him 200,000 in cash. I want to believe you, but I just dont see how you could possibly be so confident. I think you do have a source and it has some merit, but I wouldnt put all my eggs in the Wilson basket. But I sure hope you are right.
TAM85
Why would you want to play in the Big XII, the non CFP conferences???
LatinAggie1997
AG
It would be nice to have another big body in the trenches. I hope he chooses the good guys.
Jacks Smirking BAS
AG
JM13 said:

Certainly not players in the Big 12
Perfection.
Joe Exotic
AG
Meximan said:

Is anyone surprised he's showing to tu? A&M is a steaming pile of dung right now.

Yet we just got Hines
millertime40
Meximan said:

Is anyone surprised he's showing to tu? A&M is a steaming pile of dung right now.
then what is Texas ???
technoviking
AG
The last sip crystal ball for Wilson was in September.

The last several CBs for him were for bama, LSU and several for Ohio state.

Most of his sip crystal balls were from 2014.

He's not going to tu.
Meximan
millertime40 said:

Meximan said:

then what is Texas ???
Also a pile, but it's flaming.
Meximan
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Meximan said:

Yet we just got Hines
One player does not a class make. And A&M gets a few guys here and there. This score says it all: 54-39.
Eike Mlko
Meximan said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Meximan said:

Yet we just got Hines
One player does not a class make. And A&M gets a few guys here and there. This score says it all: 54-39.
Unless it is Manziel
jackie childs
didn't Wilson say that he would no longer consider the sips if they canned strong? has that changed?
TMartin
There are 3 top 10 players in the country from Texas and Sumlin needs to at least get the one left. Dig deep, Kevin, and do something different but get the job done.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.