Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chad Morris Interested In A&M

48,912 Views | 212 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheDraw
S.A. Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Meh, Sumlin, Morris the result will be the same. Mediocrity.
A growing opinion here
TxAg76
AG
TxAg76
AG
ghowe said:

TxAg76 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I don't think people are necessarily dogging Chief, but more questioning how we could be that bad last year. I mean it's not like he was working with a bunch of scrubs... The defense last year had more talent than the offense and more draft-able talent and still was rated one of the worst in the country.

I do think there will be an improvement in overall defense because I am not sure how much worse it can get (yes I understand we have had a lot worse defenses) there are still glaring weaknesses. CB and the DEs give me nightmares and I really can't trust the linebackers until proven otherwise regardless of the "talent" that we have there. And I hate to say it but we aren't exactly recruiting all world on defense right now with Chief.

Not scrubs, but not what he wants/needs either.
The league drafted 2 ends and a safety. Good players at those spots, yes, but in terms of "draftable talent"? Outside of Watts and maybe a DT, where is it? We're limited in those other areas.
Wilson is overrated, but perception is skewed because he's made a few plays that got him in the paper.
And from the 2016 team, I don't think the league will have any interest at all in any of our CBs or LBs.
And in recruiting, he won't be able to solve any of this in a singular class. The kind of kid we're talking about is being pursued by every good team in the country, most of which will have better football history than we will. It's sadly gonna be a brick by brick thing. And in the interim, we still gotta play games and field what we have.

I'm only room temperature with Sumlin, not high, but not cold on him either. But I do like this staff he's assembled over the years, and would like to see this staff have enough recruiting years to assemble THEIR product before we pull the plug on the whole thing.
He's had 5 seasons to prove what he is capable of solving. He has been remarkably consistent .500 in conference play. Maybe that's good enough or perhaps not, depending on one's perspective. But personally, to expect different results is very likely misguided. To the point of the thread, if we move away from Sumlin it's my hope we can land someone with better head coaching credentials than Morris. Not a knock on him he is just too unproven as a head coach.

Wasn't talking about Sumlin, was I?
TheDraw

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.