Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny's comments

17,796 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by crowman2010
snowdog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dak is good. Johnny is better. Sadly, off-field issues are causing Johnny's football exile. He has himself to blame. That doesn't change the fact that he's better than Prescott.
TXAGBQ76
AG
in this universe right now it is true; Dak is actually on a team and thus still a football player; Johnny is not on a team and thus not a football player.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:
why does it matter what he says or does? Do his actions affect your daily life?
Actually, yes. When I get comments almost daily of, "What's up with that Manziel kid?" I'd say yes, it affects my life.

Who is asking you about the Manziel kid on a daily basis?

Because I don't believe you.
Frankie T
quote:
quote:
why does it matter what he says or does? Do his actions affect your daily life?
Actually, yes. When I get comments almost daily of, "What's up with that Manziel kid?" I'd say yes, it affects my life.
...and you answer that it's sad that he appears to be throwing not just his football talent and life of luxury away, but at this rate even his ability to lead a normal life is in jeopardy. So again how does that negatively affect your daily life?

Are you worried that people think less of you because of Johnny? The poor choices and actions of any one individual Aggie doesn't define all Aggies. To do so is stereotyping and prejudice.

Or did you just talk a lot of smack when Johnny played for A&M and can't take it when some sip, bear, or bammer in your office gives some of it back to you?
oysterbayAG
AG
Johnny is a member of the NFLPA and is therefore still a football player who happens to be a free agent at the moment but hopefully not for long !
TexAgs91
AG
quote:
I no longer refer to him as Johnny. "Shane Falco" is more fitting.
Oh he's still Johnny. Just Johnny.
davidhouse
That's it. Blame the probably assaulted woman.
Claud
quote:
Wake up. It is likely too late now anyway.

I've heard this several times from people on here and the media. How is it too late for him to change his life around??? Johnny is what 23 years old.

Maybe the OP or someone else can explain to me why it is too late for him to get his act together and start ripping it up in the nfl.
Memphis 7
quote:
That's it. Blame the probably assaulted woman.

Are you a superhero?
greg.w.h
AG
The more interesting comparison is Dak v Stephen McGee...
Post removed:
by user
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
Wake up. It is likely too late now anyway.

I've heard this several times from people on here and the media. How is it too late for him to change his life around??? Johnny is what 23 years old.

Maybe the OP or someone else can explain to me why it is too late for him to get his act together and start ripping it up in the nfl.
It's far from too late but it is highly unlikely at this point.

If he won't even respond to his family, Sumlin, and others that have been close to him, he is not ready to change his lifestyle. It seems the only people he will talk to are people that will smoke, drink and or do blow with him.

He is in a position where he can't handle the 24/7 TMZ surveillance and criticism from everyone. He is avoiding dealing with any emotions by using...causing him to falling deeper into addiction. It's evident that he 100% believes he does not have any issues.

oysterbayAG
AG
One surprise in all this, in view of all the talk about " drug addiction " going on, is that apparently, Johnny has never failed a NFL random drug test in the 2 years he has been in the NFL and they must have targeted him for more tests than usual.
Citizen Reign
NFL drug testing aside, I'd be more likely to listen to Dad's concern of an impending fade to black.
snowdog90
All you that are saying he is no longer a football player and that Dak is better...

Johnny played well last year. If not for him making terrible choices off the field, he'd be Cleveland's starter this year.

None of us will experience the high of being on a national pedestal like he was.

Likewise, none of us will have to endure the derision and spite of that same nation as it relishes in witnessing the pedestal come crashing down.

If it makes you feel better to join the mob trashing him, go ahead. I choose to hold out hope that, somehow, Johnny's best days are ahead of him.
Citizen Reign
quote:
All you that are saying he is no longer a football player and that Dak is better...

Johnny played well last year. If not for him making terrible choices off the field, he'd be Cleveland's starter this year.

None of us will experience the high of being on a national pedestal like he was.

Likewise, none of us will have to endure the derision and spite of that same nation as it relishes in witnessing the pedestal come crashing down.

If it makes you feel better to join the mob trashing him, go ahead. I choose to hold out hope that, somehow, Johnny's best days are ahead of him.
It's good to see that not everyone on here are classless dbags filled with hate, shame, and embarrassment.

The guy still has a chance to turn it around but the clock is ticking and teams are going to need to see sustained commitment to a different lifestyle. If he starts soon, like tomorrow, he might make a roster next year. If he waits, he'll have to add another year of unemployment reducing his odds even more.
snowdog90
Honestly, CR, I would love for Johnny to play in Canada this year. It would be fun tp see him rip it up up there, and also to see ESPN rush to get the rights to show every game Johnny plays.

I agree that he has to change, and I hope he does. I'm not gonna give up on him.
oysterbayAG
AG
Montreal Alouettes and a sweet French girlfriend from McGill University could do wonders !
Deputy Travis Junior
"Played well" is a stretch. It was an up and down mix of competent and poor, with a few dashes of vintage Johnny thrown in. At best, you'd say "he was only little below average despite being a 2nd year player on a team without much offensive talent" and give him an incomplete. But not playing horribly while on a bad team is not the same as playing well on a good team, so there's no way to know whether he has what it takes at this point to be a qb I the NFL.

Given all the other baggage, there's little reason to take a chance on him.
snowdog90
Given all he had to deal with - tons of drops, little running game help, bad defense, I think he did play well. I'd bet he played well enough for Jerry take sign him, but then he just couldn't stay out of the clubs and the headlines.
oysterbayAG
AG
Assuming Johnny changes hie lifestyle and get's in shape, someone will give him a chance because of economics. They can pick him up for the minimum salary.
Citizen Reign
quote:
"Played well" is a stretch. It was an up and down mix of competent and poor, with a few dashes of vintage Johnny thrown in. At best, you'd say "he was only little below average despite being a 2nd year player on a team without much offensive talent" and give him an incomplete. But not playing horribly while on a bad team is not the same as playing well on a good team, so there's no way to know whether he has what it takes at this point to be a qb I the NFL.

The list of great QB's that struggled for two, three or even four years is not short. Not to say Johnny was on the verge of greatness but a few starts on a crap team is not enough for anyone to say he didn't have the physical abilities. We all know he didn't have his head on straight and that was obviously the reason he wasn't starting.

Most incoming QB's are going to take longer than two seasons to be consistently effective.
aggie_fan13
AG
You speak of Loyalty but fail to realize that manziel is a bum who at one time in his college career, couldn't wait to get the hell out of a&m
Memphis 7
quote:

Chance? What exactly is the risk? Media tears and tamptrums ... Which you can easily ignore?

Not hard to cut. Doesn't cost *anything

Bargain bin isn't exactly high risk.
Memphis 7
You want to see taking a chance on a qb... see: Texans
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
The list of great QB's that struggled for two, three or even four years is not short. Not to say Johnny was on the verge of greatness but a few starts on a crap team is not enough for anyone to say he didn't have the physical abilities. We all know he didn't have his head on straight and that was obviously the reason he wasn't starting.

Most incoming QB's are going to take longer than two seasons to be consistently effective.

I totally agree, which is why I said you could give him an incomplete instead of a C or worse. I'm merely stating that he didn't play nearly well enough for teams to overlook his baggage. Teams are only willing to do that with proven players like Hardy and Roth... well however you spell Big Ben's name. They aren't taking a flier on an unproven qb who MIGHT provide decent play, but will definitely provide headaches for the coaching staff with his off the field issues and by blowing off his coaches.
Citizen Reign
quote:
You speak of Loyalty but fail to realize that manziel is a bum who at one time in his college career, couldn't wait to get the hell out of a&m

Don't cry bro!
Brazoria
It's too late for Johnny. And now Martel takes off. Amazing! Gig Em!
crowman2010
AG
quote:
For the record, last season Johnny Manziel played, by far, with more energy, persistence and determination than any other Browns player ! In his last game against the Chiefs, where he rushed for 108 yards and was only one play away, at the end, from knocking the Chiefs from entering the playoffs, Andy Reid was so impressed, ( and releived ) he gave Johnny a big hug ! After the Crowley matter is settled and hopefully soon, THE COMEBACK WILL BEGIN ! !
Your, use of punctuation, is, really! hard on, my eyes
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.