Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lee Fedora - Navasota

13,790 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AGGies0311
bero88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go get him Aggies. Navasota just made a huge mistake not renewing his contract. He is pissed. Would be a great asset to our recruiting imo.
Mike Elko
AG
You mean for your whorns?
bero88
quote:
You mean for your whorns?
Oops. Wrong board. Thought this was OB. My bad.
agcoachtx04
AG
Great Man, Great Coach.
VatoLocoAggie
Huh?
Waffledynamics
AG
ironmanag
AG
The hard on for anyone named fedora on this board is creepy.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
The hard on for anyone named fedora on this board is creepy.

You do realize they are from College Station and lots of folks know the family personally, right?

That's not a hard on, it's called familiarity.
Loverboy
Bring him in as a consultant
Señor Chang
AG
Why would Navasota not renew his contract? He took them to the state championship game a few years ago, right?
ColoradoMooseHerd
The Success that both brothers have had in coaching speaks for itself and the fact they are from College Station should excite people. Anyone that *****es about Lee Fedora talk on the Texas A&M Board is just complaining to complain.
unmade bed
quote:
Why would Navasota not renew his contract? He took them to the state championship game a few years ago, right?

Apparently it is a power play between Superintendent and School Board. Fedoras contract is actually through May of 2017.

At meeting monday, the superintendent recommended a 1 year extension. Supposedly the board was not expecting this and had not spent time to consider it. The board did NOT vote not to renew, they just did not second the motion to do the extension so that it didn't even come up for a vote.

Supposedly the board is going to consider the request now and will have a vote next month. What I can gather from the Facebooks is people in navasota are pissed and it was reported as if the board voted no, and framed that way by superintendent who is evidently upset the school board wouldn't just rubber stamp his proposal.

That being said, evidently fedora and the superintendent are tight, so if the school board has an issue with superintendent, I wouldn't surprise me if fedora leaves or wants to leave on his own accord, and now this issue happened, it will look like the school board is to blame.
AgDotCom
^ If what you say is true, I see no reason for anyone to gripe or blame anyone on the school board. Their reason is plausible and probably a CYA to prevent anyone from accusing the board of brother-in-lawing the extension. And Grimes county public servants are already being frisked for recent good ol boy network deals.......

Circling the wagons in Grimes County

By the way, if you want some interesting reading, check out that whole blog. It's written by an Aggie journalism grad who then went to Stanford Law, and he is crushing the skulls of allegedly corrupt politicians all over Texas. It's highly entertaining.

Disclaimer: Not saying NISD is corrupt. But more than a few people in Navasota think other folks are and are sending in tips to Ty Clevinger. If I was an elected official there, I'd want to cover my ass four ways right now.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Mr. Clevenger did not major in Journalism but he is a former student body President. He is also a Stanford Law School graduate.

He recently uncovered huge corruption in Robertson County and led for the censoring of a Federal Judge in Waco.

Suggestion to Grimes County. Come clean quickly. You don't stand a chance against Ty Clevenger.

ashley
quote:
Go get him Aggies. Navasota just made a huge mistake not renewing his contract. He is pissed. Would be a great asset to our recruiting imo.

What makes you think that?
aggiebrad94
AG
quote:
Navasota just made a huge mistake not renewing his contract.

Not correct. They didn't EXTEND his contract. He still has a job. I can't imagine any school board member right now being comfortable right now. Don't they know football is kind of a big deal in Navasota?
ashley
quote:
quote:
Navasota just made a huge mistake not renewing his contract.

Not correct. They didn't EXTEND his contract. He still has a job. I can't imagine any school board member right now being comfortable right now. Don't they know football is kind of a big deal in Navasota?

In the school business they are telling him to get another job now. Right or wrong that's the way it works.
fishJones
AG
Navasota
Jack Squat 83
AG
quote:
^ If what you say is true, I see no reason for anyone to gripe or blame anyone on the school board. Their reason is plausible and probably a CYA to prevent anyone from accusing the board of brother-in-lawing the extension. And Grimes county public servants are already being frisked for recent good ol boy network deals.......

By the way, if you want some interesting reading, check out that whole blog. It's written by an Aggie journalism grad who then went to Stanford Law, and he is crushing the skulls of allegedly corrupt politicians all over Texas. It's highly entertaining.

Disclaimer: Not saying NISD is corrupt. But more than a few people in Navasota think other folks are and are sending in tips to Ty Clevinger. If I was an elected official there, I'd want to cover my ass four ways right now.
Just a bump for the suggestion to go to the link above. Ty C looks to be a certified badass with a huge set of 'em. Started reading about a sheriff having his truck fixed, and looped around to LBJ's likely involvement in multiple hits. Hell of a lot of interesting links in his blog. The man is determined as hell to root out corruption.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I saw that Navasota went 2-9 on the season, is that correct? If so, what have people in Navasota been saying about he football program and the loss of Fedora?
Haricougar
AG
A&M Consol says thank you
Al Bula
AG
That blog is AWESOME!
Meximan
AGobbler83 said:

Quote:

Just a bump for the suggestion to go to the link above. Ty C looks to be a certified badass with a huge set of 'em. Started reading about a sheriff having his truck fixed, and looped around to LBJ's likely involvement in multiple hits. Hell of a lot of interesting links in his blog. The man is determined as hell to root out corruption.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I was hoping that someone might be close to the Navasota Program or at least followed it to give some insight as to what Rattler Fans think about the situation a year later?
bero88
I was a rough year for the Rattlers and there are rumblings that the new coaching staff is not safe. They still have a ton of talent and with the right coach would be a state contender every year.
AWP 97
AG
Did either of the Fedora brothers go to A&M? If not, why? Also, what does it matter then if they are from College Station?
fightinag
AWP 97 said:

Did either of the Fedora brothers go to A&M? If not, why? Also, what does it matter then if they are from College Station?
That way losing would be ingrained in them
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
67walkon
Larry went to Sherman College and won a Div III Natty.
Lee came to A&M and was a freashmen WR but an All SWC Centerfielder. Good hitter. Not much power. Could run the bases. Great Guy.
dcbowers
AG
67walkon said:

Lee came to A&M and was a freashmen WR but an All SWC Centerfielder. Good hitter. Not much power. Could run the bases. Great Guy.

Whatever happened to the other brother, Bruce Fedora?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
war hymn aggie
AG
Bruce & John are the other 2 Fedora bros. & they still live in CS.
Aggie
AG
67walkon said:

Lee was a 3B at A&M.
Was on the '93 CWS team
William_C_G
AG
Larry went to Austin College in Sherman, not "Sherman College." I have every reason to believe that all the Fedora brothers regularly went to Aggie football games when they were growing up and are all Aggie fans.
AGGies0311
He's the new A&M Consolidated Football Coach

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/lee-fedora-takes-a-m-consolidated-football-coaching-job/article_87475f48-101b-54ab-ab3b-1c597ef63a76.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.