Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who had the "Flashiest Lunch Pail" in A&M History?

11,464 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by maroonthrunthru
67walkon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yale helped my brother JT and I down out of the end zone to try to show us how to punt after a spring practice one day in 1951. My Dad '53 was at a science fair in the MSC.
That fall I watch him and the Ags tie Baylor
20-20. He made dang near every play that day. I was 5 and my brother 7. He could do it all and looked like a Greek God. Can still remember the sound of his foot hitting that ball. Hail Lary
Cancelled
AG
I think we all need to remember what a lunch pail player is and how it arose. A lunch pail player is a player that is called such by ignorant announcers because he isn't supposed to be playing such a position that is traditionally reserved to certain players. The player can't possibly have the raw talent reserved to such traditional players and must have gotten there solely on grit, toughness and hard work. Therefore, monikers such as gym rat, coach on the field, high motor and student of the game.

In my opinion, lunch pail players can only play certain positions: receiver, cornerback and possibly running back. For this reason, I believe our top lunch pail guys were Swope and Tannehill.

At least that's the way I always saw it..a dig at pos announcers.
12thmanfootball
AG
NoahAg
I thought "lunch pail" was just code for white. Especially in reference to a white WR, or more rare, white DB. "Lunch pail," "high motor," "deceptively quick." And of course, "coach on the field."
TexanJeff
AG
Jaxon Appel

Keith Joseph
matthop
AG
Patrick Lewis
BoxingAg84
Current lunch pailer....

BoxingAg84
Can't forget about Cody Scates. Yes he was a punter but he was one tough SOB.

AggieDruggist89
AG
Dr. Kip Corrington.
yippee2
AG
Ty warren
LEJ
Marc Broyles
BBDP
AG
Dat?
maroonthrunthru
Grady Allen .... EOT
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.