Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M to face Louisville in 2015 Music City Bowl

December 6, 2015

Back to Nashville the Aggies go.

Though there's been no official announcement to this point, per multiple sources Texas A&M has been selected to face Bobby Petrino and the Louisville Cardinals of the Atlantic Coast Conference in the Music City Bowl — as predicted here on TexAgs earlier in the week.

The 2015 Music City Bowl will be played on Dec. 30 at 6:00 pm CST at LP Field in Nashville, to be broadcast on ESPN.

A&M, which brought a large contingent of fans to the city a mere two weeks ago when the Aggies shut out Vanderbilt, dropped its season finale against LSU to finish 8-4 and fall out of contention for a spot in a Florida bowl. Louisville came back from a 24-7 deficit against Kentucky in the regular season's final game to land a 7-5.

The Aggies have won all three bowl games they've played in under Kevin Sumlin (2012 Cotton, 2013 Chick-fil-a, 2014 Liberty). A&M is riding a four-game bowl winning streak dating back to the 2011 Meineke Car Care Bowl interim coached by Tim DeRuyter.

For TexAgs Premium members, more to follow shortly.
Discussion from...

Texas A&M to face Lousiville in 2015 Music City Bowl

20,254 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgsRule97!
Liucci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Texas A&M to face Lousiville in 2015 Music City Bowl
The Collective
AG
As predicted here....
AggieRain
The Collective
AG
Seriously though, I'm glad we continue to play new teams. I had little interest in playing another worthless game as gains TBAT.
mooney69
AG
Ho hum. Nashville is the most exciting thing about this announcement, particularly considering if we go into it with Christensen and Spav coaching still. That puts a W in serious question, and I'm p.o.'d I even have to think that.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Given tbe current state of the OC this will be another loss. However tbe defense will be prepared. We lose 13-10 and Chavis goes to BAMA where he won't be sold a bill of goods by the HC.
ZooGuy
AG
I could care less about this ball game against some loser opponent. Sumlin and Spav have given me no reason since the Mississippi State game to be excited about this team.

We walk out the same dog crap offense for the past 5-6 games. Oohh.. A game against Louisville, who also sucks.

We still haven't fired Spav. Until we do that, I don't care.
CrottyKid
AG
Louisville sucks, really sucks.
I've been following them all year (I live in Kentucky).
If we lose to Louisville, we should be embarrassed.
Kentucky was stomping a mud hole in them early and then just choked the game away.
Stone44
AG
Good--maybe we can find some offense. Just win baby!
LakeSurfinAg08
AG
Great venue but I can't get excited about playing a 7-5 team from a non-power 5 conference. This just falls in line with the disappointment with this season.
StartSpeedy
quote:
Great venue but I can't get excited about playing a 7-5 team from a non-power 5 conference. This just falls in line with the disappointment with this season.

They're in the acc, who currently has the number 1 team in the country
LakeSurfinAg08
AG
quote:
quote:

They're in the acc, who currently has the number 1 team in the country

Yeah that's my bad.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
For TexAgs Premium members, more to follow shortly.
AgsRule97!
Well, at least we have an opportunity for some Petrino revenge.
iillii
Sucks
Falcon85
AG
What a bunch of whiney little b-oches.
SEC Champs
AG
We've typically done well when we have lots of time to prepare. Put me down for a W.
Doc Hayworth
quote:
What a bunch of whiney little b-oches.

+1
The Agly Duckling
Are we going to face JaQuay WIlliams?

Just looked: He's listed as "Ja'Quay Savage," 6-3, 214, Soph.
charburr
If we'd played better we might deserve a better bowl, but we're getting what we have deserved, perhaps better. I like playing a new team in a place we haven't played before. I definitely saw no advantage to playing an old Big 12 rival in a place we've played in our own State. Looking on the good side, I think we can turn this into a great victory and good recruiting tool, if we play like we ought to with the talent and coaching staff we have. Unfortunately the season as been a little disappointing as our expectation level was high. We have a great team with great talent, but something's wrong. Hopefully we can see the real team at work in Nashville.
AgsRule97!
Not sure if this is a fair assessment or not, but we will be facing the number 13 defense in the country, 15 against the run, 40 against the pass, with the number 48 Offense, 65 run, 40 pass. Does not sound like we can run on them, but maybe their numbers are a bit misleading too.
Louisville1
quote:
Not sure if this is a fair assessment or not, but we will be facing the number 13 defense in the country, 15 against the run, 40 against the pass, with the number 48 Offense, 65 run, 40 pass. Does not sound like we can run on them, but maybe their numbers are a bit misleading too.
Our run defense has been bent a few times, and broken a couple times, but overall is solid.
Our biggest issue is our offensive line. It's extremely young and green. We will give up sacks and tackles for loss.
You guys will see our true freshman QB, Lamar Jackson. He will run with the ball. He has 4 games over 100 yards. He averages 66 yards rushing per game and 145 passing.

This game will be a tough one for us, but if we can establish a running game, we feel we have a puncher's chance. It doesn't hurt that Louisville is only 175 miles from Nashville and we have always traveled well.. We expect to have 35K fans there.

Looking forward to the game. Good luck and here's to an injury free game.
AgsRule97!
quote:
quote:
Our run defense has been bent a few times, and broken a couple times, but overall is solid.
Our biggest issue is our offensive line. It's extremely young and green. We will give up sacks and tackles for loss.
You guys will see our true freshman QB, Lamar Jackson. He will run with the ball. He has 4 games over 100 yards. He averages 66 yards rushing per game and 145 passing.

This game will be a tough one for us, but if we can establish a running game, we feel we have a puncher's chance. It doesn't hurt that Louisville is only 175 miles from Nashville and we have always traveled well.. We expect to have 35K fans there.

Looking forward to the game. Good luck and here's to an injury free game.
Not sure we know what to do with a running QB. :-)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.