Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

De'Vante Harris and "the jump"

32,699 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Lot Y Tailgate
fulshearAg96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The play down the stretch where Harris decided to jump and tag Hansbrough instead of tackling him sums up our defense. WE SUCK AT TACKLING. I don't see how you blame anyone but the coach for not driving home the fundamentals. If the team isn't tackling after game-1 the coach need to make sure they are prepared to tackle before game-2 comes around.

Injuries and youth aren't an excuse for this.
I'll give our D line some love but the linebackers and DB's consistently look like ****.
I realize there are some bright spots like Watts in the secondary but as a unit our GUYS BLOW DONKEY ****

I hope this helps. Now off to church.
wesag
AG
ESL
Aggielandma12
AG
Yep. DBs can't defend the deep ball. It's like the coach them to not turn around and make a play on the ball.
Smokedraw01
I'm sure our coaches teach the same techniques and same fundamentals as every school in the country.
novat
What is frustrating is that for the first time in MANY years we are getting top notch talent. I can't argue with the fact that we are playing a lot of young guys on both sides of the ball. That said, we have had the worst individual technique on defense for two years now. You can't blame that on youth. That is poor coaching, period! Snyder is in over his head in the SEC. We are not a physical defense and we are not fundamentally sound. We have great athletes running around the field confused out their mind because our scheme sucks and we don't know how to execute. While Spav's playing calling can be curious, Snyder's defense is horrible and that falls squarely on his shoulders.
fulshearAg96
AG
quote:
I'm sure our coaches teach the same techniques and same fundamentals as every school in the country.

Doubt it is that simple dip ****
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
as a unit our GUYS BLOW DONKEY ****

quote:
Now off to church.

novat
quote:
You were joking, yes? Our technique sucks. Tackling at the chest and not the waist/and or knees. Terrible angles on pursuit. Talented kids running around confused.
Viper16
AG

After watching Harris attempt to tag Hasbrough, I finally realized that Synder must think we are in a flag football game every week. I guess that's why "we don't have time to practice tackling during the week" according to him.
aggiesq
AG
and why the hell was the D so worn out in the 3rd quarter?
Jack Cheese
AG
I think Palmer and Musburger were at a loss to even describe what the hell Devante did on that play. It was flat embarrassing. The coaches should roll that play over and over again during film sessions this week. "This is what a ***** looks like. Don't be a *****."
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
I think Palmer and Musburger were at a loss to even describe what the hell Devante did on that play. It was flat embarrassing. The coaches should roll that play over and over again during film sessions this week. "This is what a ***** looks like. Don't be a *****."

They should roll the play all day everyday on that fancy screen they have in their pimped out locker room
AgTDub
AG
I missed this play. When did it happen so I can go back and watch?
Sea Gull
AG
You don't want to. I was speechless when I saw it live.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
I missed this play. When did it happen so I can go back and watch?

It's one of the 40+ yard TD runs
Frisco - Ag
AG
Should never see the field again
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
Should never see the field again

This.
bert harbinson
AG
He wasn't the only one who looked bad on that play. Embarrassing indeed.
Gordon Bombay
AG
I cant even think of a comment regarding that play.
Agnzona
I may be Snyders biggest critic and our tackling may suck, but it has improved tremendously form last year. About the only improvement in any area this team has made year over year.
w8liftr
That "tackling" attempt ranks right up there with the Florida OL blocking each other TWICE.
d78230
AG
He shouldn't see the field again.....but we're so desperate for cb's that he's managed to start for an eternity for us.

I think he's afraid to get hurt that's why he won't tackle anyone. Plenty of guys his size can tackle. He just won't try.
TheAggiesAreWe03
AG
Bwahahahaha! I almost F'n lost it in the stands after watching Harris pull this s hit. I told my buddy I just witnessed Harris try to jump kick the RB instead of trying to tackle him. I'm sorry but if you're that big of a p**** there's no room for you on a football field. Not to mention he can't cover anyone. The opposing teams purposely throw deep on him b/c they know it'll either be a completion or a PI. That dude should never EVER have been let out on the field after his injury to start the year. I do not believe that we don't have any other better option at CB than DeVante freakin Harris.

Rant over.
Meximan
To be fair, he has to jump to even reach waist level on most people he has to tackle.
agregg07
AG
Is there a gif of this "tackle" yet?
TheAggiesAreWe03
AG
quote:
quote:
You were joking, yes? Our technique sucks. Tackling at the chest and not the waist/and or knees. Terrible angles on pursuit. Talented kids running around confused.

Nail, head.
Agnzona
My guess without any knowledge other than watching game day is that our practices are softer and emphasis fundamentals way less than good teams do.
Personal Best
AG
Come on guys he's young

/leather ***got
SECTAMU#1
quote:
Is there a gif of this "tackle" yet?
I saw it last night, and was puzzled by what he was doing, but would like to see it again just from curiosity.
Post removed:
by user
Agnzona
^ Delusional, will accept anything fan! Your constant support of crap does the program no good! Demand excellence!
N00B
Bass should have made the play. Harris covered his guy all game. I'll deal with a yearly embarrassing tackling attempt. Everett and Matthews were a big reason they lost.
Bonfire96
AG
AGGIEZ12
quote:

That is so F%$#@% horrible, that's your defense Snyder!
OrygunAg
AG
Looks to me like he had a bad angle and overshot. then when he tried to turn there were guys rolling under his legs so he did that little jump thing. Not sure what the excuse for the other 5 ags is though.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.