Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dallas Morning News UT Coaching Targets- Kevin Sumlin?

12,977 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by roboag
beerad12man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Sumlin does not deserve to be considered an A-List candidate yet. The rest of those guys on there have won or at least taken their team to the super bowl or a BCS game. Sumlin, has not.

When Sumlin does well with a QB he actually recruited, I will be the first one to give him praise where it's due.

[This message has been edited by Robbh (edited 12/18/2013 11:30p).]

The why is he on the a-list of all these job openings?

Perhaps it's because you don't know what the f*** you're talking about.
Tyrone Shoelaces
AG
Sumlin was a finalist for the USC job...nah, he's not an A-lister.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
I think his extension precludes him from doing anything until 2015. Unless I read it wrong.
FrontPorchAg
Did you click the link? Then they did their job.
Dr. Teeth
AG
quote:
It would make sense for the sips to make a run at Sumlin.

... it would greatly weaken tu's primary recruiting competitor in Texas.

Actually, it's just the opposite. While I understand the emotional component of it, crippling A&M would actually be bad for them. Our current level of recruiting barely makes a dent in theirs, but it does keep our guys off of the rosters of the other teams in their conference.

Every 4-star that comes to College Station is one that doesn't go to Norman.

I see it the same way, every kid that picks Texas over LSU or Alabama is one we don't have to face.
cevans_40
AG
quote:
Sumlin does not deserve to be considered an A-List candidate yet. The rest of those guys on there have won or at least taken their team to the super bowl or a BCS game. Sumlin, has not.

When Sumlin does well with a QB he actually recruited, I will be the first one to give him praise where it's due.

This type of **** is getting soooo old. Go away troll.

Indignitas
AG
How many times did the writer get excited and touch himself in the course of writing that list?
agwin12
AG
They will do anything to get texags posters' panties in a wad.
JarHead17
So - Sumlin gets no credit for taking a little recruited player and turning him into the NCAA's all time yardage leader and NFL starter - or for taking a 3 start recuiting and grooming him into the first freshman Heisman winner and a future tp 10 draft pick since he didn't recruit them? That makes sense. All of Manziel's success is attributable to Sherman. Ok.

KilleenAg
The Goo
AG
Sumlin's name will be floated by the sips for one reason only. That reason is for tu to be able to claim that they looked at him but he didn't get an offer because he wasn't good enough. It is their way to back hand A&M on the PR front.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Did you click the link? Then they did their job.

I didn't and they didn't.
oldarmy1
AG
Typical DMN troll trash. They are about 3 months behind the troll on this, in fact. hahaha

p.s. Sumlin believes he can win Championships here without the drama queen sip backers. And I use "drama QUEEN" in the truest sense.
fullback44
AG

DMN = Dumb igMo News

DMN =. Dorks Making News

DMN = Dip****s Make News
Tommy_Jackson
I understand why tu would want Sumlin:
(1.) 4-4 in the SEC with a Heisman winner.
(2.) Hung in there with Missouri. They are legendary and an unbelievable team.
roboag
AG
Honestly, what makes tu a "great" job? Their fan base is terrible. Mack had to spend half his tenure, including this year, trying to teach the "fans" how to be fans.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.