Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arent you glad these committees didnt win?

8,066 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
potatoshack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And yet for coming so far, the vast majority of you "educated" and "respectful" aggies have nothing to say but "wood." "rule 1." "that's a strange looking oven."

Completely diminishes the steps women have taken and devalues the hard work that many folks have done.

These trite and demeaning comments are disappointing and shameful.

I'd implore those of you who have common sense: do not try so hard to make an anonymous character laugh at your comment on a message board, rather continue to strive for equity for women.
Kramer
AG
While I admire Rudder very much, he handled that situation poorly. Asking the President of the Board (or whomever was presiding over that meeting) to essentially lie about the vote was in poor form. Just because you don't like what the outcome will be, doesn't mean you cheat. The ends do not justify the means.
Kramer
AG
And for pt, women have equality. The ones still complaining want advantage, just like all the other minority, race-baiting mf'ers in this country.

[This message has been edited by Kramer (edited 7/27/2013 12:39p).]
oldarmy1
AG
Real Women
Nightwitches - Female Russian bombers who bombed Germany during WW2. They had old, noisy planes & the engines used to conk out halfway through their missions, so they had to climb out on the wings mid-flight to restart the props. To stop Germans from hearing them & starting up the anti aircraft guns, they'd climb to a certain height, coast down to German positions, drop their bombs, restart their engines in midair & get the hell out of dodge. Their leader flew 200+ missions & was never captured.

[This message has been edited by oldarmy1 (edited 7/27/2013 1:10p).]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
1. Potato shack sounds like a real fun person to be around...

2. Nightwitches ... Wow, respect

[This message has been edited by SpreadsheetAg (edited 7/28/2013 9:02a).]
potatoshack
spreadsheet i respect your work and what you do, but if demeaning women for laughs is "fun" then yeah...i'm a real bland son of a *****.
Rocco S
466 posts in 7 years

Troll
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:
My father in law (class of 66) was on that committee. (My wife is class of 94.) I asked him, "after four years of an all male college, you were AGAINST allowing women to come?" His response: "I'll admit now I was horribly misguided then, and A&M would not be what it is today if we had won."

I am class of 66 and have to agree that I was very mistaken about this issue. My daugher is class of 94. Just goes to show that young folks aren't always as forward looking as they should be.

Oh ****, your FIL knows your Texags handle now!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.