Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESPN 30 for 30: Aggie Bonfire?

19,844 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
PFG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching 30 for 30 tonight on the undefeated 1962 Ole Miss team, race riot and changes on the Ole Miss campus throughout the years. Interesting documentary. And it made me think: Aggie Bonfire would be quite an intriguing topic for 30 for 30 to cover.

Thumbs up or down? Would you like to see Bonfire on a 30 for 30 episode? Reopen the books of our history, good and bad, and what that Fire meant to Aggies everywhere.
diehard14
Hank Mardukas
AG
Most in Texas know it was a big deal, but as I've moved around outside of Texas, I find that few know about it.
GA Aggie
NETex
chico
AG
seems like a topic made for them.
Randyag15
AG
I do not think it would put us in a good light. Let it rest.
chico
AG
of course, I'd be crying all over again....
CiboloAg
diehard14
AG
How would it not put us in a good light?
slider676
AG
I've seen a thread before asking what the topic would be if A&M had a 30 for 30. The discussion ended with a tie between bonfire and list eater.
whiskey02
Hewey Calloway
AgGeo01
Randyag15
AG
Um we'll let's see 12 people lost there lives.......tragic with out a doubt, but the outside world would and never will understand what that day meant to us. They will focus on the negatives of bonfire
AgFrogfan
Bonfire 30 for 30 would be an excellent film if it had the right director. We all know that ESPN would fund a T-Sip 30for30 before the Ags though...

I think another good 30 for 30 would be the longstanding rivalry with tu and the eventual "schism" between the two with A&M's eventual departure from the Big 12. It may need a couple of years to get to that story though once all the dust has settled.
justalurkers
And relate to Aggie athletics how?

They did the 30 for 30 on Ole Miss because their undefeated team was during the same year that Ole Miss integrated.
AgFrogfan
quote:

Are you serious?!?!
diehard14
AG
quote:
Um we'll let's see 12 people lost there lives.......tragic with out a doubt, but the outside world would and never will understand what that day meant to us. They will focus on the negatives of bonfire

Yes it's tragic. How would that reflect bad on us though? Are you ashamed to be an aggie because of an accident?

Telling the story and history of bonfire would commemorate those that lost their life that November day.
rjamizon
quote:
. How would that reflect bad on us though

Let it go.
diehard14
AG
Let what go? I'm asking a question... The logic doesn't make any sense
PFG
AG
quote:

Not sure if serious...
JS-ags fan
What would the O/U be on the number of times the narrator used a variant of the word "myopia"?

It would put us in both a great light and a bad light.
JS-ags fan
Diehard,

Read up on the history behind WHY it collapsed.

You will quickly realize ESPN would def. portray the EXTREME negative light that came about as a result of the investigation into the collapse.

gator2ag03
I'm assuming the '15' on your name means you're class of '15? If it does, I guess I understand why you don't get it. I never got to see it burn, but I helped build the last one. I lost an upperclassman when the stack fell and I will never forget the overwhelming emotions that we all went through during that time. I was only a fish, only a few months into my Aggie years, but I found out real quick how great the Aggie Spirit truly was.

If you're c/o '15, I understand that you don't have a clue. But also understand that to many of us Bonfire means a lot more than just a stack of logs that fell and took the lives of 12 Aggies.

This would be a great addition to 30 for 30.
JOHN2010
coupland boy
AG
quote:

Yes it's tragic. How would that reflect bad on us though? Are you ashamed to be an aggie because of an accident?

Telling the story and history of bonfire would commemorate those that lost their life that November day.

Let's see. We're an engineering heavy university. drunkenness on a construction site was pretty much celebrated. urinating on those down below. Some of you guys constantly complain about 'ESiPN' one day and then the next accuse a fellow Ag of being ashamed when he rightly suggests that maybe we really don't want someone looking at the negatives associated with what went into Bonfire.
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
Run Ricky Run - The sips already got their's.
Agustus Caesar
AG
I think you missed the point. It is a stack of logs, and 12 kids died in a preventable tragedy.

Would it portray Aggies in a bad light? Maybe. But probably just the ones who say stuff like "you don't have a clue". I'm sorry, but the warm feeling in your and every Aggies' stomach you get when bonfire burns is not even close to the value of 12 lives. If you don't understand that, then you don't have clue.
diehard14
AG
You seem shocked of college kids being college kids...

Sandman98
AG
You realize there is a political undertone to each one of these right? Inner city violence (gun control slant), civil rights in the south (Kennedy painted as the hero) etc etc etc...

Disney can't find any propaganda in the Bonfire tragedy.
Floyd2112
AG
op ahole for bringing it up
NO how naive are you?
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
You realize there is a political undertone to each one of these right? Inner city violence (gun control slant), civil rights in the south (Kennedy painted as the hero) etc etc etc...

What was the political undertone during the one about Steve Bartman?
superunknown
AG
quote:
Bonfire 30 for 30 would be an excellent film if it had the right director. We all know that ESPN would fund a T-Sip 30for30 before the Ags though...

I think another good 30 for 30 would be the longstanding rivalry with tu and the eventual "schism" between the two with A&M's eventual departure from the Big 12. It may need a couple of years to get to that story though once all the dust has settled.

If the right producer and director could be found I'm sure they would consider it.
Sandman98
AG
Aggiesrul, you're that single guy with no friends because he tries too hard to be literal to dispute a larger point.

If I gave you a couple more examples you'd search long and hard for another show for the sake of argument. Stop being boring.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.