Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vegas is betting again us next year in the SEC

7,136 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by BMX Bandit
agman08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we not beat...
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mizzou
MSU
Florida

Not saying it will or won't happen but it's possible
Kashchei
AG
Aggie Football: Drinking the Kool Aid since 1894
Raptor
AG
I'll take the under.
chipotle
Haven't really analyzed the other teams but so far I'm leaning towards a 5-7 season with an unexpected non-conference loss and an unexpected conference win.
Verne Lundquist
AG
Ole miss might be the only one we can beat and thats still debateable
JJxvi
AG
1) Bet the over
2) make money
Reload8098
AG
Our OL, CMike and Trey Williams will keep us from having that bad of a record.

I think 6-6 or 7-5 is about right. If the QB position performs better than I think and injuries are kept to a minimum, 8-4 is possible.
AgNFla
AG
Its our fault... we have screwed ourselves over the years... look at last year? We were supposed to finish at the top with all the talent and look what happened? We have not beaten SEC teams in a long, long time.... so what do you expect for the future?

WE hope the new kids in the team fire up themselves and play to their upmost potential and start beating SEC teams, CONSISTENTLY!!
chipotle
quote:
The only people in this thread "doing it wrong" are the people who act like they actually have a damn clue what is going to happen.

This place would be pretty damn boring if a thread titled "guess how we're going to do next year" was followed up by 40-50 "***k if i know" replies.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
**** if I know.
czar_iv
AG
We don't have the defense to stop anyone in the SEC ... this line is spot on.

RT @PajayyWasHere: Can I Ask What Exactly Is An "Aggie" .--Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!
BCO07
AG
the last over/under i saw from vegas was 7.5

Assuming we win all OOC games that means 3/4 SEC wins. Ill go with vegas in on this one with a touch of maroon coolaid and say 4-4 in the SEC

Grand total 8-4
Vile Weed
I see A&M as Frank Dux and the SEC as the Kumite. I fully expect A&M to go undefeated, upset the highly favored LSU (Chong Li) and pound some hot blonde along the way.

Just kidding, in all seriousness, we are going to get destroyed by epic proportions next year.
KLSanchez
They're stackin' the lines for the mafia.
AGSWON
AG
Until we can prove we can beat Mizzu at home, I'm picking an "L" for that one. They have beaten us 2 years in a row at home. That's terrible!
halfastros81
AG
4-4 in conference play would be very good imo. I'm hoping A&M can do better than 2-6. I'd put the over/under on full season W's at 6.5 right now.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
3-5 at best. Get raped in a sh/tty ass bowl game by an inferior opponent. Hurray Aggie football!

If it weren't for your tag, boy, I'd be troll huntin'!
JonSnow
I will be betting the over and counting my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
2-6? Wouldn't be suprised at all

I have us as 1-7 in conference, and, while hoping I'm waaaaay low, I can justify it as utterly realistic.
Dr. Ag 2015
AG
If Vegas seriously has us at 7.5, as someone mentioned earlier, I'm putting everything I have on the under. That is just easy money.
coastalaggie87
sad, sad sad--we will be fine. Game is played on the field.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
Pretty funny how many homer idiotic texag poster phaucktards act like we're going to be a juggernaut...3-5 at best. Get raped in a sh/tty ass bowl game by an inferior opponent. Hurray Aggie football!
Was this your original post, FPS Doug, before you edited it? Lord, I was tongue-in-cheek a few posts up, but heavens, Doug.
JJxvi
AG
Here's a fun fact.

In 2011, Texas A&M won as many games against teams ranked in the final top 25 polls as the Florida, Mississippi State, Auburn, and Mississippi did combined.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 6/7/2012 1:30p).]
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
also, there is a fairly large contingent on here that was against the sumlin hire and is chomping at the bit to come out and blast him when he loses so they can show that they were "right" in not wanting him, even though all that will do is undermine the program. they don't care, though, as long as they are "right"
I did not have this impression. I hope this is inaccurate, but I confess to not knowing. Why would anyone root against Sumlin? I'm completely on board with Summy, but if I weren't, I'd probably saying something like, "I'm not down with this hire because I think he's not that good, but I'm hoping I'm soooo wrong! I hope he kicks so much ass I have to drop to my knees at Sully's statue, sing 12 Spirits, 4 Green Berets, Yell 14 Farmers Fights and 9 Military's".....etc.

How can anybody hope their coach fails just to be right? What's that mindset? Anybody who thinks that way's a fool, and isn't acting like an Ag.
bbag
AG
Exactly who do you see us beating in the SEC with the obvious lack of talent on defense.
Any high school coach could call plays against our defense.
2 tight end set, line up & run it down our throats. Every time, every play, every quarter. Yards will increase every quarter.
Ags, it's going to be a long tough year.
JJxvi
AG
I remember the last time we faced an SEC offense. They terrorized us ground and pound for 2.3 YPC a stunning -2.1 greater than their typical average.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 6/7/2012 3:18p).]
The Newbish Enigma
AG
quote:
I remember the last time we faced an SEC offense

I do too. We lost.
TxAgswin
AG
Vegas is always against me!
NewArmyAgg
The only conference game I actually EXPECT to win is Ole Miss. 6-6 I think is the most realistic prediction. 5-7 is very possible. 7 wins or more is going to be very difficult.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
I do too. We lost.

They were a top 5 team in the country, and they damn sure wouldn't have beaten us if they had "any high school coach" calling plays. Thats all I'm saying.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
The only conference game I actually EXPECT to win is Ole Miss. 6-6 I think is the most realistic prediction. 5-7 is very possible. 7 wins or more is going to be very difficult.

There is a gulf of mediocrity in the SEC. The middle of the conference wasn't even close to Alabama and LSU. Even Arkansas was a class above some of those teams, Arkansas POUNDED South Carolina, Auburn, and Miss State (and Tennesee who was terrible, and not mediocre) last year. Even if all those teams in the middle (Missouri, Florida, Auburn, Miss State, plus who knows now what we get with Arkansas) are ALL (unlikely, IMO) slightly better than us, that doesnt mean we go 0-5 in those games (and 3 of them are at home).

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 6/7/2012 4:06p).]
JUU09
AG
^This
Velvet Jones
AG
The over is an easy call, but BMX nailed it.
2006EE
AG
Vegas Aggies take them some koolaid.
Black Jack 55
With the facts on the table at this date, there should only be two SEC teams we are favored to beat (Ole Miss and MSU). Vegas is a money-where-your-mouth-is kind of place.

Some racetrack wisdom I once gleaned from a veteran bettor:
1. Past performance is way overrated.
2. Talent almost always lowers the odds.
3. Rookies amongst veterans are a good bet to finish out of the money.
4. Jockeys ride horses; horses don't ride jockeys.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.