Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

Which recruiting class has been better ... 2009 or 2010?

January 25, 2012

Brandon Leone and Brice Jones filled in for Gabe Bock Wednesday on TexAgs Radio. They discussed which recruiting class was better ... the 2009 class or the 2010 haul. Watch here and decide for yourself.
Discussion from...

9,272 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by CGSC Lobotomy
Brandon Leone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JerseyVillageAG99
AG
Tough to say but I reserve judgement for what we pull in next week. As it stands right now 2010 is shaping up much better given circumstances leading up to signing day with new coach and all. Matt Davis and the AggSwagg movement have it going on!
D.J. Flores
AG
uuummmm....this is the 2012 recruiting class... just sayin
mds2010
AG
Shouldnt the question be 2011 or 2012?
SwampAg88
fowler_9
OP please clarify the question?
Crawdaddy
AG
Petty straightforward I think. A bunch of the guys on twitter got into a little debate about which class was better. I think originally between Sean Porter and Cedric Ogbuehi. TexAgs got a hold of the info and started to wonder the same themselves. This is a segment where they discuss.
SwampAg88
Which recruiting class was better: 2008 or 2009..... Awesome.
mds2010
AG
I just listened to the podcast. Sorry I revoke my previous statement.
AWP 97
AG
These are the first two classes that Sherman had complete responsibility for recruiting and make up the majority of the Junior and Senior class. We should not only look at which is better, but even if either one would be worthy of a re-do. I'm withholding judgement until I go back and do some research.
W
AG
2009 looks better right now by quite a bit over 2010. Some 2010 players haven't played much yet and will have a chance to boost the class' rating next year. (particularly Showers and the o-line recruits)

2009 has Swope, E-Z, C-Mike, P.Lewis, Porter, Stewart, Dustin, and LaMothe as key contributors. The 4-star & 5-star recruits from that class have panned out.

2010 is headlined by Matthews and Joeckel. But already has two 4-star busts/no longer on the team. That is a significant ding.

Edge to 2009 by a good margin
CGSC Lobotomy
It's a split answer.

2009 was a far better class in terms of skill players (running backs, receivers, tight ends, linebackers, defensive backs)

2010 was a far better class in terms of the trenches
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.