Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

how many of you guys were at Puryear ?

22,803 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hot Corner
petey88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
just wondering, I was Ramp 6 if I remember correctly

Football related because I used to park my car in the fish lot, get out my bike and run campus, saw Kevin Murray holding court many times on the steps of the football dorm

after games, I could look down and out the dorm window at the masses outside

Quack Shack,...what a name for the student hospital
Bajan
AG
laaaaw hall laaaw hall, why dont you bite my ass?!

/i wasnt, but my old man was, i think thats the right yell.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Ramp 5 here...Loved that place

ESL!

[This message has been edited by Crazy Ag 97 (edited 1/6/2012 5:24p).]
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Goodbye Puryear, so long Law, say hello to the Wrecking Ball!
aggiehawg
AG
My late brother, Class of '75, was at Puryear for a year, and the same for Davis-Gary. Moved off-campus for junior and senior years.

He had a mannequin, female, that he had taken from the trash at a store where he had worked. Used markers to color in certain anatomical features, slapped a cheap wig on her and would hang her from his dorm room window in Puryear. "Naked Nellie," was her name.

He also had a hot dog machine, chips, candy bars, nuts, drinks and ran a lucrative food service from his dorm room. No fast food back then.

AG
I was there for the 50 kegger when they tore it down.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Ramp 4 here.
FbgTxAg
AG
Law Hall Dammit! Ramp 9 Mules!
aggiez98
AG
ESL!

Ramp 2 for its last semester...
Blue Bell Ag
AG
Law Hall ramp 2!
AggieFaith
AG
Awesome water fights with Law, we will yell Law sucks and all hell will brake loose. Puryear Playboys. We had Ag Swag like no one else
Hms300
AG
Ramp 6 fall of 79/spring of 80. great dorm..hot as hell. water fights with law hall were great...sad to see it go.
Prexys Moon
AG
Law Hall ramp 3. Nothing like it. 1991-92.
Atmpainter
AG
After the buildings were razed, the ramp numbers and building plates were put on the ground as a sort of "memorial" When the new ag building went up they were removed. Does anyone know why they were not put back? Those two ramp style dorms were a part of many college experiences. With that said, Walton Loads!
Ramp5
AG
FU PURYEAR!!!!
petey88
no offense agpainter

I remember walking past Walton, as we were on the way to Dudley's or the Cow Hop

guys were sitting under umbrellas, and had spray painted bedsheets from the windows toutng Walton, trying to draw attention to themselves

We didn't need umbrellas, Puryear or Law

it was hotter than hell living
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
89-90 Ramp 4 Drunks! Aint it Great! ESL!!!
commando2004
AG
quote:
After the buildings were razed, the ramp numbers and building plates were put on the ground as a sort of "memorial" When the new ag building went up they were removed. Does anyone know why they were not put back?

They were put back, but in a less visible location, to the north of the building.
LatinAggie1997
AG
ESL...Puryear Playboys the maggies delight, last of the old army non regs, all university champion, poo-ah!

Ramp 1-J
Ramp one rejects, the girls come here, we eat a lot of ***** and drink a lot of beer! Whoop!

Good ol' days
Puryear1977
Ramp 5 & 6 Fighters has some great water fights with Law hall. One night we removed every shower head from all 9 ramps at Law. They whined for several days. The Dean of Men sent a message that the shower heads better show back up or things might get ugly!
LatinAggie1997
AG
Not sure how to take a pic and post (old and a noob)....still have my "Puryear Builds Aggie Bonfire '97" frick shirt
sanangeloAG
AG
I lived in Moore Hall my freshman year, and I was very pleased to hear it was razed.
Puryear_PB
AG
Such great times.

Pooh ah bash was epic. Name another 50 kegger held in a warehouse, that was advertised in the school news paper.
chico
AG
FU Puryear !!!
(Law Hall Ramp 6 pack)
Trajan88
AG
Law Hall Ramp 9 Mule (fall '84 - fall '86).

FUP!
Trajan88
AG
I believe some of the brick from Puryear and Law halls were used in building a "wall" section in a College Station Freebirds.

Speaking of brick... one of the Law bricks is in my bedroom... probably full of asbestos.
Birddog
AG
Ramp 7

I went over and got a brick from Puryear when they were knocking it down, its now in my office. My office is in the building that sits where L/P used to be. Full circle so to speak.

[This message has been edited by Birddog (edited 1/6/2012 10:20p).]
91poohah
AG
ESL !

I was ramp 6 from 87-90. Good group of people, great dorm... Might have stayed longer if they didn't ask me and my zoo to find a place off campus.
FbgTxAg
AG
We caught a rat every night for a week once. Probably caught 50 in 4 years. Hung em in the ramp doorway. Our RA didn't think it was that funny.

Law Hall Ramp 9 Mules '90-'94
79AG
This Keathley Kisser loved the Puryear Playboys in the late 70's!
petey88
Puryear Ramp 6

someone posted a booger board downstairs

classic was the one,...a big one a couple of nose hairs

then, someone with pencil drew a small plate, knife & fork around it

never ended,

the night some guy ripped a toilet out of the floor and threw it out the window, he was out there for about an hour smashing it up with a hammer, screaming the whole time

cops showed, everyone split

no arrests, Ramp 6
MAJ B
AG
Walton Warriors Old Army Nonreg, best damn dorm on campus!
Mr. Wickett
Lived in Puryear year round (fall, spring, & summer) in '58 and '59. Four different roomates. One, Charlie, flunked out at the end of fall semester in 1958, when to Kilgore Jr. College and came back for summer school in '58. Flunked out again, back to Kilgore and back in Puryear with me in summer of '59. We used to walk to MSC at night and watch Spudnik go over ... novel event at that time. No water fights with Law. Worked out in weight room in G. Rollie used by football team. Pathetic facility. After working out we would go somewhere in Bryan and buy a few quarts of Lone Star and then do fly Charlies model airplanes and drink beer and plan weekends back in Houston. Charlie tried to make beer in out closet, but blew up and soiled our clothes. Not sure of the ramp but we were across from YMCA. Had a terrific intrmural fast pitch softball team in '59. Undefeated until last game with married student team ...
many Korean war vets. They had a one armed pitcher, who threw a wicked rise ball. We could not hit him and lost 2-1.
Mr. Wickett
My error. Forgot to mention football. It was pretty ugly in '58 & '59. The Bear left to go to 'Bama and Jim Meyers replaced him and things just didn't seem to go really well. But, tough act to follow if you follow the Bear.
Puryear Playboy
AG
Ramp 4 Drunks.

Thor '89

Anyone know what ever happened to Mex and Dave?

Loved the pool we would make on the quad with all the door mats over the drain. And the way the light glinted off the bikes in the trees from the sofas buring in the early morning moonlight...

[This message has been edited by Puryear Playboy (edited 1/7/2012 1:31a).]
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.