Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

** Official Larry Fedora for HC thread **

17,311 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Greg09Ag
LukeDuke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YES
ipc78
Aggie1205
AG
22-17 in his first three years of CUSA ball. Losses to UAB and Marshall this year.

Will 22-17 cut it for Texags?
Pure Aggie
AG
quote:
Will 22-17 cut it for Texags?

maybe not, but i can assure you that going 11-2 and winning our conference will !!!!
quote:
Southern Mississippi held Houston to season lows in points, total offense and plays of 20 or more yards in the Conference USA championship game Saturday

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=313370248

livinmw
We act like we want the best coach we can think of in the country. Sherm was perfect fit for us and we fired him, dumba**es. We have made our bed now we have to lie in it. Also, I posted this earlier but I will repost it now. Fedora is the man.
He is the best bang for our buck. And, here is why.

1. He has texas ties being from C.S..
2. HC at Garland HS
3. coached at Baylor
4. coached at Okie St with Gundy
5. He currently coaches in SEC country.
6. runs off. similiar to ours.
7. has stolen a few recruits from some of the big boys in the SEC.
8. This will only get better here, larger school, competing in SEC and our facilities. 9. Either way he will be able to recruit both texas and SEC country.
10. As mentioned, runs similiar off and the recruits we have been picking up fit that scheme. As well as recruits signing in Feb so better retention rate possibilities.
11. He just beat the s**t out of Sumlin.
12. his base pay is only 650k

These points have to make him the best choice for our dollars. By the way Sumlin makes 1.35

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
posted this on premium too..

myself and my older siblings went to school with the Fedora boys. without a doubt one thing i know for certain..

in an IQ test Larry Fedora would completely blow away the other candidates interviewing for this job. all of the Fedoras were highly intelligent, charismatic, and got others to follow them.

i honestly dont know enough about the job Larry has done at his current stop....but he's the guy i would be least nervous about as our hire.

(this coming from someone who is partial to Sumlin)
Tex_Aggie
headshrinker
AG
Chris Byrne, AD at Arizona and BB's son, was interested in Fedora before hiring richrod. They are apparently good friends, but Larry's decided to hold out hoping the A&M job would open up. The man would be totally dedicated and win.
EaglePassAg08
rjamizon
I started off in the Smart camp. After really investigating, I would be pleased with Fedora.
SquadsRight
AG
Fedora is the man!!!!!!! he gets my vote!!!
Aggie
AG
coached din the SEC for 3 years as well.

I know many like Strong becasue of his defensive background.

Fedora ia a leader and has accomplished more at the HC level than has Strong.
Fedora would come in and hire a great DC.

being concerned with Fedora non defensive qualities would be the same as being concerened with offense under Strong.

Fedora should be our guy

TheCougarHunter
AG
I'm on board.

This is his dream job, and I guarantee he will bring some fire to this program.
Fightin2010
tamuz93
AG
Fedora HC Zook DC Morris OC
GoodLuckAgs
AG
So far I like what I see!

G Martin 87
AG
quote:
being concerned with Fedora non defensive qualities would be the same as being concerened with offense under Strong.
No, not quite. We're used to being in an offense-first league like the Big12, so we tend to think that a good defensive coordinator can even things out in the SEC. In the SEC, defense is king and your head coach better make defense the priority over offense. Look at LSU, for example. Where is all the talent? On the defense. Our team is top heavy with offensive talent. A coach with significant defensive coordinator experience would be preferable IMO. Not sure that Strong or Smart is the answer, just that Fedora probably isn't.
TheCougarHunter
AG
ttt
Old Main
AG
Fedora better get an interview.

TheCougarHunter
AG
If he doesn't get at least an interview, I am going to bang pots. LOUD
sjagwhoop
AggieDave02
AG
At least let him interview. I think he deserves a hard look.
boozer93
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not quite. We're used to being in an offense-first league like the Big12, so we tend to think that a good defensive coordinator can even things out in the SEC. In the SEC, defense is king and your head coach better make defense the priority over offense. Look at LSU, for example. Where is all the talent? On the defense. Our team is top heavy with offensive talent. A coach with significant defensive coordinator experience would be preferable IMO. Not sure that Strong or Smart is the answer, just that Fedora probably isn't.

Amazing Moves
JeffHamilton82
Tier 2 coaches prove that demanding excellence is a hypocritical battlecry of many Aggies.
Ag4life80
DWren
I really think Fedora would be a winner at A&M.

he would be my guy

his offenses speak for themselves..he was OC at Florida for 3 years and in 2004 his Gator offense was the best offense in the SEC

He has god connections in Texas HS football and has been recruiting in SEC country for the past 3 years as head coach at USM.

[This message has been edited by DWren (edited 12/4/2011 3:22p).]
Tex_Aggie
phildickinson1
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Maybe he's ipanic?
MikeRoEconomist
Sarge 77
The more I hear about Fedora...the more I like.
I hope he get a fair chance in the interview.
Post removed:
by user
Bassinagfan
And TTT..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.