Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any Shermshine Pumpers left out there...?

4,048 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by njohn87
firethewagonup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
we could still have Fran...

firethewagonup
to answer the OP's question, NO! it's the 3rd game, not the season...it's better to get this loss early, learn from it and rebound...the polls hate when teams lose late in the season, early first half losses are a LOT LESS factoring into the polls...plus, wasn't okie ranked when they beat us by ONE GAWD DAMN PT????????

GTF over it

Physics96
If Sherman had generals on the field for offense and defense, we would get over the hump. The problem is not in coaching. We need to get leaders on the field, and that comes from the players. I don't think you can coach that; I think it just has to come out of someone's character. The off-the-field stuff may be a symptom, but I doubt it is the cause.
wesaggie
I believe responsibility for this loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches. Not being able to get the defense signal in before the other team snaps the ball is inexcusable. Not establishing the run in the 3rd quarter was also a mistake in my opinion. The silver lining is coaching can and will be fixed. Talent can't be taught.
EaglePassAg08
AG
Been iffy about him since the hire

Last year for all we know could of been an anomaly

Even Fran had a good year
Physics96
@wesaggie: That's a player problem more than a coach prroblem. We're not doing anything different than anyone else. We just lack experienced leaders on the field to get the calls spread over the field.
heddy Lamarr
AG
Sherm is a great coach building the program the right way.

Best coach A&M has had since Bellard.

I remember when everyone wanted to run Jackie out of town after back to back losses to Cal and Boston College...they could see the game but were too stupid to see the program slowly being built - problem is Jackie cheated and cheated a lot and should never be trated as a hero for doing so..
epicfail
If you'd like to get rid of Sherman, going to the SEC will do it. Going 5-7 and 6-7(bowl loss) the first two seasons would do it.

njohn87
AG
I don't especially like the Sherman hire, and he's probably not the long term answer, but unless you think yesterday's game by itself is enough to start discussing whether it's time to get rid of him, there's really no point to this conversation. He didn't do a very good job last week. Let's move on.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.