Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would you sign up for an ESPN-free TexAgs?

4,390 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by DecadePlan
DecadePlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shedding the pariah, TexAgs content will not be dictated, nor will LHN ads be run on our site.

Great, independent move by TexAgs.com. If you have the cash flow, get those stars.
txdawg80
Just did.
cottonbeltboy
Cant Think of a Name
AG
As soon as I get to my company credit card in my desk at the office, I will pay for a whole year.
The Collective
DecadePlan
AG
Nice dawg. I know it's hypocritical of me to not have them but implore others to do so but other factors are involved. I've been over there though and it's s veritable wonderland. If you've never seen it, I'd love to hear your response.
DecadePlan
AG
ttt
Gabe Bock
AG
Wow, thanks for the plug! Maybe I should give you some stars just for your effort. E-mail me (Gabe@TexAgs.com) if you would like a free month on me, Decade!
Bankeraggie
AG
Good for you Gabe! Decade should be rewarded for his contributions.

The VY letters to Cote should be worth a month alone!
terradactylexpress
Wait is this an option? Or did texags already cut the cord? I would completely buy a star to support this move
aggie_2001_2005
I'd buy 3 stars for a year if this happened.
Agfan5254
The TexAgs homepage had "ESPN Affiliate" at the top as late as this past week. And now it's gone.
DecadePlan
AG
aggie2001-2005, it's done. They've broken up officially. I'm sure they'd be delighted with your membership. And Gabe I'll email you shortly. Thank you as always.

[This message has been edited by Decadeplan (edited 8/14/2011 1:37p).]
wee_ag
AG
Would love to here the reasoning from TA or from ESPN for the break-up
Bullmoose
DecadePlan
AG
Might be more fun to speculate wee. I have two guesses...wonder if either is close.

1. A barrage of complaints about the LHN ads foisted upon this site, send mixed signals not of the owners' making.

2. Billy was mighty chafed at the disinformation assault yesterday by those hacks and had enough being associated with a t.u. shill
12th Man Ag
AG
So, did TexAgs really pull the plug on ESPN? If so, I will sign up for stars to support the site. I am just trying to find out if this is fact or fiction. I don't really think the premium stuff is worth the money for someone who is a casual observer, but I will gladly pay if it helps the site spread the truth.
SmokinBourbon
AG
Got my stars back!
YouAggie
AG
Great Show of support from TexAgs, wonder how many others will file suit and reconsider their affiliations with ESPN.

DecadePlan
AG
12th Man, it's a definite.
12th Man Ag
AG
Then I am in.
lukin8878
ESPN is creating their own Age site. I'm guessing that is the reason for the split.
Post removed:
by user
tamu2009
AG
I think te dear cote letters should ve worth a year. Or at least each new thread of them worth a month!

Each month you write a new series decade and then get that month free!
dcbowers
AG
Really? We need details.

If Texags is no longer affiliated with ESPN (and never will be again), I'd sign up for stars!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DecadePlan
AG
J hunt, I'll do those regardless. TexAgs has always been good to me. Those are already bought an paid for.

What I'd love, however, is a chance to meet you guys. Perhaps I'll have my sister monogram a maroon A&M shirt for me with my TA handle and I'll wear it to the TA tailgate. Watch everyone's expression when they think, "Damn he's big...and old!"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.