Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Now That the Sips Won....

7,087 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Cardboardboxer
Bob in Houston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
That fact is what drives our attitude- Texas can support more than one major team but tu is doing everything it can to prevent that from happening.

So Texas shouldn't do everything it can to maximize the value of its program?
E K Gill
AG
Bob, UTex should do what they need to do.
Texas A&M needs to do what we need to do. Our problem --> a large disconnect exists between what Texas Aggies want and what our administration has chosen to do.

We need to say good bye--once and for all--to the horns.

shakeandbake
Yes, Texas had a 5-7 season and I am sure ESPN has it's fingers crossed that it was a blip on the screen and Texas will be back and their investment will pay off.
But, if you were a major sports Network who would you go with if pressed to make a call on going with a new network-- a team who has had a ten year record of 10 win seasons or a team on a 6 game winning streak (Ou being the only big win- (remember Texas beat Nebraska too at Lincoln and my Horns sucked!)and a Cotton Bowl loss. I can see big things for A&M this year as does everyone else if they were honest, you guys are on the cusp of something big. You should be very happy beating Texas 3 out of five, but you guys over here were ready to fire Sherman and your AD and stop buying season tickets after the Mizzou game.
Winning consistently over time brings the gold in. I remember the 80's when I couldn't find burnt orange in any store, Aggie t-shirts and t-shirt fans were everywhere.I don't remember a lot of Aggies complaining then, but we Texas fans were. College football is big business! Get the job done as the other Aggie sports are doing and who knows what will happen! Big programs have fallen of the map before- it could happen to my team again as well( Hope not!)!
Texas putting two games exclusively on the LHN seems like a bad thing. I live in football recruit rich East Texas and think that many low income players will now see two less Longhorn games next year and may take the "Texas is an elitess school" stance.
I know you like to think you guys would not act like Texas if the roles were reverse,but you would because human beings attend A&M, not angels and when you are on top everyone else is just cry babies and can just hate it. I remember full well the verbal bashing I got from Aggies during the 80's and 90's.
You've got something special brewing down there and it is in YOUR hands not anyone elses. Lose and you stay where you are win and beat the doors down. Good luck this season
UTGrad02
Hook Em!
Bob in Houston
quote:
We need to say good bye--once and for all--to the horns.

It appears to me that you're going to have to convince the governor. But if you can, best wishes then.

A&M could be Florida State, could be Iowa State.

Just need to win.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
But, if you were a major sports Network who would you go with if pressed to make a call on going with a new network

If pressed to make a call? Stanford. They have been the dominant overall athletic program in the country for the last 3-4 decades now.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
A&M could be Florida State, could be Iowa State.

A&M would NEVER be Iowa State. The worst case (as it almost is now) is Michigan State.
DecadePlan
AG
If I were pressed, I'd go with Michigan. Real fans > t-shirt fans for monetary purposes.
firethewagonup
we know one thing for sure, the Big 12 is not the future of CFB////

we need to quit waiting for others to make a move before we make ours/

make history, don't force it to make us...

Bob in Houston
quote:
A&M would NEVER be Iowa State. The worst case (as it almost is now) is Michigan State.

Florida State and Iowa State are examples of BCS schools that are not in the same conference with the major university of its state.

One has a highly competitive football program, and one doesn't.

But if you're talking about being in the same league, then I agree, Michigan State has many of the same parallels.
Bob in Houston
quote:
If I were pressed, I'd go with Michigan. Real fans > t-shirt fans for monetary purposes.

You're kidding, right?

Michigan State fans call them "Wal-verines" because of where they got the shirt.
Cardboardboxer
I would go with USC. Sanctions or not it is the only popular football team in the nation's second largest city. The NFL keeps fumbling opportunities to get back into that market, which leaves a vacuum for something resembling a professional football team which is basically what tu is today.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.