Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We all knew this was coming

58,178 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by rausr
Warrior Poet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.texastribune.org/texas-education/higher-education/am-system-name-jay-kimbrough-interim-chancellor/?utm_source=texastribune.org&utm_medium=alerts&utm_campaign=News%20Alert:%20Subscriptions

Swallow this pill -- moar of the same.
chipotle
Velvet Jones
AG
I'm actually encouraged by that article.
BQ07MM
AG
I know it's the in thing to do to bash Perry's picks regardless of who it is, but is there any reason in particular you think this individual won't perform adequately?
Lucas Jackson
Well, just look at the last guy.
A Person
AG
quote:
a former chief of staff to Gov. Rick Perry

All you need to know. This won't go well
Ric Clark
I have met him twice....how shall I say this and try to be nice...he is sandpaper.
John David Stutts
Red Skye
AG
quote:
I know it's the in thing to do to bash Perry's picks regardless of who it is, but is there any reason in particular you think this individual won't perform adequately?

Considering Perry's awesome track record, we should be asking exactly the opposite. Is there any reason in particular you think that Jay Kimbrough will perform adequately and be anything more than Perry's lap dog?

[This message has been edited by Red Skye (edited 6/28/2011 11:41a).]
W
AG
has he actually fixed anything at TxDoT yet?
Lucas Jackson
And understand this: Rick Perry is the most ruthless king ever to sit on the throne of Texas A&M. And none of us, and nothing of Aggieland will remain, unless WE are as ruthless.
slickwilly107
Not that it will influence any of you, but I have known Mr. Kimbrough for a while. He is a good man with strong character. He has a very distinct line between right and wrong and is very apolitical despite his association with the Gov. He will serve to the best of his ability and will do a fine job.
aggiegator10
In on an epic thread.

[This message has been edited by aggiegator10 (edited 12/2/2011 4:43p).]
freakwastaken
AG
i talked to him and he kicked a puppy and says waffles are a subpar food
Face
AG
quote:
"Jay Kimbrough and I have been friends for a long time and I think he’ll do a good job as the interim," said McKinney, who also formerly served as Perry's chief of staff.
Lucas Jackson
Nothing against puppies, but insulting waffles is going too far!
freakwastaken
AG
what if i tell you that the puppy was outfitted to serve waffles in a waffle costume at the time of said kicking? he was also about to be promoted to nacho carrier
sshm
AG
quote:
"The difference is that A&M is not broken, and those others were," he said.

Bone6
It might not be entirely fair to Kimbrough, but his connection to Perry is going to make me very skeptical/critical of him. It seems that everything Gates did to set us on the right path as an academic institution is being destroyed now.
Lucas Jackson
Can we call him Kimbrah'?
Texan55
I just don't understand why this a political job ran by the Governors chronies. It should be a job for someone with extensive educational experience & leadership.
BQ07MM
AG
If you get right down to it, the Chancellor position isn't too much more than a glorified fundraising position. As long as our university has a competent president I'm not too worried.
Uncle Jimbo
quote:
I just don't understand why this a political job ran by the Governors chronies. It should be a job for someone with extensive educational experience & leadership.

The only thing I can think of that would be more ridiculous than that would be to let the athletic director pick the football coach.
Lucas Jackson
Now you are just talking nonsense.
DustysLineup
AG
I have full faith that, as with all important appointments, the governor formed a committee to conduct an exhaustive search for the most competent and highly qualified candidates they could find on the face of the planet and when Deirdre Delisi said she wasn't interested they had no choice but to name Kimbrough.

Thanks and Gig Them.
Warrior Poet
AG
nm

[This message has been edited by Warrior Poet (edited 11/29/2011 10:02p).]
02skiag
AG
There is a good chance Perry is trying to move away from the "7 steps" folks with this appointment. It has been very unpopular and he may look to get back some support if he plans to run for president.
UtayAg
AG
BQ07MM, if A&M had a competent President I would be less worried as well. But it doesn't. It has a hopelessly underqualified puppet as President.
BQ07MM
AG
I don't really keep up the day to day goings on at A&M too much but I hadn't heard anything bad about Loftin before. Let me be clear I'm not supporting or deriding the decision, I just think some folks are a little quick to jump on bandwagons without thinking through a logical position.
UtayAg
AG
There has been nothing quick about it. I don't give a crap if the idiot does the dougie or the bernie or not. Be a frigging President or clear out. This is Texas A&M, not Sam Houston State.
gunslingercc
AG
Back off Loftin
UtayAg
AG
Absolutely not. Guy is a putz. Why would you feel differently?
jdavis97
AG
Hey Texan55, you mean someone like Gates?

Get real.
Bilbo Aggins
Loftin is a very good guy (and I think someone who could be a good prez) but we all know he was picked because he wouldn't rock the boat and would carry the water for the regents/chancellor as necessary.

I find it is suspicious that we cannot get a chancellor who has not worked with/for Perry in some capacity. Either he is getting his buddies the job and/or his interference has scared any decent candidates.

But considering Perry is the master of crony politics, I should not be surprised.

iPanic
AG
UtayAg, are you Jeff Toole, the CFO of the AD?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.