Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chicken Ranch: 3 dollar hookers?

45,192 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by etexorange
Trident89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La Grange Texas - get a road map.
AggieMBP
Keep in mind what they say about the statue of Will Rogers in Lubbock, gentlemen:
When a virgin graduates from ITTexasTech, Will's going to get off that horse.

Now, I'll buy that for a dollar.
wfmcf
The Chicken Ranch was near LaGrange. In the late 50's it was $5.00 to Aggies --- which may have been about $300 per hour! hehe
Gigem74
AG
Ok guys, back in ole army days, my outfit used to chip in and send our buds on R&R's to the chicken ranch. Our outfit was just one of many that used to visit the ranch and the tsip sorority girls there.

And just in case you have forgotten, Houston's Channel 13 "eyewitless" newsman, Marvin Zindler, had a great deal to do with shutting down the place. He was a moron then, and an even bigger one now----blue glasses and all!
Gigem74
AG
Ok guys, back in ole army days, my outfit used to chip in and send our buds on R&R's to the chicken ranch. Our outfit was just one of many that used to visit the ranch and the tsip sorority girls there.

And just in case you have forgotten, Houston's Channel 13 "eyewitless" newsman, Marvin Zindler, had a great deal to do with shutting down the place. He was a moron then, and an even bigger one now----blue glasses and all!
buffalo chip
S
"...about that shack, outside LaGrange..."
ZZ Top
wfmcf
The Chicken Ranch was out in the country near LaGrange. $5.00 in the late 50's.
Space91
AG
Inflation, what inflation. you can still get a beer on sixth street for $.50 and "a date" with a lady longhorn for $2.50. The working girls at texas have been working hard to keep their prices down. They don't want to lose market share to the ITTech ladies.
txag72
AG
Cost me $8. And I didn't get my monies worth, but that was MY fault.
txag72
AG
I tried $3, but cost me $8. It wasn't worth it, but that was MY fault!
Bring n WOOD
AG
Don't believe for a minute that Ags were the only customers at the Chicken Ranch.....I heard a good story from a co-worker who was an ex-QB for the sips during the fifties, said he and a bunch (packed carload) of his longhorn football buddies made the trip, and they were all worked up....

....anyways one of them suggested that they go off in the woods to release the "first round" in their pistols, so that they could get their money's worth when they went inside...

....after they all gathered back by the car after releasing their ammo....they asked each other if they still wanted to go inside....They had second thoughts and decided to leave!....Think about it.....as much hell as they give us Ags....a bunch of sips driving 70 miles from Austin just to pull their stuff in the WOODS, and then go home! Priceless story.....this guy was a real likeable longhorn....a great guy.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
You can still go to the Chicken Ranch!!!!!!!

IT's in Dallas, converted into a bar and nitespot under a different name. Moved from LaGrange way back. It's on Greenville Ave. Wont say for sure where without doing research but I am pretty sure I know where it is! Don't expect $3.00 girls or wh--s at all.
Oveta Builds BTHOB93
Whoever won the cotton bowl always took their players to the chicken ranch.
Ag1963
The chicken ranch at La Grange was not at all like it was portrayed. As I remember it..there was a county road, (gravel I believe) that led right up to it..(the town more or less supported its presence)and the building was multi-sided , kind of octagan shape, with A/C units in the windows....trees around etc...
(Not that I ever went there of course......)
oldoldag
AG1963
You are right, it was amazing how many guys would go there and bring back detailed info about that place..

I was told lots of the same information.
KC AG
AG
I always say that I was born 30 years too late, and this is just more proof.
jmtamu
Damn, when did they shut this place down?

I was definetely born about 30 years late. I was in Vegas a few months ago sitting in a bar with a friend when a lovely girl comes up to talk with us. After a few minutes, we realized she was awfully friendly. We talked for a while and the topic finally found it's way to her profession. Out of curiosity, I asked what a good college student would be charged. She said $300 for um....; anyway, and $1000 for everything. DAMN, that is a lot of money for a few minutes of fun. $3 -Those must have been the good old days.

Marvin sucks.

[This message has been edited by jmtamu (edited 12/15/2002 12:02p).]
hellcat9
AG
it was $6 in '68 for a "straight", a little more for "round the world" and, still a little more for "all night". I always wondered what it would have been to spend the night and get up for breakfast the next morning. And then there was the time I lost my contact at the "place" in Sealy. You ought to have seen the panic when they turned the lights on to help.
BQ78
AG
The Chicken Ranch is like Paul Revere or the B-17 it gets all the publicity, as I've been told Brenham was more popular with Aggies, closer and free beer while you waited as opposed to the CR where you had to buy the beer.
Aggie1
AG
Sealy was a lot easier to find... but he UH coeds were not nearly as pretty as the ones from t.u. in La Grange working their way through college...

AAAAAg
Yeti93
AG
http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/view/CC/ysc1.html
LonghornDub
According to close friends when I was a freshman at UT in 1959, a survey of area brothels at that time would reveal the following:

LaGrange (Chicken Ranch) - $15, strict rules
Sealey (Broken Spoke) - $15, less strict rules.
Laredo (various) - $10, negotiable downward after first encounter, even less strict rules.
Ciudad Acuna - Various establishments in Los Sumbidos - $3, negotiable downward after first encounter, virtually anything goes.

Needless to say, these friends frequented Ciudad Acuna (Commonly called Villa Acuna) much more than any other location.

Hattie Valdez' establishment in downtown Austin had closed the year before.

Uva Uvum Vivendo Varia Fit
Gladiator-91
AG
Yeah, $3 hookers, but parking was $5.

That was where the money was.
Gladiator-91
AG
Yeah, $3 hookers, but parking was $5.

That was where the money was.
Statman
I have it on good authority that the four years that Bryant was at A&M the price at the Chicken Ranch was $5. At leasy so I was told every time I asked,
Statman
I have it on good authority that the price at the Chicken Ranch during the four years that Bryant was at A&M was $5. That's what I was told every time I asked.
BonBon00
AG
Chicken Ranch = La Grange, TX

Know your TX history!!!!!! geeeez

And you thought it was safe to go back to Austin! Ewww T-Sips... Slippery lil' boogers aren't they!
oldoldag
I find it quite extraordinary to see the amount of "expert' opinion and information imparted about this particular thread.

It is important that significant information is shared so history will be accurately recorded.
army72
La Grange, about an hour from CS. There must have been hyper inflation between the mid 50's and late 60's as it was $10 in September, 1968,'I'm told'. And yes, there were girls from t.u. there, or so they said.
honda30188
Noticed that the Black lady who sold the beer to the Aggie coming out of the Chicken Ranch, was named Monia. Was not the name used in the Best Little House for Dollie Partins?
Quixote Ag
AG
You guys must have missed the suggestion that only the t-sip hookers' rates were $3. Kinda like renting a car...a nice new lexus will cost lots more than a '74 chevy nova.
Ag2001
This is far and away the best thread on this board. Please tell some more stories old Ags.
double b
AG
it is off ben white hwy, which is a good 10 min drive from TU campus
jmtamu
The anonymity of the internet at its best in this thread. Even R.C. would like this one.

This is the best thread I have seen in quite some time.
Vulture
When I was a student in the late 50’s, the going rate was $5.00 to $20.00. I remember a time when a few of us were stuck on campus over a Holladay, while most of our fellow students had gone home. No one had any money, but some one came up with the idea to pay a visit on the ranch. We pooled what funds we had and put gas in my car. We got our Bibles and headed for the Ranch. We told the girls that were there to tell them about Jesus and spent much of the night talking religion, music and whatever else young people of the day talked about. We were treated to cokes and sandwiches but that’s all. The girls could have been someone you knew from home and we had fun just having some female companionship. The next morning they made us coffee and sent us on our way. As we were about to drive off, one young lady waved and called out that we could come back anytime. I never went back, but often thought I might. I know that on one very lonely night the girls of the ranch made one Aggie feel very special.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.