Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Its officially a whole new ball game

6,644 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JD05AG
An89Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fran goes into a meeting with top Bama brass and a few minutes after that meeting the Director of Athletics issues a statement that A&M asked for and received permission to tolk to Fran. Those guys at Bama have to be p.o.'d. At least it's official that we are talking to him!
ClassOf17
In
SidetrackAg
AG
gigemags-99
AG
Rongagin71
AG
"smile today, cry tomorrow" -
Jock 07
AG
redd38
AG
Little did we know, the new ball game was getting kicked in the balls over and over.
dudeabides
AG
JMR
S
Looking back it hasn't been a fun ballgame....but the future it's looking bright

Edit for auto correct
p-wonk01
bmiller
AG
Wow. I feel like I got caught in a time warp. Please no Fran. What a massive mistake that was for the Ags. Now I will have nightmares about Little Debbies attacking me.
Philip J Fry
AG
CreedBratton
This bump gave me aids
ColoradoMooseHerd
Juan
ColoradoMooseHerd
Will have to admit, I am curious how Bumper came across this one
Windy City Ag
AG
We were on the stupid juice back then. I remember clearly that Fran was a better recruiter than Mack Brown and better gameday coach than Bob Stoops. Google search is a treasure trove for nuggets back then.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/103216/1

Quote:

tu's worst nightmare is Francione at A&M.

Quote:

Coaches like Mac Brown have ruined college football. They don't know **** about coaching, but they have perfected the art of ass kissing. RC is one of the best defensive coaches in the country but he would starve if he had to sell cars for a living. What will the sips do when A&M gets a coach like Francione? I'm sure the Dallas Morning News has some "dirt" ready to go to print.

This was one of my favorites.

Quote:

Fran could bring A&M a national title and make this team a perrenial powerhouse. However, RC Slocum will be our coach until one of two things happen.

1) a losing season
2) he retires

A losing season will not happen with the defensive mind that RC has, and he will continue to produce great defenses. One of these days he will retire, but he'll never be fired.

SidetrackAg
AG
I have faith in Jimbo and what he is doing, and i think we will win, but if this bombs then we know it is not a coaching issue here.
Agvet12
AG
Does this mean cargo shorts are back in along with spiked hair w/highlights and pukka shell necklaces?
heddy Lamarr
AG
Quote:

I have faith in Jimbo and what he is doing, and i think we will win, but if this bombs then we know it is not a coaching issue here.
its not a coaching problem...
ColoradoMooseHerd
Windy City Ag said:

We were on the stupid juice back then. I remember clearly that Fran was a better recruiter than Mack Brown and better gameday coach than Bob Stoops. Google search is a treasure trove for nuggets back then.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/103216/1

Quote:

tu's worst nightmare is Francione at A&M.

Quote:

Coaches like Mac Brown have ruined college football. They don't know **** about coaching, but they have perfected the art of ass kissing. RC is one of the best defensive coaches in the country but he would starve if he had to sell cars for a living. What will the sips do when A&M gets a coach like Francione? I'm sure the Dallas Morning News has some "dirt" ready to go to print.

This was one of my favorites.

Quote:

Fran could bring A&M a national title and make this team a perrenial powerhouse. However, RC Slocum will be our coach until one of two things happen.

1) a losing season
2) he retires

A losing season will not happen with the defensive mind that RC has, and he will continue to produce great defenses. One of these days he will retire, but he'll never be fired.

Wow, digging up a thread to before Media Man was banned for life
TXAGBQ76
AG
Every 5 years; the mantra remains the same
Bobby Jimbo
AG
An89Ag said:

Fran goes into a meeting with top Bama brass and a few minutes after that meeting the Director of Athletics issues a statement that A&M asked for and received permission to tolk to Fran. Those guys at Bama have to be p.o.'d. At least it's official that we are talking to him!
Haha wow Bama is so screwed. They'll never survive without Fran.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Now if someone can magically find the thread that contained the signature below, I would be extremely happy
Since October, I've been saying there is a process. Dr. Gates has made clear the process. He will leave coaching decisions in the hands of the incoming AD.

RC will not fall on his sword in the Colosseum tomorrow. An AD will be selected and will bear the full weight and responsibility of all Aggie athletic coaching decisions.

If I am wrong, I will leave TexAgs.com forever.

If I am right, all of you will leave.

Meximan

Meximan
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Now if someone can magically find the thread that contained the signature below, I would be extremely happy
Bam.
Meximan
It also appeared in these places though:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2195480/4
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1006386

I don't know the history of that quote, just posting what Google found for me. Maybe it was pre-crash?
BTKAG97
AG
Bobby Jimbo said:

An89Ag said:

Haha wow Bama is so screwed. They'll never survive without Fran.
Well they did suffer through Mike Shula for a few years.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Meximan said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Bam.
Actually that is not it. That is when it was brought back up. Originally the quote came from Panhandle Slim back in 2002 before RC was fired. That is the one I was looking for. The thread may have been deleted. I believe it was the original post saying that RC was going to be fired after the Thanksgiving day game and it was already decided.
Since October, I've been saying there is a process. Dr. Gates has made clear the process. He will leave coaching decisions in the hands of the incoming AD.

RC will not fall on his sword in the Colosseum tomorrow. An AD will be selected and will bear the full weight and responsibility of all Aggie athletic coaching decisions.

ColoradoMooseHerd
But Let me say I am very impressed with your tenacity and hope you can find the original thread. Thanks.
Liquid Wrench
I somehow missed which sig quote you're asking about.
Deputy Travis Junior
redd38 said:

Little did we know, the new ball game was getting kicked in the balls over and over.

He does this every week, sir.
ColoradoMooseHerd
ChiliBeans said:

I somehow missed which sig quote you're asking about.

ColoradoMooseHerd
The signature line is a quote by Panhandle Slim in 2002 before RC was fired.

Liquid Wrench
Ok, I figured it out. One of my Chrome plugins is blocking signature quotes, so I couldn't see what quote you were referring to. I had to open the thread in a different browser to see it.
JD05AG
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.