Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Photos of the Pelini attack (YouTube video added)

67,319 Views | 320 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by G-Town Cracker
Face
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
See all the posters with stars next to our names? We paid for the camera.
AggieRinger
AG

Carl Pelini
Can someone please provide me your athletic director's email address? I would like to submit my resume.
sharpdressedman
Keep the pressure on! This guy is unhinged, just like his brother Bo.
STARBUCK5
AG
^ HAHAHAHA
B0 PELINI
quote:
Carl Pelini
user level: Rookie posted 2:56p, 11/22/10this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Can someone please provide me your athletic director's email address? I would like to submit my resume.

WTF BRO?!!!!!
AggieDave02
AG
BQ#1
AG
I see some anger management training in the future for those two. Plus other disciplining actions. That is, if they are allowed to stay on at Nebraska. Bo's totally out-of-control verbal attack on his own and rather young player, who had been hurt and apparently called his dad, is pretty serious stuff at several levels. Besides being flat out wrong, he SERIOUSLY hurt his own reputation with recruits and recruit families everywhere. And that's going to last a very long time I believe. Even if I was a diehard husker fan and high school kid and had committed, I would have to seriously rethink a commitment after watching Bo lambast a young kid who was playing his heart out for Nebraska.
bjy151
Good afternoon... I am a Husker fan. I do not condone what Carl did on Saturday, I also don't condone the lies that were told from the beginning on your side. I first heard about all this yesterday while I was reading stuff online, I found 2 places that it was said that this cameraman was telling people that the camera was busted, and pieces of it were thrown into the crowd of people, and the camera could not be put back together. Later on this camera man tells a Nebraska site that removable pieces came off, and the camera was put back together. After this was posted online the other 2 postings were removed with the camermans first story. I believe one of these was posted on this site, after the story was removed is when it was changed to "See for yourself" or something like that. The drama of the second story that needs no real facts causes uproar. Is there anymore video from before or after? Its a pretty short clip just showing the meat of the altercation.
Aswell in a post talking about people needing to calm down and not fly off the handle we have a 2 star poster with:
Quote from Decay:

I paid for that camera. I'm ****ing pissed your POS meathead coach has a POS meathead brother that broke the camera I paid for.

**** you.

As I was registering I read the user agreement.
PERSONAL ATTACKS
TexAgs.com will not tolerate hateful speech, degrading remarks, or personal attacks made about other posters, athletes/coaches/faculty at Texas A&M University, or anyone else.

With the same justice you are seeking I would like to see Decays account suspended, or I am going to cry about it to anyone who will listen.
(Sound familiar?)
texasbug
AG
quote:
or I am going to cry about it to anyone who will listen

aka noone.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
Good afternoon... I am a Husker fan. I do not condone what Carl did on Saturday, I also don't condone the lies that were told from the beginning on your side.
Do you condone Carl's lies?

He said he was just trying to get to a player and that has been confirmed as false.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
I do not condone what Carl did on Saturday, I also don't condone the lies that were told from the beginning on your side.

As opposed to the lies that Carl and Bo told today? I'm not sure if it was detachable parts that were thrown or if the camera was actually in need of extra repair afterward, but Carl and Bo are telling stories about it today that directly contradict what the video/pictures/witnesses tell what happened.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
With the same justice you are seeking I would like to see Decays account suspended, or I am going to cry about it to anyone who will listen.
(Sound familiar?)

Is that a corncob shoved up your ass or are you just happy to see me?
winchesterag
AG
Aggro +1
bjy151
The cameramans own account (the second one) contradicts what he said in the first one. Who is to say any of the stories I have been reading are true? You are on a witch hunt, it doesn't matter what I say, your cameraman has already lit the fire, you all have blown it out of proportion and now we are all dumber for being a part of it all.
child of grace
S
bjy-

Perhaps you should read up on the legal definition of assault. The incident merits an official investigation by the local District Attorney. I plan to see to it that happens!
Keegan99
AG
Please, explain this "contradiction".

Also, explain the justification for the assault by Carl.

I'll hang up and listen.
Denniska
bjy151, what are your sources? You're wrong or mis-informed, but probably both.

"Camera Man's" story has not changed since his radio interview less than two hours after the game.

You're basing your whole argument on "something you read somewhere some time ago" and you don't even know what that was. If you were reading some internet forum's account, then judge that source's reliability for yourself.

The story on this website, the first-person account has never changed, and you have NO proof of it, because there is no proof to a false fact.
PooDoo
AG
http://deadspin.com/5695466/did-nebraska-defensive-coordinator-carl-pelini-rough-up-a-texas-am-photographer

http://sportsbybrooks.com/carl-pelini-falsely-accused-of-damaging-camera-29261
YellAg2004
AG
It takes a special kind of stupid to try to make an argument defending a coach who has been caught by both a video camera and still shots from the crowd going after a credentialed member of the media.

If all we had to go on was Brandon's story with no visual evidence, it would be much more questionable. However, when you have TWO sources of visual evidence, you look like an idiot when you try to claim that Brandon is lying.
mstud47
Was it right by what the pictures show? No, but we all don't know the fully story. Not to be calling out Brandon or any other fans but we don't know what was said. It looked like something said caught his attention and maybe thought Brandon was the vocal party. Again, not trying to defend Pelini but let's hold our tongue until we know the entire story.

ps- (looks like Pelini wasn't even paying attention until someone said something to cause him to face the camera)
AAM02
AG
It appears that Carl Pelini said something to that guy in the maroon shirt (probably not something very nice), then looked and saw that it was caught on tape ... he then goes to take the camera away so there isn't proof of him saying ______.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
but we don't know what was said.

He could've said, hey Pelini, go to Santa's workshop, Hey Pelini you give oral sex to men on a daily basis, it doesn't matter. There is nothing in the law that allows someone to attack physically based on what someone said. This is textbook assault and battery. I'm tired of this being an excuse for Husker fans, I understand you want to defend your coach, and I will be the first to admit the "happens in the pile all the time" excuse for TJE is not good enough, he did something cheap, but come on, this is not the same thing.
MSCAg
AG
Good grief, this is just pathetic by Nebraska fans. I haven't seen anything contradictory by Brandon, aside from if he initially used the word "detachable" in his first iteration of the story.

Carl, on the other hand, has stated he was just trying to get to a player and may have bumped a cameraman. This has been completely disproven.

You guys are morons for your continued defense of Carl. He's point blank lied.

quote:
Pelini also addressed the incident that took place after the game when NU defensive coordinator Carl Pelini knocked a camera out of a camera man's hands. Bo Pelini said it was completely accidental, that Carl was trying to get to a player who was in the middle of a group of people and that he apparently went through the camera man to do it.

"I know Carl regrets what happened," Bo said, "but that's what happened. I talked to the player involved too."

Really Bo? What player is that? #25 who isn't anywhere near the action. The player who isn't in a direct line between Carl and the cameraman?

Please Corn people, continue to defend Carl, its funny.

[This message has been edited by MSCAg (edited 11/22/2010 3:53p).]
ELGINAG
AG
The story I read said Brando put the camera down to his side as Carl approached him. Carl then began to try to take the camera away from him. This is the only version I have read from Brandons' side.
Carl claims to have been going to the aid of a player and the cameraman got in the way. How can any rational person look at the photos at the beginning of this thread and not conclude that Brandons version is what actually occurred and Carl is lying, trying to cover up his loss of control?
Texags is not about sensationalistic journalism. They are merely going about covering Aggie sports . Brandon was on the field doing his job covering the reactions of the 12th Man after a great win. Carl Pelini was in the wrong, the photos show his story is a lie , and I hope Texags makes Carl Pelini pay for damages done and publicly apologizes for his inexcusable behavior.

Aggienk
Nebraska needs to make up its mind if Brandon yelled obscenities at Carl which prompted the attack, or if Carl was trying to protect a player and get him off the field and "accidentally" ran into Brandon. It can't be both.

Either way, video and photographic evidence dispute it, but at least pick a story and stick with it.
SaltyBobcataaaaa
huskers are ruining their good name over this. and for what? some blowhard that will be gone in 2 years anyway (if not sooner).

the guy is not allowed to attack people, people.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
No, but we all don't know the fully story. Not to be calling out Brandon or any other fans but we don't know what was said. It looked like something said caught his attention and maybe thought Brandon was the vocal party. Again, not trying to defend Pelini but let's hold our tongue until we know the entire story.

Oh, what verbal statements justify an assault in the eyes of the law?

Let's see the section of the Texas Penal Code that lists the magic words.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
Bo Pelini said it was completely accidental, that Carl was trying to get to a player who was in the middle of a group of people and that he apparently went through the camera man to do it.

"I know Carl regrets what happened," Bo said, "but that's what happened. I talked to the player involved too."

Bo is even crazier than we thought.

Now he's talking to imaginary players!

Maybe Russell Crowe can play him in a movie someday.
chowdown
So quick to point fingers...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I1lQwmSXO4
I'm not here to justify the actions of Pelini or anyone else on his staff. Penalties are the reflection of an undisciplined football team and it was rather obvious for most of Saturday night who that was. But don't think for one minute that the game was between two teams of "high moral standing". It was an ugly game on both sides. We lost. I accept that. We lost our main offensive weapon and had aver 140 yards of penalties...and you only won by 3. I think it says alot about both teams. Unfortunately, the negative about that game is what will garner most of the press. Best of luck to you next year. A&M was always one of the better schools in the Big 12 and this Husker fan will miss the matchups.
carpe vinum
AG
Husker Board explanation of the incident.

Keegan99
AG
cstxag90
sportfan73
chipotle
You forgot the caption of where he invited Brandon over for tea afterwards to discuss the figurative language of Robert Frost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.