Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,067 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by _mpaul
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bristol Palin and Janson Moore
From 2019

Quote:

It's official! Bristol Palin has moved on from her recent divorce, sharing a sweet photo of herself and new boyfriend Janson Moore on Saturday, November 16.
Bristol Palin's Love Life: Levi Johnston, Dakota Meyer and More!
The pair made their social media debut posing side-by-side at a Texas A&M football game, captioned with a simple heart eyes emoji.

AWP 97
AG
She's cute!
wrinkledink
AG
Mike Tyson Mysteries mentions the vet school in S03E14
WC94
AG
Those kids are going to have some big foreheads...
Bobby Petrin0
PC Principal in South Park.
CapCity12thMan
AG
A&M mentioned in the movie The Fablemans
ArmyAg2002
AG
A&M is mentioned in the Book a Bright Shore.
war hymn aggie
AG
some others not mentioned:

John Kimbrough. All-American football player.
After his college football career, he starred in a couple of Western Movies in the early '40's
Sundown Jim

and then, Lone Star Ranger

He also posed for a Chesterfield cigarette ad back in the day. JK didn't smoke, so they painted the cigarette on him for the ad.

I have a few "Lobby cards" of these movies, as well as one of these ads from Life magazine in my collection.

Another former A&M football player, Ty Hardin, played football for Bear Bryant here at A&M.
His good looks allowed to his star in a western series called Bronco in the late 50's-early 60's. He also starred in a few movies in the early 60's and was a Hollywood beefcake for a few years.

Finally, another Aggie athlete played a minor role in yet another western series called Wagon Train, in which he played the sheriff of a town & was shot by the bad guy of the episode back in the early 60's (he didn't die, tho).

One more.....Marc Menchaca, who played in the series Ozark is a graduate of A&M.
war hymn aggie
AG
Former A&M football coach Homer Norton was used in an ad for Granger Pipe tobacco back in the 40's.

A decent ad like this one goes for $200-$250 last time I saw one offered on ebay a few years ago.
Potcake
AG
Not sure if already posted.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
war hymn aggie said:

Former A&M football coach Homer Norton was used in an ad for Granger Pipe tobacco back in the 40's.

A decent ad like this one goes for $200-$250 last time I saw one offered on ebay a few years ago.
That's awesome. Never seen that one before.
texag06ish
AG

The late, great Pimp C rocking A&M gear back in 1992.

RIP Pimp C.
AG81
AG
Did anyone mention Lyle Lovett wearing his Aggie ring while portraying a Texas Ranger on Blue Bloods yet?
Fleen
AG81 said:

Did anyone mention Lyle Lovett wearing his Aggie ring while portraying a Texas Ranger on Blue Bloods yet?
I was hoping to see it in Big Sky...
COYOTE1213
Season 1 Episode 18 Murder She Wrote. End of game tu vs Aggies at Kyle Field.
Hey Nav
AG
I have an original movie poster of Sundown Jim - found it in an antique shop in Caldwell. It's in pretty good shape.
ScannerAggie19
AG

Mad men reference for Alabama vs Texas A&M cotton bowl
texag_89
Potcake said:

Not sure if already posted.

"Nothing like this way out in West Texas, Galveston Bay is a whole other world….."

Think that was off of his Living and Dying in 3/4 Time album, but damned if I have ever seen the video, surprisingly.

Good catch on the Aggie jersey!
Traces of Texas
war hymn aggie said:

I would love to post this on my Traces of Texas FB page. I's a great arcane Texas Fact of the Day. I'd need your permission to do so.Thanks for considering it!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Mike Tyson Mysteries episode "My Favorite Mystery" from 2018, a character says he paid a team of graduate students from the Texas A&M School of Veterinary Medicine to make dinosaurs on his island.
trueaggie2782
AG
In the movie "The Fabelmans", the son's girlfriend says she's going to Texas A&M.
geb83
AG
Sitcom 'Young Sheldon' spinoff of 'Big bang Theory', several episodes when dad's watching the Aggies on TV.

In one he yells at Bucky for a bad pass, and in another dad andyoung Sheldon discuss Sheldon's mathematical approach to previous A&M game.

Jim Parsons grew up outside of Houston and is producer and original Sheldon, maybe he's an Aggie fan, or his family is.
war hymn aggie
AG
Traces of Texas said:

war hymn aggie said:

I would love to post this on my Traces of Texas FB page. I's a great arcane Texas Fact of the Day. I'd need your permission to do so.Thanks for considering it!
Go for it, Traces. It's from a pic on the internet, so I have ownership of it. You've already posted a pic of two of my grandpa over the years.
war hymn aggie
AG
Stumbled upon a doc called "Hell or High Seas".
Produced by a guy from Consol & a graduate of A&M named Stephen O'Shea. His family went to the same church as my family and I saw him & the rest of his siblings grow up over the years.....

IMO, O'Shea did a very good job documenting his maritime journey with his old high school swimming teammate named Taylor Greiger who was on a mission to bring attention to PTSD of Veteran's/servicemen once they leave the military. Grieger himself was a veteran that suffered PTSD once his military days were over. It's a major issue that rarely get's addressed but this discussion is for another day.

TexAgs & other local news outlets had interviews with O'Shea & Greiger a few years ago & a snippet of Gabe's interview with them is included in the doc.

It's on Amazon Prime if you are interested in watching it.

https://www.hellorhighseas.com/
schmiddy94
Apple TV series - The Last Thing He Told Me

The majority of the show takes place in Austin on tu's campus. The US Marshall character is an Aggie. At least he has Aggie gear in his office.
_mpaul
AG
schmiddy94 said:

Apple TV series - The Last Thing He Told Me

The majority of the show takes place in Austin on tu's campus. The US Marshall character is an Aggie. At least he has Aggie gear in his office.
And I believe that's the show with Jennifer Garner, who's father is an Aggie. Although that probably doesn't count as a pop culture sighting, but still interesting.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.