Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

T-Murph

97,390 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cj774
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i seem to remember bullitt not claiming a&m as his school on the defense intros on one of the sunday night colt games. maybe this is why.
BRP
^
It's not the reason.
Street Fighter
AG
Jude, Fran didn't get McGee his shot in the NFL; that was all on Sherman.
AG

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
sts7049
AG
quote:
It's not the reason.

you know what it was? just curious. maybe he was embarrassed by our recent performance?
CDub06
AG
There are 2 starters on the tean that went to the same high school. They often both rep their hometown because of this.

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 1/4/2010 3:39p).]
JudeAggie
I am sure both coaches contributed to him being there since they are talked to by the NFL teams ahead of time. Even then what could Sherman possibly say about him? He hardly played under him. Crazy...
JudeAggie
It's so nice to sit on the sideline and still earn a paycheck right?
sts7049
AG
http://www.indy.com/posts/joyful-journey-for-melvin-bullitt-and-jacob-lacey

sure enough. i do remember lacey's intro now too.
SiAg
AG
JudeAggie, do you really think that Stephen would have been drafted if he played QB in Fran's system in his Sr. year? I think not.
TRL-Ag
anyone I know that knows McGee said that it was all a front about him and Fran McGee was trying to save face for the program and the University
AgShaun00
AG
TRL, exactly what I have heard
nevdodge
Ok, I am going to clear this up. I played under Fran for two years and I never once had an issue the way he treated players. If you were injured you went to the corner to work out with the Strength and Conditioning coaches. They made you work, you didn’t go in a shed, and if you were sick you stayed in the training room. Say if your arm was hurt you ran during practice, or if you leg was hurt you did all upper body training until you could run again. This was all managed by the training staff and the strength coaches. This was done because some people decided that they couldn’t hack it all the time and would fake injuries. Coaches made the corner a place that you didn’t want to go unless you were actually hurt. I think some players didn’t like Fran because he expected a lot out of them and they would never put out the work. This is where I think Fran could’ve done better; he was not a great motivator when it came to young men that needed something different to push them like I believe Sherman has. I liked the guy because I enjoyed the hard work and I liked to push myself without any external motivation. You look at any business and if you are manager or leader you have to find a way to motivate everyone up and down the ladder in different ways. Fran was not good at adapting his leadership techniques to different types of people and because of this some people took advantage of him. If you have any questions please respond and I will gladly give you any answer I can.
Regards and Gig’em,
GI
I'm assuming the above poster was at one point in the Army working in DC.
ABattJudd
AG
Nevdodge, how much of the motivation for individuals falls on the head coach vs. coordinators/position coaches?

Greutzmachers -- Goin' commando!
USDA AG
Wow! Would this be the same Dodge that smoked Melton on the 4th and inches near the goal line? That was an unbelievable play, not to mention the pick that sealed the deal. My favorite player during that two year span, and a linebacker that brought it every game.

My question: did you see Fran demean any players and was there a general dislike for him by the players?
The Cowboy
Holy cow.

It's Mark freakin Dodge.

Good bull and get him an AgTag immediately!

Page 8...
milkman001
AG
Really emjoyed watching you play Mark. Your defeat of tu ended my college career on a great note. Thanks for your service to our country and to our great university.

"We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we"
CDub06
FtBendTxAg
Face
PFlat
AG
nevdodge = probably my favorite Aggie fb player of all time
StringerBell
AG
mark effing dodge.

one of my favorite all time players.

thanks for the insight.
sts7049
AG
awesome. i remember wishing this season that we had a linebacker with the same kind of toughness and fire you had.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Mark Dodge
Know Your Enemy
AG
Well now this thread just got interesting again.
Raggy09
AG
Dodge.
oh no
1876er
AG
Mark Dodge was different than any other player on the team. He was older than anybody else on the team, and he had come from the military. It makes sense that he would have a different opinion of Fran than the other guys who played for him.
aggiedrew08
CDUB98
AG
Dodge, you were a tough, balls out, player. Thanks for your hard work while in Aggieland.
Dan Scott
AG
There were some players that were tough and some that were soft. The soft players are bitter.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
Ragoo
AG
Thanks for your service to this country and for you hard work making Aggies proud.
BBDP

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.