Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

T-Murph

97,381 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cj774
Terence Kitchens
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old Punter,

I almost posted that exact fact yesterday!! It is amazing how bad he pushed us former players away.

I'm so glad we have this staff now. By the way, I still need to come play golf with you.

Thanks for all the positive posts guys.

Also, the street light story is true. I had a friend that lived next to me in the duplex and asked me how accurate I really was. I said I was pretty confident. He asked if I could hit a street light down the road and I said yes.

I put on my shoes in the front yard, and the fist kick hit the top of the pole about 2 feet from the light. The 2nd kick nailed the street light and shattered it into the street. He was impressed. Still one of my favorite stories!
Sandman23
AG
Met T-Murph and his wife a few times when he came to some of our tailgates, great couple and great Ags, Love 'em both.

Gig Em T-Murph!
OrygunAg
AG
The story about Goins pisses me off...can anyone verify if that is really true? That should never happen. How does A&M handle injuries to those putting it on the line for the school? Is there an alumni or other association that helps out with insurance, followup care, whatever for these kids? IMO that would be a huge recruiting bonus...to know that the school wont kick you to the curb if you are injured.
Preferred Nomenclature
AG
to Corps74...he commanded the Corps that year, out of what was BC 3
YellAgs
AG
quote:
I remember a story from another player that had been recruited by Slocum and then was around for Fran. During the season this player's mother was very sick and was on her death bed and this player wanted to go see here before she passed away.

Fran told him that if he missed practice to go see her he would never play for him again. The player went to see her before she passed away and sure enough, he never played again despite being a very talented player.

Fran's players hated him all the way through. Everyone thought he had such great support when the team showed up at his press conference in the middle of his last season. What people don't realize is that McGee and Kirk Elder and others on the leadership council called everyone on the team and told them they had a mandatory team meeting.

W
T
F
????

Someone should have made a stink about that. Fran should have been gone and Bill should be following him now.
Fleen
I'm simply bringing this to the top to support T-Murph (and the others) after Brent Z. chose to quote Facebook and then call out Terrance for not giving specifics. What a d bag...
DRAINS_05
AG
Me and Kedric Goins both played at Brazosport Highschool. I also let him room with me when he was shunned by fran because he couldn't afford rent at the Tradition at Northgate. The only coach who I think really felt bad for kedric was coach Charlie North. He called and checked on Kedric a couple times. Jay Lucas transfered the next season and ended up being pretty good (leading his confrence in rushing). I only said he should sue because A&M didn't fix his back. Not because he got hurt. In my opinion they should have paid for the surgery instead of making him as uncomfortable as they could and forcing him off the team and away from A&M. I am the one who told Kedric to look into A&M. I wish I wouldn't have after the way he was treated. I never in a million years thought telling him about how awesome A&M and the 12th man is would actually make me feel guilty. I am glad Sherman is here because I can already see better things to come. He seems to actually care.
DRAINS_05
AG
He also said that if you spoke up about something in practice you were singled out and that you wouldn't see the field. Also did you ever wonder why players that we recruited would just disapear? And why top defencive players would leave the team to be poets? They wouldn't even be mentioned. It was all hidden behind closed doors.

[This message has been edited by Aqua Dave (edited 12/31/2009 4:29p).]
OrygunAg
AG
Again, if true, what fran did to goins should be looked into. I doubt espn radio wants a son of a b*tch like that representing. What a *****. Would that put fran into a breach of contract and if so, can we cut him off our payroll?

[This message has been edited by SeaAg96 (edited 12/31/2009 5:30p).]
hawk1763
Byrne had to know this stuff was happening. That man should be fired. He not only allowed Fran to keep his job but gave him a raise too after all this was going on?
DRAINS_05
AG
there is no proof and he doesn't want to pursue it. Trust me I have talked to him at length about it many times. But he took the High road, got his degree elsewhere and is doing alright now.
powerbiscuit
Good for him
SwampFox
Gotta love 'ol TexAgs. I posted back in the day (and got banned for it) under a different screen name that Fran was actually a crappy person who treated his players like garbage (with the exception of a select few of the "elect" who were in his inner circle), encouraged a general spirit of constant fear as well as inter-team animosity, and created/played/perpetrated complicated, bizarre, and slightly disturbing mindgames with his players. Some of those mindgame stories are the really wacky ones. If we can get some players to share that weirdo stuff you guys will have your jaws drop for sure.
DecadePlan
AG
Dave, I used to live just around the corner from Brazosport High. My street deadended at T.W. Ogg Elementary.

On this issue, as one who suffers from vertebrae damage, I appreciate your friend taking the high road. But his back is only going to degenerate and it's simply not fair that the school not take financial responsibility for it.

I'm just no fan of Bill Byrne's but this isn't about that. This is about what's right. There's very likely nothing he can do about it now but it sickens me that he has to suffer for Fran's carelessness.

Tell 'im that your friends on TexAgs wish him the best and regret that he had to live a life of pain because of our football coach.
agracer
AG
quote:
Fran's players hated him all the way through. Everyone thought he had such great support when the team showed up at his press conference in the middle of his last season. What people don't realize is that McGee and Kirk Elder and others on the leadership council called everyone on the team and told them they had a mandatory team meeting.

When they showed up for this "team meeting" they were told to go into the press conference. 95% of the players that showed up to "support" Fran couldn't wait for him to be gone and would not have shown up to support him if they had known that's what they were showing up for.

Wow, what does that say about SM and KE?

And I wonder what all the Reggie haters have to say now. Just look at how he treated him? Best QB to set foot on campus in almost 15-years and he wants to run the option.
CDub06
AG
Fran ruined Reggie
DRAINS_05
AG
I will say that I heard plenty of things that Reggie did to hurt himself, not just frans doing. Drugs were pretty bad at that time. I heard of fist fights on the field regularly.
Vander
AG
quote:
Wow, what does that say about SM and KE?

That honestly makes me lose a lot of respect for Mcgee. If things were really as bad as these former players were saying then I really can't respect McGee all that much. How can you possibly support a coach who is that much of an ******* without being one yourself?
DRAINS_05
AG
It was good for the people in Frans inner circle. There were different groups that were treated completely different from the others. If you werent in the Fran circle you werent playing. Why do you think JL pouted when sherman came in? He was one of Frans pets along with goodson Sm and others. Martellus obviously voiced his oppinions later in his rap songs about throwing him the ball. He should have been a much bigger part of the O than he was.
OrygunAg
AG
Thanks Dave for the update. I am glad Goins was able to finish out elsewhere and get a degree (he will always be an Aggie), but sounds like he will have back problems for life. I realize it is part of the game, but what happens to kids past, present and future in this situation? It sounds like Sherman is not the sort of coach to kick a kid to the curb, but what does A&M do for ones with potential for some bad legacy issues without the right repair? I doubt many can afford the proper procedures in the first place. Again, seems to me that if I were a recruit or recruits parents, I would weigh heavily toward a school that took care of those that wore the schools name...as long as it is within bounds of NCAA rules. I hope A&M already does this, but in a case like Goins it seems something needs to be fixed.
DRAINS_05
AG
I thought the same. It really pissed me off when in the press confrence fran called him Kendric Goins instead of Kedric. He couldnt even say his name right. He said Kendrick Goins unfortunatley will not return to the team next season. Didnt say why. It made my blood boil. Kedric wanted to have nothing to do with going after the school or fran.
EtherAg
[User banned--Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 1/1/2010 8:13a).]
DecadePlan
AG
EtherAg, since you're talking out of your ass, you evidently want someone to notice you.

I not only noticed you, but I put your name in my post. See?

Bye troll.
gigem2011
quote:
That honestly makes me lose a lot of respect for Mcgee. If things were really as bad as these former players were saying then I really can't respect McGee all that much. How can you possibly support a coach who is that much of an ******* without being one yourself?

It doesn't really make me lose any respect for Steve. I think he was trying to do what he thought was right. He was doing his best to try and rally the troops and be a good leader. Even though i hated the coach he was trying to rally behind, i admire the fact that he tried his best in such a crappy situation to hold it all together.

But it is humorous that there was so much talk all over the place about the overwhelming support that Fran had from his players when it simply wasn't the case. I mean they got a bunch of guys that hated Fran to show up and essentially tricked them into showing public support for a guy they all wanted gone. Crazy.
DecadePlan
AG
Agreed...and let's not forget that even bullies always make friends with a leader or two. It's about control, and if you control the QB, you control the team.

Now that he's gone and his buffer is graduated, the other guys are speaking up.

McGee probably did get treated well by his coach and probably wanted to believe in its sincerity. I don't think Stephen turned a blind eye, but I do think he saw what he wanted to see.
DecadePlan
AG

Yeah, okay, big man.
AgShaun00
AG
if you think mcgee loved fran, then you are mistaken. He was doing everything possible to make this team as good as possible and only way to do that is to keep them together which they were not.
agracer
AG
quote:
I thought the same. It really pissed me off when in the press confrence fran called him Kendric Goins instead of Kedric

Dustin who....??
Fleen
nevermind, not worth it...

[This message has been edited by Fleen (edited 1/2/2010 8:55p).]
txagg08
AG
Post objections to these JPL posts. Get staph to ban this clown.
mac_075
T-Murph seems like an amazing human being. Gig 'em, Murph, and thanks for everything.
Jackass2004
AG
God it's good to know so many idiots still exist to take advantage of out in this world.
Fleen
jp, I'm not wet behind the ears... Take your crap elsewhere...
KilgoFoSho
AG
All of this reminds me of some of the negative Fran stuff coming out of TCU before the "Hold the Rope" crap from Bama.

quote:
The complaint says Franchione suspended Adrian Lewis from the team after a halftime incident during the Horned Frogs' season opener against Nevada on Sept. 9, for making "eye contact with a white woman when she gave him a high-five."

The Lewises said as the team left the field at halftime with a 28-7 lead, fans were high-fiving players in celebration and a woman yelled at Adrian Lewis to give her five as he ran by.

The letter asserts Franchione said he thought Adrian Lewis making eye contact with a white female was unacceptable to him, so much so that not only would Adrian not be allowed to play the rest of the game, he also would be demoted to the scout team.

The Lewises say Adrian Lewis was "yelled at and demeaned in front of the entire team" at halftime, and after the team returned to Fort Worth, Franchione called Adrian Lewis into his office and suspended him from the team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2001/01/13/franchione_players_ap/

quote:
Still, it wasn't until five days ago that Patterson knew he would guide the Horned Frogs (10-1) into the game. Initially, the players had voted for Franchione to coach the final game even while recruiting and assembling a staff at Alabama.

Athletic director Eric Hyman reversed that decision last Friday.

TCU tailback LaDainian Tomlinson said most of the players think Hyman made the right call. He and some of his teammates took umbrage when Franchione wore an Alabama red tie to the Heisman Trophy banquet instead of the Horned Frogs' purple and gold.

"I think a lot of guys had changed their mind about Coach Fran coaching, especially after Coach Fran had on that Crimson Tide tie," said Tomlinson, the nation's leading rusher each of the past two seasons. "A lot of guys were like, 'Man, that's wrong.' They really didn't want him to coach.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2000/bowls/news/2000/12/19/tcu_patterson_ap/
JudeAggie
How many guys do you know that did not play that much their senior year and hurt most of the prior years get drafted by the Cowboys like McGee did. Why am I not surprised that he showed up to support Fran. Fran looked out for him. That is upsetting. Bennett was probably shocked to see him out there. How in the heck does that happen? It's not fair that the other guys had to bust their butt to get on a team like Bullitt. He is big time now and he didn't need Fran to give him anything!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.