Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

T-Murph

97,403 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cj774
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fran probably seemed nice compared to Gillispie.
TAMUAGGIES
The first week of practice of the Fran era, one of my best friends and a 4 year LB who spent a season under RC, said that the coaches are horrible and are treating all the players without any respect at all, treating them like little kids. That was week 1 and he never really changed his tone.

FRAN sucks...that being said, we better be good next year....losing is annoying.
AnalogyAg
Threads like this are what make Texags great.

Props to great school representatives like Mr. Kitchens and Mr. Murphy.

Guy on a Buffalo
AG
I remember seeing Jamaar Taylor in the weight room at the REC working out during Fran's first year...he was using an old 12th Man towel as his workout rag and on it in big black sharpie he had written "F--K FRAN" (hyphens replacing actual letters).

At the time I was critical, wondering why one of the upper-classmen would be so negative in public like that. And while I don't think that was probably the best of messages to be sharing with people outside of the program, I can understand now why so many players were down on the Fran years.

ArkAggie2011
It might also explain some of Fran's recruiting woes.
p-wonk01
AG
well I am late as usual...but I jsut saw the post as well. /torbush
astros45
but TMurph married a tsipper,

blasphemy
DecadePlan
AG
quote:
...the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

I Corinthians 7:14b (NIV)

hth Astros
astros45
now i can sleep
DRAINS_05
AG
In 2005 a former team mate of mine Kedric Goins was on the team and his froshmen yeah he was doing well in practice at running back. He said him and J Lucas were doing better then the starters at the time ripping off big runs against the first team D in practice. They didn't get any reps after the first two weeks and were both put on the practice squad. Kedric ruptured three disc in his back a couple weeks later and they still made him practice through it until he couldnt walk anymore. They finally sent him for and MRI and when they got the results they told him he needed surgery but they felt he was too young to to have that kind of surgery on his back. They then proceeded to "get rid" of him very quickly. Not letting him be part of the team activities and not allow him to use study hall at bright. He Didn't come back to A&M and has major back problems now. I thought he should have sued for it. After that I didn't even want to watch during the fran era.
Post removed:
by user
MrMiyAggie
AG
sue for getting injured on the football field?? good luck.
Terence Kitchens
Corps74-

That's cool you saw that. Reading your post brought back some sad memories of that. I went out to the bonfire site right after the game with my parents. We said a prayer and I left the shoes I wore during the game on the fence with the score on them and I signed my name. I wanted to leave something from the game out there at the site and as a kicker I thought my shoes would be appropriate.

A lot of players wrote the names of the fallen on their undershirts before the game etc.... I still have my undershirt from that game with a hand-drawn bonfire on it with "1999". I actually wore it around the house the morning of the tu game this year before we left for C.S.
Fleen
quote:
but TMurph married a tsipper,

blasphemy

Don't hold that against him... Regardless of her affiliation, T-Murph married up... T-Murph is a class act and is doing great things here in our community.

Earvin has mentioned the same things to me, practice multiple passing looks all week long only to never see the ball come game time. He too is a welcome addition and positive influence on our local youth...

Glad to see their return and support.
NyAggie
AG
quote:
In 2005 a former team mate of mine Kedric Goins was on the team and his froshmen yeah he was doing well in practice at running back. He said him and J Lucas were doing better then the starters at the time ripping off big runs against the first team D in practice. They didn't get any reps after the first two weeks and were both put on the practice squad. Kedric ruptured three disc in his back a couple weeks later and they still made him practice through it until he couldnt walk anymore. They finally sent him for and MRI and when they got the results they told him he needed surgery but they felt he was too young to to have that kind of surgery on his back. They then proceeded to "get rid" of him very quickly. Not letting him be part of the team activities and not allow him to use study hall at bright. He Didn't come back to A&M and has major back problems now. I thought he should have sued for it. After that I didn't even want to watch during the fran era.

wow.

âne rouge
hmmmmmm
The Collective
AG
So now the rest of you feel vindicated in your Fran hate. Congratulations.
Digby
Terrance, thanks for sharing that. I'm glad you hung those shoes there--it really touched me and my family.
Preferred Nomenclature
AG
Corps74...if that's your class year, you know my dad! He was a certain leading commander that year
Digby
Preferred, I probably know him. I knew everyone back then, but over time the memory fades. :-)

Who is he and what outfit did he command?

[This message has been edited by Corps74 (edited 12/30/2009 9:47a).]
CDub06
viejo
Careful Astros....I too married a sip. It's a perfect marriage 364 days a year.

The first 15 years we didn't watch the A&M - tu game together. Now it's not a problem, and in fact she would prefer our kids go to A&M. One already does!

[This message has been edited by viejo (edited 12/30/2009 3:35p).]
BubbaRyan
quote:
Dude you would not make it 5 minutes on the grass with us, the weight room, and especially when we put on the pads buddy.

I think everyone on this board needs to read this statement over and over especially the retard.

I hope that is really you Kitchens if so thanks for your time at A&M.

whoop1012
From one of T-Murph's replies to a guy commenting on his status:

quote:
WOW man, and your the reason Ags get bad reps outside of the maroon circle.

Whatever does T-Murph mean?
awh
AG
When I moved into my apartment sophomore year, the neighbor told us tkitchens used to live across the street and would put on a show by kicking footballs down the street and hitting street lights.
AggieTFA06
AG
although t-murph married a t-sipper, that t-sipper is a very nice person, and I believe that those two are great for each other. T-Murph is a great Aggie whom I would be proud to stand beside.

To 1,000,000 touchdowns...and beyond
oklacityag75
AG
Franchokecione should have been fired November 8, 2003!!! We would never be in the depths of crap our program is in at this moment.

That day was our Pearl Harbor...only problem, we have not responded and come back to a strong and vitorious team since then.
aggie50
Like many people here I have heard this before from former players. Other people can probaly confirm that when the coaching staff talked bad to someone they wanted the player to talk back. The ones that took it and didn't talk sh-- back got it worse.

[This message has been edited by aggie50 (edited 12/30/2009 6:58p).]
general ulysses
AG
we were not a good team before fran. we have not been a good team since about 1998, 2001 if you count a bowl win vs. tcu, but i dont remember anyone being happy about going to the galleryfurniture.com bowl.

if you are going to complain about not firing someone, complain that we didnt fire rc sooner.
WineberryovrGold
Thanks for all the insight TKitchens! Appreciate you posting and the work you put in for A&M.
David Davis
AG
Kitch, I am just seeing this but I think a very telling fact of the disdain of Fran by the former players is this: During the years of Fran, the most you would see at a Letterman's reunion was about 150 players total. The first Spring Coach Sherman was here, we had more than 400.
czar_iv
AG
after reading all of these stories, I hate fran even more ... BB gave him a freakin raise. A&M doesn't have a clue on how to select or hire a HC.
4L Aggie
AG
T Kitchens and Solari !
VikingNik
AG
Might as well get in on page 6. Damn.
FHUAggie
Always liked T-Murph.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.