Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

T-Murph

97,399 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cj774
Terence Kitchens
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would love to coach the kickers. I work the kicking camp each summer and enjoy it.

Also, rdrt - All the blocks weren't my fault. I'll take the blames for the ones that were, but on some, the defensive line were as close as 3 yards from me blocking it, I have photos of them. Even with those, I left with the highest percentage in history, so go run your mouth somewhere else.

CDub06
AG
Earvin Taylor with the zinger! Rip that coach!
quote:
Earvin Taylor
It isnt your fault murph. We just wanted to eat and weren't gonna let anything or anyone stop us from that. That's why I always took pride in that G-Unit (receivers group) because we continued to work in practice going full speed at all times, even if we didn't even see the ball once in a game. That's what I liked about our group and a lot of the ... See Moreguys on our team. I thought it was funny "he" would always stress the importance of keeping everything in the family and not posting things on the internet. He was doing a private newsletter the whole time....haha. Anyway I respect you putting that up and I'm glad I had you and everyone else as my teammate. GGGGUNITTT CHURCHH
Hunt Texas
POW! I was just about to post that, haha.
Verne Lundquist
AG
I was about to post that cdub
rtrd
[User banned--Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 12/29/2009 8:23p).]
arson keg
rtrd,

I doubt you'd post your real name as you talk that smack behind your computer screen. classless.
Terence Kitchens
rtrd -

What's your real name? And are you an Aggie?
DecadePlan
AG
quote:
Seriously, I don't want to comment on it here out of respect for the guys on the team and coaches. Wouldn't want it done to me.

I just doffed my cap in a moment of added respect for ya, Terrence. I'm a wee bit older than you, but son, you've got your head screwed on straight and it's good to have you in this jungle reminding us of what is honorable in our history.

Just know that some of us are fascinated by the idea of you coaching ST. Whether it's star-lust or absolute frustration at the status-quo, hopefully you take it as nothing more than a fond memory of what once was, and hopefully be again soon in our kicking game. In short, a compliment.

------

rtrd, you're two vowels short of everyone's opinion of you. Go away.
rtrd
You're guys are right. I apologize. I'll cowardly go back in my hole.

edit: self month ban

[This message has been edited by rtrd (edited 12/29/2009 7:25p).]
Terence Kitchens
Thanks Decade,

I read your posts all the time and enjoy them!

I have season tickets, work the kicking camps every summer, and I stay involved as much as I can. I love this University and the Football Team and it made me who I am today. Former players always appreciate nice words when they come their way. As you can tell, a lot of people on here like to complain, but the players like to hear the support as well.

Support Sherman and the crew. Him and Cassidy are working really hard and good things are coming our way.
tbrooksv
AG
Kitchens in the house!

One of my favorite moments at Kyle, actually. What was that like 68 yards? Just incredible.

Plus, I was in a group project with you once and know you are a great guy. I would love to have you come back and coach kickers.
Rick Deckard
AG
Good for you tkitchens! Unfortunately there are way too many rtrds on texags, and no one can do anything about it.
DecadePlan
AG
Terrence, seriously here. I've never been a fan of the Sherman hire. To be honest, I was more of an Anyone-But-Fran hire and was disappointed when it was Sherman.

And I try to not to let opinions on TexAgs skew my own opinions. But your perspective does matter more than others, cuz you've "been there" and can speak to it with some integrity. I'll definitely consider appreciating more the positive shift in a Sherman run program in my future comments about 'im on TexAgs. Still wanna see some fire in the belly, but I saw a lot of that yesterday during the interview as he was headed off the field at halftime. He was pissed. Glad to see a good man get ticked at his team.

I guess I'm trying to say thanks for the attitude adjustment. I need those from time to time.

Oh man, one of these days soon, you're gonna get Photoshopped fella. Tell me, do you already have a stache?
Terence Kitchens
Haha! Please don't.....
Sefton
quote:
Support Sherman and the crew. Him and Cassidy are working really hard and good things are coming our way.

Token
AG
rtrd pwnt
94chem
quote:
Kitchens?! 62 yarder against Southern Miss when we were no. 5 in 99? I can't honestly remember why we tried to kick it?

It was right before the half. We eventually built a 16-0 lead in that game, but USM had 2 NFL receivers, and eventually scored on a long pass play. The 2 pt PAT failed, and the final was 16-6. The Ags were in the middle of about a 3 game stretch without scoring an offensive TD, so Mr. Kitchens was the entire offense during that time.

Didn't we go to the Alamo Bowl that year? Got shutout by PSU/Courtney Brown/Lavar Arrington? Who was doing the kicking? I think we tried one FG in that game and missed it, right?

Also, why did Russell Bynum get booted? He was solid in '98, not a lot of range, but very accurate.
Geriatric Punk
AG
ibtd
Atlas
Kitchens
GeronimoAg
AG
Thanks and gig 'em Kitchens. The things that T-Murph and Taylor said only make me hate Fran the much more.
GoneGirl
AG
As an Ag, Class of 94 and 08, it brings me so much joy to see former coaches and former players around the program again. I'd always wondered why they were absent from the sidelines and never had the opportunity to speak for the school. I thought it was just "the new guy (Fran) trying to not have competition from the "good old days." I remember those games from the mid90's, when the 12th Man was so thick we had to stand sideways, and people would laugh at the kid who said "well, I've got a test, so I'll leave when we're up by 30 to go study" - and did. The former players have so much to bring to our new guys - I never understood why anyone would discourage them sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm. I'll tell you honestly, my faith is running on low here, and I've got nothing like what these kids have invested in Aggie Football. You guys are kindling hope for me, just think what you do for them. Thanks and Gig 'Em.
1876er
AG
T-murph and Earv. The more we can get those two guys involved in our program, the better we'll be in the future.

[This message has been edited by 1876er (edited 12/29/2009 8:42p).]
AAM02
AG
I appreciate the player's comments, and wish I'd known back then that the players weren't on board with Fran.

I back A&M more than any single coach or player ... I'll always back what's best for A&M ... so I wish I'd known sooner that Fran wasn't the guy for our team, but I also understand why players wouldn't talk "outside the family" too.
TennAg
When I saw that Fran had a sideline assistant who kept an eyeglass cleaning cloth in a zip lock bag at the ready, I knew we had the wrong guy.

I would have rather have seen him kick a player in the crotch than see that.

[This message has been edited by TennAg (edited 12/29/2009 9:55p).]
Digby
Thumbs up to T. Kitchens. My 25th class reunion was in 1999 when the bonfire collapsed. Lots of people left flowers and other items around the perimeter fence in memory of those who died.

I remember seeing two things in particular--a football laying on the ground next to the fence with the Notre Dame insignia and signed by the head coach (Davie), and a pair of football shoes hanging on the fence signed by Terrance Kitchens.
FtBendTxAg
AG
T-Kitchens
hammer11
Fran did it to two teams A&M and bama.

No wonder J Jolly calls out his High School on national tv.
Snowball
AG
The one before that one on T-murphs page is better. "It's easy to sit on the couch and judge A&M football when 99% of the people hating have never played a snap of football past 7th grade C team. Or couldn't even make the 6th grade fun day dodge ball team. Give me a break everyone, unless you are on the field taking shots to the head, be quiet because you have not earned your place at the table."
FtBendTxAg
AG
Hopefully he wasnt talking about the former students that pay an average of 85 dollars and a donation for each game...

But yes, I agree somewhat. Especially about people like 5'4 Tony Kornhesier and other media loser, who YOU KNOW never played a single minute of an organized sport, yet still criticize athletes as their job.
agkyle03
AG
Wow, the ban hammer came down on that f'n rtrd finally...

Love to hear someone with actual knowledge trying to calm the mob. I remember seeing you kick Kitchens. Cool of you to come on here and speak some truth.
gigem2011
I remember a story from another player that had been recruited by Slocum and then was around for Fran. During the season this player's mother was very sick and was on her death bed and this player wanted to go see here before she passed away.

Fran told him that if he missed practice to go see her he would never play for him again. The player went to see her before she passed away and sure enough, he never played again despite being a very talented player.

Fran's players hated him all the way through. Everyone thought he had such great support when the team showed up at his press conference in the middle of his last season. What people don't realize is that McGee and Kirk Elder and others on the leadership council called everyone on the team and told them they had a mandatory team meeting.

When they showed up for this "team meeting" they were told to go into the press conference. 95% of the players that showed up to "support" Fran couldn't wait for him to be gone and would not have shown up to support him if they had known that's what they were showing up for.

Good to see some of these guys speaking up about it now. Wish it would have happened sooner though. But that's the problem, when guys like James at tech do it they get called whiny babies and people say oh it was just because he isn't playing or this or that. When the reality is the guy is a *****, beyond what a normal coach is. It's not motivating your players, it's being a jacka$$
DecadePlan
AG
Y'all do realize that Staff didn't ban rtrd...he self-banned. Time will tell if he follows through.
nactownag
AG
quote:
Y'all do realize that Staff didn't ban rtrd...he self-banned. Time will tell if he follows through.

Look a little further up.
Sher Thing
AG
Maybe this explains why many aggie NFL players choose to represent their high school over college.
DecadePlan
AG
Oh hell nactown, now you want ME to pay attention to the thread too???

(grin...NOW I see it)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.