Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Muschamp thread got me thinking...

6,107 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by StringerBell
seanp39
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With all the sip hysteria about Muschamp, I wonder if their big donors might make overtures to nudge Mack out to usher in the new era. I could see Mack being pissed and he aint hurting for $ so perhaps out of bitterness and to avenge his treatment he might take one of those $1 a year salaries to come to A & M which would address our financial constraints.

Think about it, the situation has some similarities to the Bret Favre/Aaron Rodgers deal in Green Bay. The Packers hoped it would end peacefully and Favre would just go away but he came back to F with them. As much as I've disliked Mack Brown in the past, he is a competitive SOB and he isn't going to appreciate being pushed out. It's like Rocky V, the young upstart always gets too big headed and ends up needing a beatdown by his teacher.

As a bonus, Mack could bring some of those recruits right over with him and maybe even receive some transfers over from tu of the kids he has good relationships with. For instance, that Aaron Williams DB is a true sophomore so he could use his redshirt year as a transfer year and still have 2 years to play. Nothing would make me F'ing happier than shutting up my sip friends by taking some of their young players they go on and on about.

I know some will disregard this idea but if you really think about it, it isn't that far fetched. It makes a hell of a lot more sense than somehow coming up with 5 million a year for Muschamp and could get us fast tracked back to the top.
alincoln1
I think that's too far out of the realm of possibility....I believe Brown is the next AD at Texas if he wants the job....Plus he's been called "yellow teeth " so many times on this board he would probably tell ATM to go F themselves
âne rouge
OP is taking crazy pills
jkctax
put the aggie crackpipe away.

[This message has been edited by jkctax (edited 11/15/2009 7:21a).]
BarnacleScraper
AG
I think Muschamp is probably a decent coordinator but being a head coach requires more than chest bumps and YouTube videos dropping the f bomb.

If you want A&M to return its days of glory then I suggest we get a defensive minded coach. We haven't won championships because we haven't fielded a marginally competitive defense since RC left.

I would say A&M has looked timid and even afraid to be successful since 2002. No bare cupboard excuses as I witnessed last night at the TCU game what a bunch of "bare cupboard guys" can do with proper coaching. A&M has lost any semblance of a winning attitude.

So how do you fix that? Jackie Sherrill knows.
Ishmael-Ag
AG
1. Steal Patterson from TCU. Defensive problems solved overnight. Retain this O with the new and improved linemen about to step on campus.

2. Sherman must volunteer to step down with little to no compensation. He's an honest guy but we have once again set someone up for life prior to proof of performance.

3. Since 1. and 2. are pipe dreams, just continue to pick and choose what games you will attend and enjoy the youngsters doing their best. They are boys out of H.S. trying to compete with men.

4. BTHO of Baylor. See ya there.
KRamp96
quote:
A&M has lost any semblance of a winning attitude.

Yep.

Have you guys watched TCU's offense? Patterson needs to bring his whole staff with him here.
Lubbock Horn
Let me get this straight:

1.The University runs off the coach who has won more college football games than any other since his hire;

2. Coach Mack goes to UT's arch rival after your fans have criticized everything from his intelligence to his hand-clapping and dental work;

3. In your mind, this is NOT far-fetched.

I love Texags. Y'all are better than cable TV.

Hook 'em.
sugarAg75
If the Op isn't a troll, he needs to excuse himself and throw his computer in the trash.

That or shoot himself in the head and quit making the rest of us look bad.
seanp39
I like visiting this site but God forbid someone have an original, out of the box thought. Look, we have to face a couple realities:

1. We are financially strapped
2. Something (or more specifically SOMEONE) significant needs to turn the tide of our program
3. It is very difficult to reconcile points 1 and 2.
4. TU is sitting on the verge of a coup/power grab and we may be the beneficiaries by taking the outcast, potentially at a significant discount.

Not saying this will happen, but it is a potential solution to our problems
agent-maroon
AG
OP shouldn't be drinking/smoking/shooting up this early on a Sunday morning...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LtZogg
I'm sorry, that's just silly.
agent-maroon
AG
And if ol butter toof is going to take a $1 job anywhere, which he isn't, then the last place he is going to work is at a project same conference bottom dweller rival school 100 miles away.

This thread is one of the stoopidist things I've ever read on TexAgs and that's saying something...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dad
AG
I think the people in charge at Texas understand the Mack Brown and his recruiting abilities are the reason Texas has been so successful for the last decade.

A more realistic scenario is for them to start giving Muschamp head coach pay (maybe double what he makes now) and keeping Mack Brown around as the head coach so that he keeps the talent level loaded.
USMChorn
ATM9000
AG
Mack's succeeding Dodds as AD at some point... probably not long from now. That isn't a 'thought' that's a dream.

[This message has been edited by ATM9000 (edited 11/15/2009 9:33a).]
grapedrink
Macks not a ******

hook em'

[This message has been edited by grapedrink (edited 11/15/2009 9:35a).]
StringerBell
AG
this thread is so remarkably retarded, that i dont even know what to say.

i just want to get on the record when this inevitably gets posted on orangebloods and hornfans and say that the original thought is preposterous, ludicrous, inane, and delicatessen.

no texas boosters are looking to oust mack, one of the winningest coaches in all of college football for a 39 year old DC who hasnt been a HC yet.

you, my friend, are a moron.
StringerBell
AG
this thread is so remarkably retarded, that i dont even know what to say.

i just want to get on the record when this inevitably gets posted on orangebloods and hornfans and say that the original thought is preposterous, ludicrous, inane, and delicatessen.

no texas boosters are looking to oust mack, one of the winningest coaches in all of college football for a 39 year old DC who hasnt been a HC yet.

you, my friend, are a moron.
agent-maroon
AG
Thank you, StringerBell - this NEEDED to be said twice
stestro
and if Mack politely declines (after strong consideration of course) there probably should be a phone call made to Darrell Royal.
Noz
Texas A&M is Gary Patterson's dream job. He's said it several times before this year. we are the Jones's.
BaronVonAggie
AG
Patterson is a sweaty little goofball. I dont care if he wins at TCU or not he is not Aggie material.
He is the next Hawkins anyway. Stuck in a recruiting hotbed in a mediocre conference. He will fall flat on his face in a big time BCS conference.

[This message has been edited by BaronVonAggie (edited 11/15/2009 11:28a).]
Bob in Houston
Remarkable OP.

Let me see if I have this right.

Mack Brown would walk away from the best job he's ever had, probably the best in CFB, to coach the Aggies... for free... because of a temper tantrum?

That's a good one.
StringerBell
AG
quote:
Texas A&M is Gary Patterson's dream job. He's said it several times before this year. we are the Jones's.

please find me a quote stating this, otherwise i call bull****.

quote:
Patterson is a sweaty little goofball. I dont care if he wins at TCU or not he is not Aggie material.

awesome. a coach that is #4 in the country and has the #2/#3 ranked defense is not aggie material.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.