Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Billy Liucci

27,936 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by runontexas
Dawg-97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lucci actually lived underneath my aptm in college. I dont remember what players he lived with back in 98. But I do remember coming home a few times from partying and Dan Campbell and Rich Coady would be over.

Lucci actually tried to get in a fight with some people we were with after a night at JD Wells...

The good Ole days!!!
ag_eet
AG
ID is Industrial Distribution. Sales/Management not engineering.
Frisco - Ag
AG
So he is a jock sniffer?
12aggie12
Did Liucci and Brittney Spears ever had there date yet?
Ragoo
AG
Wednesday night chat is the best imo. Grab a beer and talk nonstop football.
Signel
AG
I remember lucci hanging out with Steve and Dan.. That apartment was over at Treehouse Village right?

I remember watching some of them play command and conquer on the computer..

small world.
GiveUsRoom
The traditional slide down from engineering was:

IE
ET
IT
ID

We used to call them:

Imaginary Engineering
Easy Trucking
I Tried
I Didn't
ags97jv
I am waiting for Billy to tell us how close we were to getting Adrian Peterson and Tommie Harris....that is what led me to cancel my subscription...the constant "how close we were" comments.
Dawg-97
AG
Actually the aptmt complex was Plantation Oaks over by the mall.
nickel
K + K = Greatness

Liucci = Legend
BBRex
AG
At least Lucci had enough sense to get into the Internet biz at the right time. I've heard rumors of a publication called Aggieland Bench Press that some dude had going. Apparently he printed just enough copies to get a press pass to football games back when an Internet site couldn't get you a press pass. Lucci at least has a legit business.
MWR Admin
S
Doug Walker never owned the MWR, he was the sole writer.
Billy bought MWR in Dec 1999. Prior to that, Billy wrote for Ags Illustrated while he was in College and had a weekly column called
"Recruiting Rumors". Then he went on to contract for Rivals and then AgTimes. After that, he decided to take his product to TexAgs but only on a contract basis, etc. In Oct 08, he joined forces with TexAgs and then ESPN. As they say, the rest is history.
rhutton125
AG
The summer practice updates were all very insightful and impressive. Definitely my favorite part of the service.

I'm saving my monies for now.. but soon.. soon I will return, I'm sure.

Gabe - what goes on with the M&W when baseball ends but football hasn't started yet?

Thanks in advance
Greenlander
AG
It's a great service.
EVA3
AG
quote:
You want the truth about A&M football, listen to Louie B. If you want the the upside all the time, then Luicci is your man.

I disagree. I concede that Looch is generally optimistic, but I think he's pretty objective. I like Louie, but I think he is way too negative. He wants to act like he's paid his dues...seeing all these dismal times...but he doesn't remember what it was like when you went 6-4 and kept it close with t.u. and thought it was a pretty decent season. Also, his view is a bit different because he didn't know A&M before the good times, i.e. before Jackie Sherrill.

For instance: He thought the loss to Arkansas this year was the latest in a long line of crushing disappointments, when IMO, it was a disappointing reminder that we are not where we are going yet, but we're going in the right direction.

All of the following were more legitimately called "crushing disappointments (for various reasons):" Arkansas 1975, Texas 1990, Tulsa 1991, Florida State 1991, Notre Dame (Cotton Bowl 1993), Oklahoma 1993, Notre Dame (Cotton Bowl 1994), SMU 1994 (tie), Colorado 1995, Texas Tech 1995, Texas 1995, Texas 1998, Penn State (Cotton Bowl 1999), Notre Dame 2000, Mississippi State (Independence Bowl 2000), Texas Tech 2002, Texas Tech 2003, Oklahoma 2003, Baylor 2004, Texas Tech 2004, Tennessee 2004, Oklahoma 2006, Cal (Holiday Bowl 2006), Miami 2007. Arkansas State 2008, Baylor 2008.
Gabe Bock
AG
quote:
Gabe - what goes on with the M&W when baseball ends but football hasn't started yet?

RHutton...good question. Actually, a lot. Most of what we do during the summer "off period" centers around recruiting. We will hit up a whole bunch of SQTs (7-on-7 state qualifying tournaments), identifying potential breakout prospects in the younger classes. We'll also find some seniors as well...the 7-on-7 season is when we found out that Elisha Olabode (CB from Cedar Hill) is due for a breakout season as a senior...and now he may wind up being an Aggie.

Of course, we all use that time for vacation but NEVER at the same time. Basically, if Liucci goes out of town, I'll be here monitoring things and putting out content. If I'm out, Liucci stays around. Obviously, there is a little less content during the summer but we think outside the box to find ways to keep everyone entertained.

It's worth it to hang around year-round because we still break news during the summer and that's when there is a lot of time to do some unique reporting on a wide variety of topics. I think some of the best stuff we do happens during the summer...with recruiting stuff, Hoops Elite Camps, A&M Football camps, etc.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks.
Butt Baby Ag
Been lurker for a while. Have been researching the history of TexAgs to get an idea of what I am in for. Found this pretty cool!
The Collective
AG
Odd bump is odd
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Odd bump is odd
Well, his/her /its name is "Butt Baby Ag", so...
Motel California
S
As I've said before. As much as some of you use the site. Just subscribe for a month, once a year as a donation. Support the site that you use and love so much
Ridge14
quote:
As I've said before. As much as some of you use the site. Just subscribe for a month, once a year as a donation. Support the site that you use and love so much
No stars for this post

Vote it down boys
STX Ag
AG
quote:

Buy a sponsor ad, jeez.
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:

Buy a sponsor ad, jeez.
You spend $3 a month and have done so for awhile. Your work is done.
Ridge14
quote:
quote:
quote:

Buy a sponsor ad, jeez.
You spend $3 a month and have done so for awhile. Your work is done.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Look who's afraid of getting banned.
runontexas
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.