Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bottlecap Alley

4,778 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by Fleen
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did Bottlecap Alley die when drinking on the promenade in Northgate was banned? It's something that seemed to be famous for 'older' Ags but it something that is rarely mentioned of now days.

I've never seen the alley in it's hay day, but it sounds like it was a really cool deal with just layers and layers of caps. Originally, was it people/students that would throw caps out there, or was it the bars?

Any cool Bottlecap Alley stories?

(posted on the football board because football fans like to drink beer.....and beer has bottlecaps)
Visor Guy
AG
It is still around, still receiving bottle cap donations and could use some more fresh caps!
whoopy
AG
i was conceived in bottle cap alley...
Saint Arnold
AG
I keep my caps in a bucket at home and ceremoniously dump them in the alley a few times a year.

I think that's still where the CT fish get the stuff to make their spurs?
Kfire723
The Chicken used to dump their nightly collection in the alley. Don't know about now adays.
Slicer97
AG
Ol' Army Northgate died the day that put that stupid f'n sign over Bottle Cap Alley, as if the alley covered with bottle caps didn't f'n give it away

that and when the mudlot went away...

Aggie Man
I love bottlecap alley.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I agree with Slicer97, true NG died when they Disney-fied it.
GeorgiAg
AG
quote:
I love bottlecap alley.

You clearly lead an exciting life.
Bankeraggie
AG
A child conceived in bottlecap alley is destined to be a great Aggie, no doubt.
cena05
AG
There is a facebook group that is dedicated to saving bottle caps and has buckets at most northgate bars to collect caps and add on to the alley.
Worm01
AG
Worng, Bottlecap Alley died when they added lights. It was a great place to avoid the bathroom lines.
BBYD09
AG
pretty sure the chicken still dumps its caps every night
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
I woke up one Sunday morning in Bottlecap Alley and I knew something bad had happened the night before. My ribs were bruised, one of them may have been cracked, and my left shoulder was dislocated. My right eye was swollen shut and I am pretty sure there was jizz in my hair.
AggietiliDIE
AG
bottle cap alley died when college station implemented the stupid rule of no taking beer outside!!!

[This message has been edited by AggietiliDIE (edited 10/7/2009 1:01p).]
BBYD09
AG
quote:
northgate died when you got implemented the stupid rule of no taking beer outside!!!

FIFY
CoastGuardAg00
quote:
Ol' Army Northgate died the day that put that stupid f'n sign over Bottle Cap Alley

THIS!
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I dumped many many boxes of bottlecaps into that alley.

I also busted a few people in the alley who were trying to steal pitchers.

I have mixed emotions about the "Bottle Cap Alley" sign. I like the recognition, but don't like the "Disneyfication"
terata
AG
quote:
I agree with Slicer97, true NG died when they Disney-fied it

Since NG has become gentrified, way too much for some of us, then why don't we (those who are truly interested) get a small cartel together and buy the f'ing place and unf'ck it.
t - cam
AG
Classic resistence in this thread. Just like the rest of A&M things change. Not sure why every old Ag gets upset by this fact.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
The Chicken still dumps all of their bottle caps in the alley, but they dont sell near as many bottles as they used to. I dont think more than a couple other bars dump theirs in bottlecap alley anymore, I dont know if they just dont care or figure its not worth the effort of saving the caps.

Doesnt help that every year a bunch of corps guys sit out there and pick out any bottle caps that arent disgusting. The place always looks even worse after they are done.
jswags
AG
Why would you pick anything out of bottle cap alley? I don't know how many people I've seen urinating or vomiting there.
whiskey in the jar
There is a group of students that has started to bring back bottlecap alley. They have given big buckets to participating bars for the bartenders to throw the bottle caps in. The students come by once a week and collect the caps and deposit them in bottlecap alley.
raucherman
AG
I got an Indecent Exposure for urinating in public in Bottlecap Alley so I think that's when it died.
txaggie02
AG
I have my own bottle cap alley at my house.
Fleen
Im with Slicer97...

Fleen97

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.