Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Jolly dance against OU

9,515 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Quincey P. Morris
coconutED
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
My favorite state about that game can be found in the scores of the games prior to it and after it.

I too am confused about this. A quick glance at that year's record reveals that the week before the OU game, we beat Kansas at home 45-33, and the week after, we lost at Mizzu 22-45. What is significant about that?
james_austintx
Before the play Stoops was telling him to FALL DOWN......

Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
A quick glance at that year's record reveals that the week before the OU game, we beat Kansas at home 45-33, and the week after, we lost at Mizzu 22-45. What is significant about that?

We gave up 78 in those two games combined, which is close to 77? That is my only guess...
MW_111
I take no pleasure in this debacle, but I think that you can see the pan to Stoops yelling fall down towards the end of this clip.

Maybe one of our Texas friends will watch it and supply the exact minute/second marker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IB_R3AoHGo&feature=related
Deuce Ag
Nope.
duke75
Screw little bobby stoops!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Jolly dances his way to the bank every week!
StringerBell
AG
awful awful game.

watched the first half...i think it was 49-0 at the end. that's when i stopped watching.
t - cam
AG
quote:
care to elaborate, t-cam?

I meant the OU games the year before and the year after.

We beat them the year before 30-26 and lost an epic the year after 42-35. The 77-0 game was a real aborition at the time.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:

They were fish... made big plays on a goal line stand. They are two of the few Aggie NFL standouts because they play with passion.

They were fish who made a massive mistake. It's old so no sense in giving them grief over it, but the RB stopped behind the freaking line. They drove all the way down the field and then handed us the ball. It would have been less of an embarrassment if they had just gone ahead and scored. Running it down the field and then stopping because we couldn't stop them made our guys look unbelievably pathetic.

And yes, Stoops and Fran agreed to let the clock run, though I thought it was only the fourth quarter, not the entire second half.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.