Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Off season humor 84-88

11,198 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Dad-O-Lot
Boomsy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What ever happened to that old guy that use to run around campus in those short shorts and tell dirty jokes...Bart? maybe..also hung out at the Chicken...

Also how about that drunk guy that played pool in the Chicken...Woody...you remember Woody...the older guy that pissed his pants all the time..
Buford T. Justice
AG
you can still find the running man at the corner of G. Bush and Wellborn any Friday at 5p.m. of a home football weekend. Spitting in is hands and getting ready to hang on the pole.

Bajan
AG
Superman dat...!
Boomsy
AG
Still?...I remember that..lol
Bock for Breakfast
AG
You guys do know that is John David Crow's nephew, right?
Boomsy
AG
get out...no way
Bock for Breakfast
AG
No joke at all.

There was an article written about it back when I was a junior or senior in high school. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I got to school. Good bull though.
BusterAg
AG
Get out!

Bart is JDC's nephew!

Did you know he is also a terrible basketball ref?

True story: When I was an undergrad, I started calling BB games. When I started, they stuck me with Bart, who calls 7th and 8th grade games.

A man came by after the game, when I was talking to Bart, and he says something like:

"I remember when I came through this school and you were the ref. Now my daughter plays here, and you are still calling games. You were just as bad back then as you are now!"
IMnAg79
AG
I remember Woody being in the Chicken between 76-80..Used to bring an older gentleman with him (grandfather?) that just sat there and watched him play..Always wondered what might have happened to him..
Angry Beaver
AG
I remember a few years ago Bart got in trouble for telling dirty jokes to the girls around campus. There were also accusations of him being a big pervert....

I have no clue why so many people (especially these dumb college girls) go up to him and hug him and take pictures with him. Little do they know what Bart just did with his hands, lol!

I TexAgs.
agkyle03
AG
For anyone born >1970

Who has seen the guy at P-tars that would sit at the bar and then go into the bathroom and strip naked before making a round in the bar and then leaving??
milner79
Woody played a lot of pool and got in fights and routinely got his @$$ kicked. The old man was his father, stayed there to try to keep Woody out of trouble and drive him home to Snook at "Goodnight Irene" time.
Pizza the Hut
AG
Bart once told a guy that played on my intramural team that he was "hornier than a three-balled tomcat."
84HartAg
AG
I will double check this story and post again, but within the last few years, the "Where is Woody now" topic came up when some of my Aggie buds got together.
Someone that stayed close to B/CS after graduation found out that Woody had won the Lottery, maybe not a big amount, or split several ways or something. Blew it all in no-time.
I will ask around and get refreshed on the scoop.
He always played on the 1st table on the right, next to the men's pisser. I remember Woody never hit the cue ball soft, came from downtown every time. Balls left the table on a regular basis. He or the old man always sat in the barber chair.
He did win a lot of pool before he got too far into the beer.

I remember the perv that jogged too. Blue satin short shorts. Just kind of made you go
"eeeeewwwwwwww" when you saw him.
MD 72
When I was at A&M, I rememeber a Poly Sci Prof. Blue Book Benton who used to jog in shorts all over campus even in the cold of winter. He was fairly skinny and had a really red face (probably from all the gin he drank). He was one everyone said to avoid as a Prof. I wished I had listened. It was the only "B" I received in Polu Sci, all the rest were "A"'s
aggiejustin33
That is crazy. I had some girls tell me he is a big perv!
KingAgWhami
AG
Does that 50 year old creepy guy that wears leisure suits and tries to hit on chicks by making them balloon animals still hang out around Northgate?

He provided many hours of entertainment for me while I was down there.

mrad85
AG
That's so funny.

My wife and I were on campus a few weekends ago and saw "running man" getting ready to run at Southgate. She asked me if I remembered him from our days '81-'85, which I didn't. But she remembered him and those silky shorts. SHe told me how much of a perv he was.

WOW
RAB889094
AG
My wife ('90) & I remember that pervy old dude. He always had a pitcher to fill-up girls' cups at the Chicken.

What's sad is that if most of the posters on this board were to hang-out at the Chicken these days we'd be accused of being old pervs ourselves...

James '88, '90 & '94
JTAG90
AG
You got that right....sadly
w h seele
AG
I don't remember Blue Book jogging on campus but I sure do remember Ivy League Taylor doing so.

Benton--look in the dictionary under boring and his name would have been there.

powerbiscuit
I used to see woody quite a bit from 85 - 90. I wonder what ever happened to him once in a while.

I also remember the old dude with the shirts that always said something like "25,235 miles run" or something like that...

I always wondered why his gut was so big if he ran that much. Maybe he needed to run a little faster.
hammer11
You are correct the old man was Woody's father. Woody lived in Snook and his birthday was the same as Elvis Pressley and he was very proud of that.

Came from way back on the cue ball strike and usually scratched off the table on the break.

Woody was a little throwed off cause he got run over by a pick up truck when he was kid.
pfreakingk
AG
Who was the short old guy at the Chicken, grey hair, creepy smile, pitcher, used to stand by a high traffic area and just hang out smiling at people? Was that blue shorts guy? Time frame was 83-87.

One creepy dude.
Gig me
AG
Ok I used to work in the weightroom at the Rec center from 2002-2005 and there used to be this guy that I called "King D" come in around 11:30pm before we closed. He must have been in his mid to late 50's with white hair. Well needless to say it didnt look like he was getting his doctorate or anything. He had a huge beergut and hardly any teeth. Well for some reason he always wanted to talk to me when I was working so that was good times. But he used to go on about how he had this 3 bedroom house and he rented out the 2 other rooms to two college chics, of which he would come home and they would always be naked and having "fun" with each other according to him. This guy was a real piece of work, he would also routinly stare and attempt to hit on girls while in the weightroom.
dag07
AG
can anyone confirm how long Old Army Al has been around?

(The old guy with the cane that hangs around the quad and the MSC)
MLK_87
I never knew he had a name! I thought it was just "jogging shorts guy" and that he was on the 20-year plan. I also had no idea he was related to JDC. Memries...
Boomsy
AG
The reason why I started this post was ...I went into a liquor store last night and they had beer nuts for sale....I had never seen that before///But Bart told a joke all the time///Whats the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts? Deer Nuts are just under a buck...lol
84HartAg
AG
So you hung out with Bart, enough to hear him tell that joke, multiple times? Eeeeewwwww!
AggieSouth06
Yeah that Bart guy is a creepy old b*stard. I wouldn't advise stopping by for a pleasant conversation if you are of the female persuasion.

That said, he doesn't exactly have all his ducks in a row, so you can't really make fun of the guy too much.
HHAG
AG
I drove Woody home one night after he had the **** beat out of him and his dad wasn't there. An old mobile home off of hwy 50 outside of Snook.

What a weird *******.
CDub06
AG
Superman that Pole!
CDub06
AG
I remember hearing a few years back that Bart is the oldest BBall ref in the state.
Angry Beaver
AG
quote:
But Bart told a joke all the time///Whats the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts? Deer Nuts are just under a buck...

That's where I heard that damn joke!!! That Bart sure is something else...

I TexAgs.
AgDotCom
I too drove Woody home to Snook one night circa 1982. I think his last name was Schoeneman. However I took him to an actual house, not a mobile home. It was his parent's house.

Before I go further bear in mind I've lived in B/CS 42 out of my 49 years...many nights spent at The Chicken....so he got to where he recognized me.

Anyway, we went out Highway 60 past the 4-way intersection with Hwy. 50 (Clay, Independence) and he told me to take a right down this dirt road that went through a milo field. The fields had recently been plowed, nice orderly dirt rows. All of a sudden he shouted "turn right now!!!!!" I said "Damn, man...through the field? Is this your field"? He shouted back affirmatively and the repeated his order to turn into the field. Figuring I was almost lost now and I'd never get out of there, I did as he said. Ran my truck through those dirt rows doing about 30mph...it was pitch black but as I crossed each row I could see thousands of "seedlings" about 6 inches high just starting to sprout between the rows. Tore the place up but what the hell...the guy was going postal.

Anyway, after about 2 minutes I start to see lights through a house window. He instructs me to pull right up to the front door. Decent size house, about 2,000 sq. feet., wood siding, older, on pier and beam foundation. Big porch outside.

We walk in (about 1am) and his mom comes in the living room to see what's going on. Turns out she and I recognize each other from Sbisa...she worked there. Then she thanks me abruptly for driving him home and then tears into him for being drunk. Woody shouts back that he wants her to cook him and me some sausage. "I want some sausage! I want some sausage!" he shouts several times. She yells back in typical German frugality "Do you know how much sausage costs these days!?!?!".

I figured it was time to leave and I politely excused myself. By the way I never saw his dad that night, at the Chicken or at home even though he was definitely still alive then. The only problem with leaving was once I got outside I couldn't figure out how to get out of there. It was either retrace my tracks through the field or take the driveway which led to somewhere I didn't know. I took the driveway and ended up on FM 50...so I was good to go.

-------

Another story, early 1980's. Sometimes I would spend New Years Eve in Snook at a small beer joint called Cecil and Maxine's. Cecil, about 60-65 years old at this time, fertilized cotton and grain fields during the day, ran a beer joint at night.

This particular New Years Eve, Woody was there with his dad. On NYE, Cecil always proclaimed that would be the only evening he wouldn't work the bar and you had to serve yourself. You were to walk behind the bar, get your beer out of the cooler, serve yourself, and put your money in the jar (honor system). I had been blasted on a couple of NYE's there, along with most all the other customers who were typically farmers over 50 years old, with a odd exception like me now and then who was in his mid 20's. Hey, I liked the place...it was different, and I liked bs'ing with the farmers.

Woody is ripped pretty good this evening also.

About midnight Woody gets into an argument with Cecil. Woody says it's midnight "right now" and tells Cecil he needs to play Auld Lang Syne on the jukebox. Cecil says it's not midnight yet. Woody is persistent and starts escalating the argument. Next thing I know, in my drunken stupor I see a dozen drunk old men heading out the front door. I go outside and there in the middle of Main Street is Cecil laying on top of Woody, his Phillips 66 Fertilizer shirt with "Cecil" on the name patch, wrinkled and bunched up with shirt tail hanging out. Oh, and a bunch of drunk farmers standing around them in a circle, not saying anything...just silence all around. At this time I had an epiphany, my intoxicated mind cleared for about 10 seconds, and I just shook my head and said to myself "What the hell did you do to arrive at this intersection of time and space"?

No punches were thrown. Cecil just laid on top of him and finally broke the silence with "It's not midnight yet, dammit. Do you get it now?".

[This message has been edited by AgDotCom (edited 1/25/2008 7:35p).]
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.