Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

12th man perspective from the players

7,959 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by aggiephoenix02
treblock77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i talked to a couple of the players and they said this year we havent been nearly as loud at games and that they can tell a big difference. They said last year at the tech game at some points they could literally not hear themselves when they were talking to the people next to them.....lets step it up for tu and next year starting next week

" He's not a hard man to track, he leaves dead men where ever he goes."
Smoothie
They've mailed it in all year. Unbelievable.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
It's definitely been a down year for the 12th Man (especially in 2nd deck)

[This message has been edited by Nonregdrummer09 (edited 11/17/2007 12:19p).]
fido98
Some reason to get loud from the players might be nice.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
12th Man always shows up whether we are 1-9 or 9-1, if we only show up because we are winning then we are no better than the sips and their fair-weather fans.

I show up every game and I stay from beginning to end including the 2005 Iowa State game and this years Kansas game when so many left early.
Gil Renard
AG
It will be crazy. Knowledged fans know we have a good shot at beating them.
Smoothie
quote:
Knowledged fans
RoyIII_Ag08
AG
The 12th Man isn't supposed to be a conditional obligation. We shoulde give it our all, bringing the noise and make it as hard as possible on our opponent. Unfortunately, New Army thinks the team has to earn our support by performing.
Bottlerocket
AG
^
|
|

Roylll-Ag pretty much nailed it.
TexAggie1987
At times the only noise I hear from the Zone and the Former Student's side is booing. The student side seems to have remained pretty loud throughout the season.
txagman1998
AG
Considering all the negativity that Frannie has brought to this program, especially this season, I'm not surprised the 12th Man is not as loud as in the past. I've seen multiple games this year where it looks like we didn't show up or just shut it down once we fell behind (Miami, Tech, OU, etc). Why should the 12th Man be any different? Kind of hard for the 12th Man to be on their "A" game when it looks like Frannie packed in it for the season after Tech.
Tex117
AG
Awesome! Lets blame the Fans.

Crap...it is all out fault.
RoyIII_Ag08
AG
^

The only things the fans are getting "blamed" for is not being as loud, and, yes, that is our fault.
Xcal97
quote:
The 12th Man isn't supposed to be a conditional obligation. We shoulde give it our all, bringing the noise and make it as hard as possible on our opponent. Unfortunately, New Army thinks the team has to earn our support by performing.

I think it has more to do with when the crowd finally has a reason to really get riled up we go and do something stupid.

For example... Defense lines up on 3rd and 15 after two straight tackles for losses in a critical juncture of the game, crowd yelling at full throat, and the defense gives up a 15 yard seam route or someone sitting in the zone. That deflates EVERYONE in the stadium.

New army *****ing is an excuse. And a bad excuse at that

[This message has been edited by Xcal97 (edited 11/17/2007 1:03p).]

[This message has been edited by Xcal97 (edited 11/17/2007 1:10p).]
texaggie2009
Montana State- Not a bad showing for an uninspired win over a scrub team.
Fresno State- Horribly coached/played game combined with rediculous scheduling so we could be on some **** network= a lot of sick 12th men.
ULM- See Montana State
Baylor- 11am + the sickening realization about how bad we really were after Miami= weak showing.
Kansas- Loud the first half, second half the team punched out and so did the fans.
Caz
AG
quote:

you're a loser. the team has to give us a reason to yell at some point during the season.
buzzardb267
AG
A Roylll thumbs up! I can't believe what I read here sometimes. My fish and p***head years, we won 3 games, in two years! Kyle should have sounded like a Church, or an Phi. Eagles game.
buzzardb267
AG
How do some people get Tags? Apparently sips in Maroon shirts. I guess the old man made them go to A&M!
SOA 97
Maybe they should focus less on the crowd noise and more on the tackling
davyedoc
Maybe 2% is now 10%...

I'll admit, I went to football games when the Aggies won. I've never seen a game a Kyle field that we didn't pull off, even if there were only 0:12 left to go... So loud wasn't an option. What I can say, is that my living room is still loud.

For treblock... if your player connections are good - tell the boys to ask for help out there. Raise their hands, make some hits, get into the game... It can't all rest on McGee/Lane/Woodson to get the crowd into it!!!
Gil Renard
AG
smoothy, easily amused.
Palooza11
AG
players need to hush about the 12th man. we have gone through enough bull crap already. maybe they should make plays and perform well (not necessarily win), and then people will show up. its unbelievable how they expect huge crowds with the ****ti performance this year.
treblock77
davey...that is exactly what i did...i told him that when they raise their hands and try to pump us up that it works and more people notice that they arent yelling or that they can be yelling louder

Sugarwater
Haven't we had over 30k students to several games? Yep. That is the largest turnout in the history of the 12th Man. I am not a student (far too old for that) but they haven't been nearly as bad as some are saying.
BD88
AG
I bet the players talk about the 12th Man when they are practicing privately in their indoor practice facility. Couldn't do it in front of 83K+ fans during games.
Yesterday
AG
I don't know about ya'll, but I love yelling over and over again while offenses run over and torch our defense time and time again. I don't think I can take 3 to 4 long 3rd down conversions every drive much longer, and thankfully I won't.
Frok
AG
A good defense always helps keep the crowd loud. I lose my voice in the second half because the defense is on the field the whole game.

Gil Renard
AG
^^^^^

I think they sit down when they pee cause I have never seen so many public rabbits on a team this season. We all thought we had better mental toughness this year. players *****in instead of performing.

Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
It is pretty sad that the 12th man needs motivation to get loud. That is the same excuse Texas fans give for being deflated in their home losses. I guess we are becoming just another state university.
treblock77
and to the above post about student and new army turnout.......baylor game was at 1130am in the dead heat and we set the attendance record for baylor....we may be new army but our attendance is better this year than the previous few.....if anything im dissapointed in the old ag side...my dad says yall are pretty quiet over there most of the time

Palooza11
AG
im not going to cheer when we are down by 30 points. i want to show my discontent, so i wont cheer. instead of criticizing the 12th man why dont u ol ag sections start maning up and do your part, instead of sitting there in the shade.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
I am cheerin' and yellin' at the local watering hole. Most of us young Alum cannot afford to travel and pay for season tickets. I miss the ol' student days, where we were so loud, other teams jumped offsides constantly. Gig-Em and bring back the 90's!
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
Montana State- Not a bad showing for an uninspired win over a scrub team.
Fresno State- Horribly coached/played game combined with rediculous scheduling so we could be on some **** network= a lot of sick 12th men.
ULM- See Montana State
Baylor- 11am + the sickening realization about how bad we really were after Miami= weak showing.
Kansas- Loud the first half, second half the team punched out and so did the fans.

That pretty well sums it up, except Ok St.

[This message has been edited by aggie_2001_2005 (edited 11/17/2007 3:13p).]
maestro1
AG
you all can blame me. i was at the tech game last year but i didn't go to any home games this year. obviously i am a difference maker.
mazag08
AG
quote:
im not going to cheer when we are down by 30 points. i want to show my discontent, so i wont cheer. instead of criticizing the 12th man why dont u ol ag sections start maning up and do your part, instead of sitting there in the shade.

you are what is wrong with this school. please transfer to t.u. we dont need attitudes like this taking up space in our stadium.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.