Combat Dealers

1,163 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jabin
Alpine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you get a chance watch this show. It's Iike American Pickers but just military equipment. Just watched an episode where the guy bought a Panther tank. The whole episode was him trying to determine the history of the tank, find parts, and determine how it was disabled during the war. Most interesting was that he found an intact engine that some guy just happened to have in his garage. It's amazing what is available. Also he fired an a bazooka and a anti tank gun to determine how the damage was done. Very interesting show.
I Like Mike
AG
Where is it available? History Channel?
Alpine
AG
It was on channel 614 on xfinity. Not sure if it's anywhere else but I'm sure if you do a search some info will come up.
Jabin
I used to work with an incredibly interesting guy. He was Vietnamese by birth, was part of the boat people who fled Vietnam after the war, entered the U.S. and eventually entered the US Air Force Academy, and then spent a career as an Air Force officer.

When I worked with him he was in his early 40s but looked 22. He had a side gig buying surplus military radar and then flipping it to municipalities, airports, weather stations or anyone else who needed radar. He'd make hundreds of thousands to millions per deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.