B-17 "Texas Raiders" down in DFW

2,025 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jkag89
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Midair collision with another warbird fighter. Thoughts and prayers to all who are lost and their friends and families. She will be missed.
AggieBand2004
AG
Someone said the other plane was a Kingcobra. Watching the collision on video, there's no way anyone survived.
I feel sick.
JABQ04
AG
Saw a video. Tragic.
FIDO_Ags
Thoughts and prayers to all lost. My Dad and I got to fly in Texas Raiders in 2016. Another treasure lost.
jbanda
AG
We just saw that B-17 on Thursday. It did a flyover for my kids school here in Richmond.
byfLuger41
AG
Thoughts and prayers to the families impacted by this horrific tragedy.

They flew over my office Thursday morning on their way to WOD.

It's a sad day for the community.
Capitol Ag
AG
Was there at the show. We were looking away at some of the other planes when a person standing next to us emotionally exclaimed "Oh no! Texas Raiders crashed!" I didn't really believe him and turned to see the plume of smoke. His friend saw to collision. The P-63 King Cobra, for some reason crossed into the path of the Fortress and cut through the fusalage behind the wing. No idea why. Maybe he got out of his flight with the 2 Mustangs he was flying with and was trying to angle back to catch up? Lost situational awareness maybe. All speculation on my part watching the videos. Whatever happened, it was a sad day. The Texas Raiders crew tent was near where we were sitting. So sad to see them. T&P sent.
whiskey02
AG
Is this the one from the Lonestar Flight Museum in Houston?
BQ78
AG
Supposedly
Capitol Ag
AG
whiskey02 said:

Is this the one from the Lonestar Flight Museum in Houston?

Texas Raiders is with the Commemorative Air Force out of Conroe. The King Cobra is also CAF but now with the Georgia Wing (?) Need to check on the King Cobra. Some articles put it in the Houston Area.
jkag89
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.