Aggie History Items/Collections Thread

5,418 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by muleshoe
ChucoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just went down a rabbit hole on this forum section recently so I am not sure if there's a thread for this yet.

Just wanted to make a thread for any Ags who have any cool parts of Aggie history in anyway that they would like to share.

My Father-in-law just found a Texas A&M yearbook from 1922 that he's going to show me next weekend. Super excited to see it and I will post pictures in here! (I am class of '22 so it's a funny coincidence he found that year as well)
ABATTBQ87
AG
FYI: All A&M yearbooks are online; also the yearbooks from 1903 to 1948 were titled "The Longhorn"

1922 Longhorn

CanyonAg77
AG
Seems like there has been a similar thread.

Pinkie Wilson's grandson won it in a landslide.
wessimo
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2948418/replies/51692988#51692988
AgRyan04
A few of my favorites....

My helmet....it was Chad Schroeder's 2004 helmet that I won in an AggieAthletics.com auction and I've bit by bit filled it out....probably done now. Johnny, JDC, Von, R.C., Jackie, J.Roper, J-Train, Q.Coryatt, Leyland, Greg Hill, Dat, Darren Lewis, Childress, Bucky, R.Mickens, A.Wallace

My media guide collection....I am missing one from 1964 to 2007 (the last printed version).

My ticket stub collection.....it started out as just the ticket stubs from the games I've been to but I started expanding it about 10-15 years ago. I've never counted but I've probably got between 250-300 now. My oldest are 1930 t.u., 1937 TCU, 1938 SMU, and 1939 TCU.

But my most prized piece isn't really historic - it's my 12th Man towel. I got it before my first game my freshman year ('00 Wyoming) and it has been to all but two of the 180ish games I've been to since.

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
The '22 Longhorn misspelled "Centre" and didn't mention King Gill-the Twelfth Man!
Rabid Cougar
AG
AgRyan04 said:

A few of my favorites....

My helmet....it was Chad Schroeder's 2004 helmet that I won in an AggieAthletics.com auction and I've bit by bit filled it out....probably done now. Johnny, JDC, Von, R.C., Jackie, J.Roper, J-Train, Q.Coryatt, Leyland, Greg Hill, Dat, Darren Lewis, Childress, Bucky, R.Mickens, A.Wallace

My media guide collection....I am missing one from 1964 to 2007 (the last printed version).

My ticket stub collection.....it started out as just the ticket stubs from the games I've been to but I started expanding it about 10-15 years ago. I've never counted but I've probably got between 250-300 now. My oldest are 1930 t.u., 1937 TCU, 1938 SMU, and 1939 TCU.

But my most prized piece isn't really historic - it's my 12th Man towel. I got it before my first game my freshman year ('00 Wyoming) and it has been to all but two of the 180ish games I've been to since.

I expect my NIL payment of $.12 for the 12th Man Towel. No.11 12thMKoT '84-'86.

whoop1995
AG

Collect ticket stubs as well - missing three bowl games if anyone can help - 44 orange bowl, 81 independence bowl and 21 orange bowl

I love ticket stubs started collecting when I was a kid and focusing on a&m when I was a student - have a fairly decent with holes - tu vs a&m ticket collection starting with 1927

The postcard above is from the 5 year of the college used in the sixth year by a professor that was later the president h.h. Dinwiddie - read it and see how much college was back then.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1978, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010
aalan94
AG
A few years ago, I found a set of A&M football VHS tapes at Goodwill. Every game from 1989-1998 for $1 a piece. I bought them all.
Rabid Cougar
AG
aalan94 said:

A few years ago, I found a set of A&M football VHS tapes at Goodwill. Every game from 1989-1998 for $1 a piece. I bought them all.
I have VHS tapes of every game from 1984-1986... Worth $1 a piece?.. Dammit!
Rabid Cougar
AG
whoop1995 said:

Collect ticket stubs as well - missing three bowl games if anyone can help - 44 orange bowl, 81 independence bowl and 21 orange bowl

I love ticket stubs started collecting when I was a kid and focusing on a&m when I was a student - have a fairly decent with holes - tu vs a&m ticket collection starting with 1927

The postcard above is from the 5 year of the college used in the sixth year by a professor that was later the president h.h. Dinwiddie - read it and see how much college was back then.
Have the 50th and 51st Cotton Bowls... Green one 2nd row 2nd in.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I have a newspaper from January 3, 1922 with a write-up about our game on January 2nd, 1922 vs Center College of Kentucky.

The game King Gill was pulled from the press box by Coach Bible and made to suit-up on the sidelines and prepare to enter the game.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Nice. I've got a ticket stub from the 1940 Sugar Bowl win vs Tulane (1939 National Championship).
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Last one. I can get a better pic when I get home.

A tuition receipt from 1896 stamped by L. S. Ross.

TXAGBQ76
AG
We've got a letter to my wife's grandfather (CO 1914) from Coach DX Bible, as well as a picture the campus when he was there.
SoTxAg
AG
Post card to home from one of my great uncles. Had some more also showing campus buildings, but gave them to my cousin.

iamtheglove
I've been collecting A&M memorabilia for about 20 years. Have some pretty unique stuff: Bear Bryant's coaching jacket from his time at A&M, the Heisman trophy ballot that the famous announcer Keith Jackson submitted in 1957 naming "John Crow" as his top selection, a helmet and uniform form the 1939 season which was used as the model for the 1939 throwback uniforms Adidas did for us, the famous telegram that MacArthur sent regarding Texas A&M men serving in the Pacific, plus over 900 football programs including the 1922 game vs Centre College.

I have about 25% of my collection on my website: www.vintageaggieland.com for anyone interested is seeing some of it.
BQ78
AG
EOT
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
iamtheglove said:

I've been collecting A&M memorabilia for about 20 years. Have some pretty unique stuff: Bear Bryant's coaching jacket from his time at A&M, the Heisman trophy ballot that the famous announcer Keith Jackson submitted in 1957 naming "John Crow" as his top selection, a helmet and uniform form the 1939 season which was used as the model for the 1939 throwback uniforms Adidas did for us, the famous telegram that MacArthur sent regarding Texas A&M men serving in the Pacific, plus over 900 football programs including the 1922 game vs Centre College.

I have about 25% of my collection on my website: www.vintageaggieland.com for anyone interested is seeing some of it.

Great! Did you notice The Longhorn writeup spelled Centre -"Center"?
war hymn aggie
AG
iamtheglove said:

I've had the honor of meeting Bill & have seen pics of some of his A&M-related memorabilia.
No A&M museum can compete with his collection.
It's absolutely amazing.
annie88
AG
I have a lot of really cool, unusual A&M memorabilia. I'll take some pictures of it and post here when I get a chance.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I have a newspaper from January 3, 1922 with a write-up about our game on January 2nd, 1922 vs Center College of Kentucky.

The game King Gill was pulled from the press box by Coach Bible and made to suit-up on the sidelines and prepare to enter the game.

see Centre College!
aTm 99
AG
I have a "nearly complete" yearbook collection and one of my favorite things to do when I get a new addition is to look through for stuff that the previous owners left in the pages. The prized possession of my collection is the 1929 Longhorn (the yearbook was the Long Horn and then Longhorn before changing to Aggieland in the 40's). This edition arrived with several others and I saw the note under the front cover "To my Mother on Mothers Day May 12 1929, W.P. Patton Jr." but missed a document my sis-in-law found about a year later.
It turned out that W.P. Patton Jr. was the valedictorian and pasted the original copy of his valedictory address to the class of 1929 to the last page of the yearbook!
hmiles619
AG
I'd love this group's help in helping me identify and find out more information about a watch that was passed down to me. I'm looking for confirmation of model, age, and potential value.

• It belonged to my grandfather, class of '49.
  • It has a Hamilton logo on the front with the Texas A&M University seal in the center of the watch.
  • The back of the watch is gold and also stamped with "HAMILTON" and "10KGOLDPLATED"
  • The watch band is leather with "HAMILTON" inscription on the inside of the band.
  • The watch may possibly be the STORMKING VII according to this listing that I found online

Any information or direction on this would be appreciated!

You might try the Houston forum.

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2759133

Bunch of watch gurus thereā€¦..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.