The lost grave of James Coryell

1,447 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jabin
Jabin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The lost grave of James Coryell - very interesting video from PBS.

The lost grave of James Coryell
Rabid Cougar
AG
Very Cool!

Have driven by that place 100 times.

Thanks for posting.
one safe place
That was very good, thanks for sharing that with us. Archaeology is so fascinating, I wish I had taken more of an interest in it when I was at A&M. They are still looking for Marines on Tarawa, just over 400 of them still buried there. One of the archaeologists doing some excavation showed me most of the pelvis of a Japanese soldier, told me her conclusions as to how he died and other details. I asked how she had decided all this from the bones she recovered and her explanation all made sense once she told me! Truly a fascinating field of study.
dcbowers
AG
Interesting story and video.

Apparently, more recently, more sophisticated DNA testing has confirmed the remains as being of James Coryell.

But, what has happened to the remains since then? He had no survivors. Were they reinterred? If so, where?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jabin
Quote:

But, what has happened to the remains since then? He had no survivors. Were they reinterred? If so, where?
I sure hope so. Graves are sacred, after all. It bothers me that we dig graves up and open coffins in the name of "science" or "archaeology". It's merely prurient interest when all is said. Just because someone works for a museum, university or calls themselves a "scholar" should not give them the right to disturb graves knowingly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.