Alamo Lawsuit

1,245 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by pmart
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alamo-lawsuit-experts-book-fake-artifacts-phil-collins

Anybody familiar with this? I didn't bother with this book based on it getting panned by several well known Alamo historians that said it was just iconoclasm. But I am now curious how they questioned the provenance of these artifacts.
pmart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I listened to the audiobook about a year ago so the details are pretty fuzzy, but yes they went to great extents to claim many of the artifacts from Phil Collins were fakes. Phil Collins relied on dealers (probably the ones suing) for their authenticity. If I remember correctly, the authors spent a lot of time denigrating the reputation of the dealers to cast doubt on the authenticity of the artifacts. The book made several or at least one of the dealers look pretty shady, so if this was them, then yeah I am sure their reputation was harmed. Now I guess it will be up to the court to decide if it was justified or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.