Professional Geneologists?

1,771 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
dcbowers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I signed up for 23 and me a couple of years ago. Through the results, I've figured out that I am likely 4 - 6th cousins with a co-worker of mine (potentially, we share 3rd great-grandparents). We both know we have ancestors from South Carolina in the early- to mid- 1800's, but can not find any obvious common ancestors.

Does anyone have experience or recommendations regarding hiring a professional genealogist who could possibly help identify our common ancestors?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheSheik
AG
I ran across the lady a few months ago - or rather she ran across me searching heirs on a real estate deal -

that's what she does, finding Genealogy connections - I don't have any idea what she would cost for what you need - but she did a really good job of finding me in a nest of cousins from a great grand dad land deal 70 years ago....

https://www.facebook.com/lostleavesresearch/

Raptor
AG
I've been doing genealogy for over 25 years. Started with my own family and then branched out to extended family and friends. Depending on what information you want exactly, I'm sure we can work out a fair deal (I don't charge anything near what professional genealogist cost). Email me at RaptorTexags at gmail if you are still interested.

Found out that I'm 5th cousin once removed to Blake Shelton.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

fka ftc
Raptor, you may be getting an email if still interested in helping someone dig on genealogy.

In true Thanksgiving Day fashion we had an interesting kitchen discussion. The widow of my wife's brother (he passed a year ago) asked if anyone ever hears from cousin x's kid. Cousin x died nearly 20 years ago in a car accident and was in his early 20s and lived on the wilder side.

My brother-in-law passed a year ago, as mentioned, but he had a medical event 5-6 years ago that left him mentally limited. Prior to that, he was the historian in the family and also loved conspiracy theories, earning him a visit from the FBI a number of years ago when digging on JFK. But alas, after his accident much of the info was stored in his head and no longer accessible.

That being said, his widow mentioned this supposed child of cousin x that NOBODY has ever even suggested exists. Rather than dismiss, I asked her if my BIL had ever done DNA testing and researched those records. Turns out, he did. So I am thinking her comment was more than just mis-remembering.

What would be a good way to research this?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.