New U.S centric Oversimplified video "The Pig War". Thoughts?

1,500 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ78
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Do we have anyone on here more knowledgeable that can provide a bit more insight to this seldom talked about topic?
BQ78
AG
Floated by San Juan Island about four years ago. I know the particulars and the video covers it well. They didn't mention Pickett's Indian "wife." He had a son with her who went to West Point. And yes the San Juan Island Pickett is the one of the famous charge.

Now let's talk about the even lesser known Pig War of Texas history.
SBISA Victim
AG
aalan? ttt
JB!98
AG
My son was asking me about this just yesterday. I had no idea what he was talking about. We have conversations about wars and battles from the revolution to present all the time and I had never heard of this.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Sapper Redux
BQ78 said:

Floated by San Juan Island about four years ago. I know the particulars and the video covers it well. They didn't mention Pickett's Indian "wife." He had a son with her who went to West Point. And yes the San Juan Island Pickett is the one of the famous charge.

Now let's talk about the even lesser known Pig War of Texas history.

I thought it was his other son who went to West Point? I thought his son in Washington was essentially ignored because of his ancestry and made his way as an artist or teacher?
BQ78
AG
That's right, I mis-remembered about which son went to West Point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.