My article re: the history of Small-Town Texas for Texas Highways

2,332 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TheSheik
Traces of Texas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey y'all, I wrote an article for Texas Highways re: small-town Texas. Lots of historical photos of small-Texas towns. It was quite a bit of work and I'd be obliged if y'all would take a gander:

Still working out some issues with formatting these articles so if you have any difficulty viewing this if you'd post what you're viewing it on (Android, Iphone, tablet/pad, computer etc..) and what operating system/version you're using that would be most helpful. Finally, any comments on content or factual corrections would also be welcome.

Martin Cash
AG
Great story. Enjoy your FB page immensely.
chick79
AG
I subscribed to the magazine. Will this come out in the next issue?
chick79
AG
chick79
AG
Dp
chick79
AG
Dp
chick79
YellAgs
jswags
AG
Great stuff! I was waiting for one of the photos I sent you on twitter to pop up. Not sure how you were able to narrow down your selections!
p_bubel
I absolutely love your facebook page, I'm happy you posted here.
billyboy2001
AG
It seems like the trend is to keep drifting from the roots. Thank you for this.
Bucketrunner
Wonderful! Oh to eat at the Old Borunda again.
OldArmy71
AG
Love the photos! Great job!
aalan94
AG
So great to see you here. I've been in awe of your FB feed for years.
NE PA Ag
Thanks for posting that, really awesome. I love the pics of places my family lived. My great Aunt went to Mission High School with Tom Landry, so that was cool to see.

My grandmother lived in San Augustine for a couple of years as a toddler before moving to Hardin and then ultimately Brownsville, where she lived from the age of 5. I heard some incredible stories from her and my great Uncle about the bandits (Villa and Zapata's gangs) from Mexico raiding and burning farms in their area circa 1914/1915.

Other family lived in Weslaco as well.

The only thing I'd tell you about looking at the page was that pics with more text associated with them couldn't be viewed in full because the text box partially covered them when scrolling. I'm using Android on my cell phone.

Thanks again, loved looking at this.
Bighunter43
AG
This was awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed the sports teams of the early 1900's....my grandmother (pictured here) and was the softball coach at Bertram High in the 1920's....gotta love the uni's!!
TheSheik
AG
Really good job - Thanks for sharing
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.