Aggies on 9/11 - Flight 93

1,926 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
BonfireWriter23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags!

I'm currently researching different Aggies' experiences on 9/11. While Aggies' recollections of New York and Washington, D.C. are fairly well documented, I'm searching for someone who saw the Flight 93 crash or has a story to tell about that specific part of the 9/11 tragedy. I'm compiling these accounts to reflect on the attacks on the 20-year anniversary of the events.

If any Aggie on here was living in or around Somerset County or Shanksville, Pennsylvania, on Sept. 11, 2001, please tell me about your experience or message me!
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
BonfireWriter23 said:

Howdy Ags!

I'm currently researching different Aggies' experiences on 9/11. While Aggies' recollections of New York and Washington, D.C. are fairly well documented, I'm searching for someone who saw the Flight 93 crash or has a story to tell about that specific part of the 9/11 tragedy. I'm compiling these accounts to reflect on the attacks on the 20-year anniversary of the events.

If any Aggie on here was living in or around Somerset County or Shanksville, Pennsylvania, on Sept. 11, 2001, please tell me about your experience or message me!

Sorry to be that guy, but that thread title needs a little work.
AggieZUUL
AG
FTACo88-FDT24dad said:

BonfireWriter23 said:

Howdy Ags!

Sorry to be that guy, but that thread title needs a little work.

Yeah, that dash isn't isn't much of a delimiter.

HollywoodBQ
AG
Have you been to the museum in rural PA?

If you do go, I 100% recommend NOT listening to the recorded phone calls.

As a Denver based United Airlines frequent flyer at the time, watching the movie "United 93" was pretty intense, traveling to the actual crash site was beyond belief.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Stood in the exact spot that Flight 77 hit the Pentagon on the first floor on the west side near the heliport entrance. There is a memorial in a room that marks that spot. There is also a small memorial in the room to two men who were Pentagon employees and on Flight 77.

Was in a briefing there with a man whose office was destroyed. Had he not been down the hall watching the news in a conference room he would have been killed.

Very moving experience. Was doing Lewis and Clark programing in 2004 for the Department of the Army. Reagan's funeral was that same week.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Stephen McGee helped right after !
Rabid Cougar
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Stephen McGee helped right after !

I think you mean Roy May the former Yell Leader.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.