Books on Manhattan Project

1,163 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stoneyjr78
UnderoosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting my dad books for Father's Day sparked my interest in reading. Referring to the dogs farts as nuclear warfare got me thinking of the Manhattan Project. Any recs for good ones?
Aquin
AG
Dark Sun by Richard Rhodes
BQ78
AG
The Bomb by Fred Kaplan
UTExan
Also The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes. 886 pages of thorough history from the conception of nuclear energy through to the detonation of the first devices. Cannot recommend this book enough.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
CanyonAg77
AG
UTExan said:

Also The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes. 886 pages of thorough history from the conception of nuclear energy through to the detonation of the first devices. Cannot recommend this book enough.
The definitive one.
UnderoosAg
AG
Thanks
stoneyjr78
AG
A precursor which led to safety precautions on the Manhattan Project is The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore.
hut-ho78
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.