Book Update

1,687 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aalan94
aalan94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
An update on my book on the 1812-13 revolution in Texas.

I got the first two peer reviews back and they are both positive. One was very much so, and recommended the publisher accept it with minimal revisions. The other was positive and also recommended acceptance, but had significant additional revisions suggested. Some involve additional research (might need another trip to Louisiana) and some are structural. But they're all doable. That's my job this summer.
--------------------------------

dcbowers
AG
Congratulations! This is a big step forward.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YellAgs
AG
Thanks for the update. Very exciting for you.
Bogdonovich
Good luck- where did you find your beta readers?

DevilYack
AG
Great news. I saw you on TV the other day. This news is much more interesting.
spud1910
AG
Congratulations!
aalan94
AG
Quote:

Great news. I saw you on TV the other day. This news is much more interesting.
Everyone else sees me on TV. I never see myself. I've done probably 400 TV interviews in the last year and caught maybe 2 on TV.
tmaggies
AG
You have come a long way Bernie Jr...... congratulations!
JABQ04
AG
Aalan,
I just read on FB about an archaeology group that is using Veterans to help with projects and it stated early next year they will be looking for the Battle of Medina. Are you involved in that? Group is called AVAR (American Veterans Archaeology Recovery).
aalan94
AG
No I am not, but I know the guy behind it. I don't really get into the debate of the location of the Battle of Medina.One book on this topic from the 1970s did that and while it's not a bad book, everything in the story had to be shortchanged for that goal. And really, it all comes down to guessing until evidence is found.

Also, I'm trying to get away from the narrative that this is just one battle. There were three battles in this war that were bigger than San Jacinto, plus a seige that was 8 times longer than the Alamo. It's a very complex conflict and talking about one battle - even though it's so crucial - loses the forest for the trees.
aalan94
AG
Quote:

You have come a long way Bernie Jr...... congratulations!
Do I know you? Because Bernie was my dad's nickname.
tmaggies
AG
Deer Camp I have fond memories of your Dad and Tom........
aalan94
AG
Awesome! Send me a private note and we'll chat. Email is on my blog: www.texhist.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.