Happy 10th anniversary of the bin Laden raid

1,772 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Marauder Blue 6
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still remember exactly where I was standing when I found out he was finished.

A few years ago I got to shake the hand of the man who shot him.
CanyonAg77
AG
Cue up photo of Biden in the situation room at the time, wondering what happened.

ReloadAg
AG
Ha yep some things never change
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
Surprisingly, the History Channel has two good pieces on 9/11 and the subsequent hunt for Bin Laden yesterday.
CanyonAg77
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Cue up photo of Biden in the situation room at the time, wondering what happened.

And does anyone have the version with Gates posting on TexAgs?
nortex97
AG
Biden; "I advised them not to do it."

Brennan: "I sure hope an American soldier/Seal is killed."

Obama: "I can't believe I signed off on this."

That's all I see when I see that pic.
Ol Jock 99
AG
nortex97 said:

Biden; "I advised them not to do it."

Brennan: "I sure hope an American soldier/Seal is killed."

Obama: "I can't believe I signed off on this."

That's all I see when I see that pic.
Impressive imagination.
Rabid Cougar
AG
I was 127 miles from him at that exact moment.
AggieZUUL
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

Peshawar?
JABQ04
AG
I remember the impromptu street party in our housing at JBLM.
notex
AG
Sounds pretty realistic to me.
dallasiteinsa02
My sister was set to have dinner with the Bushes that night. Her best friend in high school parents' are very close to them. GWB got the call from Obama right before he walked in the door. Ten minutes later and he would have been at the table when the call came in.
Ag In Ok
AG
Though i am not a fan of Obama, he is one of the four who appear to be ready to see blood, and possibly our men die. The others don't have the same game face. The others just come across as either in shock of how damn deadly we can be or they are just watching another video feed.

Just my .02.
CanyonAg77
AG
I think you're reading a hell of a lot into a photograph covering 1/60th of a second of time.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Very proud to own a signed copy of O'neill's book. Knowing the same trigger finger that double-tapped UBL also gripped a pen that signed my copy is really special to me.
Rabid Cougar
AG
AggieZUUL said:

Rabid Cougar said:

Peshawar?
Abad in the Kunar. Basically Waco to Denton.
Rabid Cougar
AG

This from Zero Dark Thirty. Supposed to be Team members at their compound at Jbad before their mission.

I can say with 100% certainty there was no sand or raggedy assed GP medium tents anywhere around their compound... Nor helicopters in the sun and weather.
Wildman15
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I think you're reading a hell of a lot into a photograph covering 1/60th of a second of time.
Doesn't really matter in my opinion. "A picture speaks a thousand words"
CanyonAg77
AG
Wildman15 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Doesn't really matter in my opinion. "A picture speaks a thousand words"
And sometimes those thousand words are a lie. You can find photos of almost any public figure that run the gamut from heroic to doofus, with little to no relationship to what is happening in the moment.

When you have thousands of photos taken, a lot of them will be clinkers.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Two great articles published last week for the anniversary.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2021/04/30/osama-bin-laden-death-white-house-oral-history-484793

https://www.militarytimes.com/opinion/commentary/2021/05/01/a-view-from-the-ct-foxhole-admiral-retired-william-h-mcraven-former-commander-us-special-operations-command-and-nicholas-rasmussen-former-national-counterterrorism-center-director-reflect-on-the-usama-bin-ladin-raid/
cbr
AG
i've met one of the raid team. we do some SF fundraisers, and have a big shin dig and party to go with it every year. good guy. he didnt talk much about it.

the official story is clearly a pile of bull***** who knows what is true and what is not. absolutely no way to trust anything anymore.

the complete 'out there' conspiracy theories have no more holes in them than the official narrative.

the biggest thing to me is - what is this bull**** about dumping the body with no evidence, no preservation of anything, no real story, just

'well, we found him, we killed him, we dumped his corpose in the ocean, that's it' ???

why does that make sense? I am sure there is some explanation somehow.

Fairly similar to saddam hussein. the us really just let him hang from a rope and dumped him somewhere without real evidence, trial, video, etc.,?

these decisions seem bizarre.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
cbr said:

i've met one of the raid team. we do some SF fundraisers, and have a big shin dig and party to go with it every year. good guy. he didnt talk much about it.

the official story is clearly a pile of bull***** who knows what is true and what is not. absolutely no way to trust anything anymore.

the complete 'out there' conspiracy theories have no more holes in them than the official narrative.

the biggest thing to me is - what is this bull**** about dumping the body with no evidence, no preservation of anything, no real story, just

'well, we found him, we killed him, we dumped his corpose in the ocean, that's it' ???

why does that make sense? I am sure there is some explanation somehow.

Fairly similar to saddam hussein. the us really just let him hang from a rope and dumped him somewhere without real evidence, trial, video, etc.,?

these decisions seem bizarre.

How early did you start drinking today?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.