Unit awards?

1,511 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I only remember Moore, Hochmuth and Jouine. Now there seems to be a bunch more unit awards. Is there a link that tells what all these awards mean?
BQ78
AG
The Trophy generation hit the quad over a decade ago.

The one that gets me is half the corps wears CO tabs now, including underclassmen. WTH?
CanyonAg77
AG
https://corps.tamu.edu/corpsawards/

CT'97
AG
BQ78 said:

The one that gets me is half the corps wears CO tabs now, including underclassmen. WTH?
You mean green tabs for leadership positions like the the Army does? You have a problem with the Corps wearing an Army uniform matching Army uniform regulations?
Texas A&M - 144 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress.
Buck Turgidson
CanyonAg77 said:

https://corps.tamu.edu/corpsawards/

This merely lists the current year winners. It doesn't explain what the awards are for. What is the commandant's flag, for example?
Buck Turgidson
CT'97 said:

BQ78 said:

You mean green tabs for leadership positions like the the Army does? You have a problem with the Corps wearing an Army uniform matching Army uniform regulations?
I believe the green tabs used to be for company COs and above (battalion, brigade, corps commanders). Sounds like they now have them for underclassmen.
CT'97
AG
Yes, I know what it used to be.
It is now been brought in line with the way the US ARMY utilizes the same "green tab" with those directly in positions of leadership, ie. team leaders, vehicle commanders, squad leaders, on up the chain of command.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Pissheads who are company clerks have them
Quad Dog
AG
I feel like the Corps always ebbs and flows in awards, ribbons, and rank. We must be in a boom time right now.
JABQ04
AG
The army doesn't use the green tabs anymore. I was a first line supervisor of troops in 2008 and never wore the green tabs in active duty. The corps switched to everyone in charge of other cadets wearing green tabs after that.
BQ78
AG
Well since they don't wear the army uniform, your question is based on a wrong premise.
CanyonAg77
AG
Do they still call guys with a bunch of ribbons "Mexican Generals", or is that a little too close to farting off the current Commandant?

(Who I like)
Fly Army 97
TXAGBQ76 said:

Pissheads who are company clerks have them
Sounds like a Band issue.
TXAGBQ76
AG
You must not have been on the quad in a while...
CT'97
AG
BQ78 said:

Well since they don't wear the army uniform, your question is based on a wrong premise.
Are you suggesting that the Bravo uniform that the cadets wear isn't a direct copy of the 1970's Khaki Charlie uniform from the US ARMY? The same uniform that had wear of the green leadership shoulder tabs for wear on it? So wear of the green tabs through out the chain of command for those in leadership positions would be fitting. It has nothing to do with a trophy generation, it's recognition for those in a leadership position.

Quote:

Leaders identification insignia

a. Leaders in all units (Active Army, Army National Guard, and Army Reserves), regardless of unit category (MTOE or TDA), will wear the leaders identification (LI) insignia
b. The following specific leaders are authorized to wear the leaders identification insignia. (1) Commanders.
(2) Deputy commanders.
(3) Platoon leaders.
(4) Command sergeants major. (5) First sergeants.
(6) Platoon sergeants.
(7) Section leaders.
(8) Squad leaders and tank commanders.
(9) Team leaders.
(10) Assistant SF detachment commanders.
(11) SF operational detachment B sergeants major.
(12) SF operational detachment A senior sergeants.
c. The LI insignia is a green cloth loop, 158 inches wide, worn in the middle of both shoulder loops on the Army
green coat, the cold-weather coat (field jacket) and on the center tab of the extended cold-weather clothing system (ECWCS) (Gortex) parka. When the LI is worn on the parka, personnel wear their grade insignia centered on the LI. Personnel may wear pin-on grade insignia, or they may sew onto the LI the same cloth grade insignia that is worn on the collars of the utility uniform (see fig 28137).
[1]
d. Personnel will not wear the LI when reassigned from a command position or from an organization designated above, or when taking an official photo.

nortex97
AG
FM 22-Aggie has only rarely really matched anything on the real Army side. LOL.
Buck Turgidson
Well I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum - meant to post in the military forum. Anybody know how to ask the moderators to move it?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.