Book in peer review

1,651 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
aalan94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Texas history book is now in the peer review process. Fingers crossed, but this could be good. I won't name the publisher, but it's a university press that would be a great fit.
The way the process works, after a lot of research, I set my priority targets and reached out in turn to each. Target 1 was a big name with gravitas, but a stretch. Still, I had to do that. So after a month of hearing nothing from them, they basically said they weren't going to do any Texas stuff at this time. Target 2. Sent them a querry package (did a lot of research to figure out exactly what to include). They responded by asking for a sample chapter. Sent them that. Then after a while (this is a very long process) they asked for the whole book. Now they're sending out to peer reviewers. Not sure who these are, but I suggested 3-4, so it will likely be a mix of those and others they have identified.

I feel good, and while nothing is guaranteed, I've already had my manuscript reviewed by two prominent Texas historians with very positive comments, and have had long discussions on it with another 2-3 who, while not seeing the manuscript, were very positive once they heard my findings and methodology.
Gric
AG
Good luck!
rebag00
AG
You've already got a customer base here.
CanyonAg77
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Best of good fortune! May all your hard work be rewarded.
FJB
TheSheik
AG
good luck - hope to read it one day
YellAgs
AG
Any updates?
aalan94
AG
No updates yet. I've been told this can be a maddening, slow process. Meanwhile, I've got some of my material submitted to an academic journal, and one more article on the way. I also have 2 Handbook of Texas Online entry updates that are still in review.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Texas history
You had me at these words. Just let me know the title when it's published, and I'll pick up a copy.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

Texas history
You had me at these words. Just let me know the title when it's published, and I'll pick up a copy.
Same
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.