Chinese explorers in North America Pre Columbus?

2,287 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cbr
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Pretty interesting watch. About halfway through, East Bay wall out in San Francisco and Chinese and Mongol maps thus far.
joho
I found this episode interesting from the perspective that so much human knowledge has been forgotten and rediscovered over the millennia. The production value of this series is a bit cheesy IMO, but the premise of this episode is of course plausible. Not only might we never know if the pre-Columbian Chinese or Scandinavian explorers spent significant time in N America, but in ancient world history there are likely entire civilizations with knowledge/technology that we don't know ever existed.
AgBQ-00
AG
I agree with the cheezy observation. But I thought it was a good subject and interesting
Rabid Cougar
AG
Well yea.... well maybe not actual Chinese but their ancestors came over on the Barent Sea land bridges. Made it all the way down to the tip of South America.
Spyderman
AG
Academics/mainstream historians don't like alternative data such as this. Especially the countless megalithic structures around this planet.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
74OA
AG
Stand-by for the CCP to expand its ancient claim over the entire SCS to now include ownership of North America, too.
oragator
Well the guy he is using on the maps also believes that Sumerians, Celts, Phoenicians, West Africans, Norwegians, Egyptians, Polynesians, Chinese, Japanese, Romans, Greeks, Arabs, Hindus all got here too. So not sure he is the guy you wanna get excited over.
Nagler
AG
Quote:

but in ancient world history there are likely entire civilizations with knowledge/technology that we don't know ever existed.

This has always been my knock on a lot of ancient history books I've read or shows I watched.

A bunch of them at like they know everything that ever happened.

The stuff we have happened to get buried in a way that it didn't decompose and we happened to stumble on it.
Spyderman
AG
oragator said:

Well the guy he is using on the maps also believes that Sumerians, Celts, Phoenicians, West Africans, Norwegians, Egyptians, Polynesians, Chinese, Japanese, Romans, Greeks, Arabs, Hindus all got here too. So not sure he is the guy you wanna get excited over.
Why not?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
oragator
Because there's no evidence for any of it?
The guy is simply a publicity hound who wants to sell books. This is the discussion on the map he is touting as proof of the Chinese arrival:

https://www.livescience.com/7002-map-fuels-debate-chinese-sail-world.html

And Zheng's voyage that he references is well documented and followed known trade routes. Spend five minutes looking at it online, and you will see there is zero evidence they circumnavigated anything,

But more to the point, when the Norse landed in Newfoundland a settlement was found with irrefutable evidence. A long wall isn't evidencing anything, though it's a fascinating mystery. One that mostly has a mundane explanation, like a boundary wall, or one to keep livestock in or out. But saying "hey China built the Great Wall and this is a long wall so...." isn't a valid argument. Show actual Chinese settlements. Or did they just turn around? If so, then why build a wall only to leave? Why don't native Americans have it in their folklore? Or in their dna?
And I say all of that completely ,acknowledging evidence could come later, But it requires real evidence, not largely discredited maps and fantasies about voyages that didn't happen.

/nerd history major rant.
cbr
AG
74OA said:

Stand-by for the CCP to expand its ancient claim over the entire SCS to now include ownership of North America, too.
they did that 30 years ago, and their takeover is almost complete already.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.